Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 PM

2,316 posts, read 2,546,816 times

Advertisements

That guy doesn't know a thing about real love. I'd say she dodged a big bullet...no matter what the circumstance, this sort of ambush revenge is tasteless and juvenile...disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM

49 posts, read 111,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
AGAIN, I am condemning him for his ACTIONS, not his feelings. Having emotions is not what he DID. Being human is not what he DID.
Oh... What about her?

Quote:
How stupid is this? Why would I wish her ill, even if she did cheat, even if she was wrong?
Uhm. I can kind of see something there.

Goodnight!

[Edited] : The whole Quote :

Quote:
"How stupid is this? Why would I wish her ill, even if she did cheat, even if she was wrong? Are you wishing her a lifetime of misery? Didn't he already make her pay dearly for what she did?"

And the fact that he got hurt because she was cheating, didn't she already make him pay dearly? Why do you condemn him then?

As someone said in a post above (Lune?) . Either condemn/Critizise them both, or none. Because this Bias towards that woman is seriously silly. You should be able to see that yourself.

I AM NOT SAYING WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT! What he did was wrong! But seriously the double standard here is so heavy that you could kick a fotball and it would go five meter before hitting the air and falling down.

Last edited by Friday night; 02-21-2010 at 08:49 PM..

Old 02-21-2010, 08:39 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,499,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night View Post
I have to answer this one part, as it should be information that is correct. Lacking control of your emotions (At times!) is human, and healthy. By not expressing your emotions, and keeping them under wrap and control you can suffer health issues like Night Terror. We need to be able to express anger, and we need to be able to express our emotions. It is unhealthy to not do so.
LOL.....you're funny. Lacking control of your emotions is not the same as not expressing them. Try again.

Quote:
When you're angry there is a bodily function that will happen, and you will release certain hormones. That is what makes it a primary emotion, and that is what ranks it in the category of pain, and such. It might be a bi-effect of pain, but the emotion anger is still ranked on the same page.
Do your research, real research, don't just booble it and quote the first thing you see that might back your assertions.

Quote:
Back to the control part. It's not healthy to have no control over your emotions, but it is healthy to have a release.
But you said above:

Quote:
Lacking control of your emotions (At times!) is human, and healthy.

And having a release was never in dispute. Again, make up your mind.

Quote:
And you can ask any psychologist you want, and they will tell you that it was healthy for him to get out his anger, he might have done it in a wrong way but he should have let all that anger out.
Again, that is not what we are discussing. We are discussing, for the umpteenth time, what he DID, not whether or not he should let his anger out somehow. Try again.

Quote:
"Modern psychologists view anger as a primary, natural, and mature emotion experienced by all humans at times, and as something that has functional value for survival."

Again, never in dispute.

Quote:
Please do not call me misguided, if you're information is wrong.
Misguided.

Quote:
Have a nice evening.
You too.

Quote:
[Edited] : I worded the lack of emotion wrong, on my earlier post and i apologize for that. My point was ment to be that we need to release our emotions, and not bottle them up inside. So having lack of control on your emotions is at times very healthy, and a natural thing instead of bottling it up. I apologize again for wording that wrong.
*sigh*

Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,642,879 times
Quote:

As someone said in a post above (Lune?) . Either condemn/Critizise them both, or none. Because this Bias towards that woman is seriously silly. You should be able to see that yourself.
Yes, I said it Yes, the man's action was extreme, but to criticize him only is to justify that what the woman did was all right--a free pass. Either criticize her just as severely or don't say anything at all. And a "oh, she was wrong for cheating", won't just cut it either.

Shooting down only one or the other is just staining one's post with biased opinion when both parties were equally wrong.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
You don't know if he was always vengeful or not. You are not him. So please don't make assumptions that because he did this to his ex, he was "always" vengeful. He could've acted on his anger.
You don't know that he wasn't always vengeful. Regardless, READ what I wrote. Or not, your choice.

Quote:
And the chick was not a lady, so she doesn't deserve a quality man either. Tit for tat. Both were wrong, yet you are painting him as a scumbag while the lady gets off scott-free.
What am I, the morality sherriff who allowed her to get off scott-free? LMAO!!

Quote:
Yes, this is about gender because you are making it out to be. Because you think the man was a d-bag for pulling this while not addressing the woman as well.
Because you say so, and you have great reading skills, right? You must have missed this, conveniently.

Quote:
For those of you who have to make this about gender, male or female, it is unacceptable, period. Yes, she cheated, and it sucks. Be a man, a gentleman, learn from it and move on.
Quote:
Because apparently all men who do this to cheating ex's are horrible.
Is that what I said?

Quote:
And the woman did nothing to deserve this
No. Get over it.

Quote:
Yes, the man's revenge was extreme, but if you are going to criticize, criticize both or none.
You can't make me.

Quote:
And you don't know me or my standards as well, so stuff it, sister
Show me where I claimed to know your standards. I dare ya.

Quote:
You assumed that she was the victim. She was not. The best thing for you to have said, regarding that particular statement, was to not have said anything.
LOL. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't have a say in what I say or don't say.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,339,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family_Guy27 View Post
Of course he didn't love her. He only spent five years with her, spent money on an engagement ring, and was going to propose.
That doesn't mean much in this day and age. People get married and divorced all the time and many realize later that it wasn't really love.

I still hold to my opinion that the guy was and is a loser. We don't know much about their relationship, but I can tell that he is a conniving and revengeful person. He never really loved this woman, otherwise he would have just let her go and that's it. Men in general are hurt by cheating not only because it's a betrayal, but because of their PRIDE. His pride was so hurt that he felt the need to humiliate someone that badly.

I agree with lovesMountains, the chic totally dodged the bullet here.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:54 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,339,636 times
Of course it's easy to say "what if", but if I learned that my husband cheated on me, I would have never EVER EVER done something like that to him...just for those who are wondering.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Yes, I said it Yes, the man's action was extreme, but to criticize him only is to justify that what the woman did was all right--a free pass. Either criticize her just as severely or don't say anything at all. And a "oh, she was wrong for cheating", won't just cut it either.
It won't cut it for the two of you. That is something to aspire to. LOL.

I think I'm gonna go cheat on my boyfriend and blame it on you both.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Old 02-21-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Oh... What about her?

Uhm. I can kind of see something there.

Goodnight!

[Edited] : The whole Quote :

And the fact that he got hurt because she was cheating, didn't she already make him pay dearly? Why do you condemn him then?

I AM NOT SAYING WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT! What he did was wrong! But seriously the double standard here is so heavy that you could kick a fotball and it would go five meter before hitting the air and falling down.
Is this another last post? Really, "box of rocks" comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships