Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I would care. If I was with someone for 5 years, who I planned to marry and claimed to love, really-truly love, I would care. I would want for this person to be better. I would feel initial hurt, but after awhile, I would want happiness for this man...hence, he would need to feel remorseful after what he did.
Ultimately, it's also about myself. I do care about what kind of person I AM. I don't want to see myself as a low-life who gloated about someone else's humiliation.
It's funny, how conditional we perceive love to be. If you love someone, you don't automatically stop loving him after you find out he did you wrong.
Well, MM you are a better person than me. I am big enough to admit that because NEVER have I wanted happiness for the man I caught cheating on me....in my house...in my bed.

It's good there are people in the world like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
It's funny, how conditional we perceive love to be. If you love someone, you don't automatically stop loving him after you find out he did you wrong.
Truest thing you've said in the entire thread. Love IS conditional. It only exists when both partners respect it.

She straight up took 5 years of so called "love", and let another man blow his load all over it.

Yeah, I'm sure going to stick around to make sure he learned a lesson and betters himself. **** that, I'm worrying about myself and only myself.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Well, MM you are a better person than me. I am big enough to admit that because NEVER have I wanted happiness for the man I caught cheating on me....in my house...in my bed.

It's good there are people in the world like you.

Simply because, sometimes during my lifetime, one amazing man was gracious enough to forgive me all the terrible things I have done to him, teach me some valuable lessons of remorse and guilt and for that he is a better person and so am I.
And I will never ever repeat any of the mistakes I have made, because of how horrific it made me feel.
We are just looking at it from 2 different perspectives hun.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
You just made so many contradictions in your reply to me, that I don't even know where to start.
yes, i felt this way about your post as well.

to recap:

A) you feel that having class is important.

B) you ask: And why not for cheater to feel remorse and guilt?

C) i respond: because this attitude of "wishing remose and guilt" lacks class.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
I said I don't care if they feel remorse or guilt. Why? What's the point? I'm not going back to them. Would I want them to suffer some degree of humuliation? Yes. Totally different.
We're talking about a situation in which a guy found out that his girlfriend was cheating on him and then concocted an elaborate scenario in which she would be publicly humiliated and he could inflict as much pain on her as possible. That is what I was referring to. This is not making a scene in a restaurant out of shock and anger, moments after learning the truth. This is malice, one of the more distasteful motivations in the human race. As I said in my first post on the subject, the guy is a spiteful douchebag.

Quote:
I don't know why some people aren't getting that HE was humiliated too. How do you think he felt when is own friends told him they say his fiance making out with some other guy? Overjoyed...I think not. I mean, this girl looked him in his face, laid in their bed and made love to him....all the while cheating with this other guy. EVEN when she knew he had gotten to the point of proposing to her! That's unforgivable in my book and he had every right to do what he did....she did it to him...just in a different manner. Does it make either one of them morally right...NO. But don't bash one and offer sympathy to the other....it's not fair.
My sympathy to both of them goes as far as how they were wronged. She wronged him, and he has my sympathy for that. He wronged her, and she has my sympathy for that. Both of them display a level of callousness and deception that I find abhorrent in people. I wouldn't be friends with either one of them. They both revolt me.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Truest thing you've said in the entire thread. Love IS conditional. It only exists when both partners respect it.

She straight up took 5 years of so called "love", and let another man blow his load all over it.

Yeah, I'm sure going to stick around to make sure he learned a lesson and betters himself. **** that, I'm worrying about myself and only myself.
You are still very young, you may change your mind with life experiences.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yes, i felt this way about your post as well.

to recap:

A) you feel that having class is important.

B) you ask: And why not for cheater to feel remorse and guilt?

C) i respond, because this attitude lacks class.
Well, you feel that this attitude lacks class, I feel that this is the only way to teach someone a lesson. To each its own.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
We're talking about a situation in which a guy found out that his girlfriend was cheating on him and then concocted an elaborate scenario in which she would be publicly humiliated and he could inflict as much pain on her as possible. That is what I was referring to. This is not making a scene in a restaurant out of shock and anger, moments after learning the truth. This is malice, one of the more distasteful motivations in the human race. As I said in my first post on the subject, the guy is a spiteful douchebag.

She was malicious too. Don't think for one minute that everytime she looked him in his eyes, kissed him, made love to him and went about their relationship like she loved him that she wasn't just as cold, calculating and devious. She was a puppetmaster at best...playing her fiance' all the while doing this other guy knowing he was about to propose to her and playing this other guy off as a "friend"...yeah, ok.

Like I said, they were both wrong but I don't see how her humiliation is any worse than his. After all, he bought a ring, loved her, trusted her only to find out she was doing her so-called "friend" out around town. We will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

My sympathy to both of them goes as far as how they were wronged. She wronged him, and he has my sympathy for that. He wronged her, and she has my sympathy for that. Both of them display a level of callousness and deception that I find abhorrent in people. I wouldn't be friends with either one of them. They both revolt me.
This we both agree on.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:17 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
You are still very young, you may change your mind with life experiences.
Perhaps, but I can tell you that I've been through a lot for someone my age. You name a bad decision, and I've made it. Unfortunately, that is the only way I learn.

I stand by my comment and I will never ever put myself in the drivers seat of someone else's morals. Mine are wayy too flawed as it is.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Perhaps, but I can tell you that I've been through a lot for someone my age. You name a bad decision, and I've made it. Unfortunately, that is the only way I learn.

I stand by my comment and I will never ever put myself in the drivers seat of someone else's morals. Mine are wayy too flawed as it is.
Perfect. That would have been an opportunity to improve yourself. Too bad you wouldn't use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships