Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 04:25 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
From personal experience as the one who walked the high road after my husband left me for someone else I can fully understand this guy's motivations. I don't even want to detail the revenge fantasies that went through my mind....everything you can imagine and a few more! In the end, I let him go quietly and in as friendly a manner as possible. Not because I am a wonderful person or anything, but because after the initial high of revenge, I'd have to look myself in the mirror and be the person who did whatever. Definitely not worth it to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
However this approach has its own drawbacks, such as him wanting to get back together with me and be a part of my life. Sometimes I think it might have been a bit better to add a little botulotoxin to his salad to assist in the clean break

I kid. As hard as it was I'm glad I did it this way. In the end, revenge would have made an ugly situation uglier, and god knows that benefits no one
I couldn't agree more. I feel so much better for taking the high road with my ex-fiance. However, the fantasies of setting his car on fire sure were fun I found out that his marriage (to the woman he left me for) fell apart after a while. I guess it serves him right. I have no idea if he regrets what he did to me or not, but if I'd set his stuff on fire, I'm sure he wouldn't. I like to think that he does regret it a bit, since his life turned out so crappy (he also lost his chance at a promotion right after he left me). Karma's a bi***.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 04:45 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
It's women like her that ruin a good man, then every woman afterwards is going to have to pay the price for her behavior. He will be jaded, untrusting and likely turn into a class A d-o-g!
I've never known a good man who would allow himself to become this person.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:47 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've never known a good man who would allow himself to become this person.
Great point. "Good people" are unable to be influenced by any sort of hurt or tragedy.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Great point. "Good people" are unable to be influenced by any sort of hurt or tragedy.
I didn't say that they weren't influenced. My point is that a truly good person would not resort to becoming a total ass, as the previous poster suggested. If one has the proclivity to be nasty, a misogynist, a misanthropist, they weren't all that great to begin with.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:58 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I didn't say that they weren't influenced. My point is that a truly good person would not resort to becoming a total ass, as the previous poster suggested. If one has the proclivity to be nasty, a misogynist, a misanthropist, they weren't all that great to begin with.
What if they were a Itrytousetomanybigwords-ist?

For the record, I would have bought a billboard and I would expect the same treatment in return.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:

For the record, I would have bought a billboard and I would expect the same treatment in return.
I don't TRY to use too many big words. I use them.

Be the billboard guy. Go, Papi.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:49 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,378,669 times
Quote:
It's women like her that ruin a good man, then every woman afterwards is going to have to pay the price for her behavior. He will be jaded, untrusting and likely turn into a class A d-o-g!
He is already a d-o-g.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:54 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:

See, that's the problem with too many people today - NO CLASS, NO DIGNITY

Old 02-23-2010, 10:22 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I know somebody like this.

A man who is almost 40.

In his very early 20s, this guy had a girl he was crazy about. He loved her. AND?.... she cheated on him. But he wanted to give her a chance, and when she asked for forgiveness, he forgave her... only for her to cheat again and then to dump him.

Afterwards he became a callous man who has used many women for sex. He's bragged about his sexual conquests, about he even seduced former employees in his business, etc.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,940 times
On the issue of revenge and how you feel after you've had it...

A woman I know once exacted revenge on an ex. She refused to tell me what he had done which had driven her to that extreme, and she wouldn't tell me what the revenge act was.

She did, however, tell me that she was right in front of him when the revenge happened, and she looked at him with a look of "HA!"

But, she said she didn't feel the satisfaction she had hoped for... the moment she saw his facial reaction, when she saw his emotions showing through when he understood that she was getting back at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships