Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:44 PM

541 posts, read 1,334,900 times

Advertisements

sorry to ask,but how old are you???....i mean,in a certain age, a woman should know,where she stands,if she finished one hundred percent with the past and wants to move on or not..

in a certain age a woman must know herself good enough and her feelings to be capable to answer this question withouht putting it on a forum...i am hier to learn english,but i really wonder,how many women hier in usa are not mature enough,insecure and acting just stupide smoetimes....

my dear,it is time to grew up and become a strong,smart woman,who knows what to do in such a situation..YOU MUST KNOW,WHAT IS BEST FOR YOURSELF,WITHOUHT ASKING STRANGERS IN A FORUM!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,146,293 times
YIKES !! A meddling mom can't be good .... What would he think, how would he react, and what will do after he finds out ?? I know I'd be livid-

Old 02-18-2010, 03:30 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,815,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Humm....I know her pretty well and she is not a drama type of person and her contacting me is out of character. She would never do this without a good reason, especially since she knows he'd not want it. Crap. Something has to be really wrong for her to do this, I think. Now I need to decide if I want to know.
The tests results came in; highly contagious with close contact?

Unless I was sure I wanted absolutely nothing to do with an ex (and had very little concern) I'd have to meet for a few minutes to find out what was going on. What's great in your case is that the time apart was mutual and you can always play the "we both decided it was best" card and politely move on.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:40 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,308,518 times
My gut says she probably wants to talk to you about the break-up and get you two back together.

How long were you two together?

Old 02-18-2010, 03:40 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,174,173 times
Wierdo. All is fun and games until mom shows up for an acid attack with a knife to boot....

What is she the Joker? Leaving notes at your door?

Old 02-18-2010, 03:41 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,578,503 times
I think I'd go ahead and do it but of course you're the one who knows all of the details of this situation and I'm just basing my response after reading your posts. If I liked someone who happened to be the Mother of an ex-girlfriend I know I'd feel like refusing to do so would probably come across a little harshly and I would prefer to explain things even if it meant telling her that the relationship just didn't work out. Good luck.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:54 PM

740 posts, read 1,229,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
sorry to ask,but how old are you???....i mean,in a certain age, a woman should know,where she stands,if she finished one hundred percent with the past and wants to move on or not..

in a certain age a woman must know herself good enough and her feelings to be capable to answer this question withouht putting it on a forum...i am hier to learn english,but i really wonder,how many women hier in usa are not mature enough,insecure and acting just stupide smoetimes....

my dear,it is time to grew up and become a strong,smart woman,who knows what to do in such a situation..YOU MUST KNOW,WHAT IS BEST FOR YOURSELF,WITHOUHT ASKING STRANGERS IN A FORUM!!
I'm asking here because I have no one here (Turkey) who understands why I might be hesitant to meet her. Even at 35, I still not hip enough to this culture to know enough to avoid a mine field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
YIKES !! A meddling mom can't be good .... What would he think, how would he react, and what will do after he finds out ?? I know I'd be livid-
He might be, which is why I didn't email him to find out what is going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
My gut says she probably wants to talk to you about the break-up and get you two back together.

How long were you two together?
About 2 yrs

Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM

740 posts, read 1,229,798 times
So, final decision, after weighing all of your good advice. I am going to meet her. I thought a lot about our relationship and realized she is not a natural meddler. In 2 years of dating her son, her most intrusive act was packing us lunch for a road trip (and it was a well appreciated intrusion!). Knowing her, something pretty serious must have happened for her to contact me, and I still care about him, so I want to know.

Many of you will think I'm making the wrong choice, and I might be, but my gut says whatever is happening is not trivial. If I am making the wrong choice, I will know by 3 pm tomorrow We are meeting in a nice, public cafe very close to my bus stop for easy escape. If anyone is interested I will update with outcome.

Thank all of you for helping. I felt like I was nutters for a bit to even feel a reservation about meeting her, because all the input I had with folks here made it seem like all of this was natural. Maybe it is for Turks, but for me a letter from an ex's mom on my door was a bit odd.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:23 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,330,013 times
I think it is a bit odd that she put the note on your door. I'd be curious to know what she wants. No harm in meeting with her. Let us know how it goes.

I'm still good friends with my ex-fiance's Mom. We've been in touch every week for over three years now.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,815,886 times
please tell us how it goes . . . I'd think the worst would be trying to hang some guilt trip on you for her perceived (or real) son's unhappiness. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships