Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,102,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Will you please share, specifically, how Brenda is guilty in this situation?

I'm sure some have. Maturity isn't dependent on sex. These men were childish. There is no reason to blame the person they were lashing out at regardless of gender.

I'm not saying Ms.Brenda is wrong because she's not. Those guys couldn't handle being rejected by her so they call her out of her name. That's usual man-behavior by some men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,139,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I'm not saying Ms.Brenda is wrong because she's not. Those guys couldn't handle being rejected by her so they call her out of her name. That's usual man-behavior by some men.
I guess I'm not understanding your previous post, then. Any way, "some" being the operative word. Fortunately, they seem to be in the minority.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,511,932 times
I've never understood these kinds of men's reactions to rejection, either. Hello, they were approaching a woman who doesn't even know them! What reaction do they really expect? That reminds me of construction workers who hoot and whistle at any hot woman walking by. In what universe has this ever worked? Has any woman ever suddenly gone running over to those guys, panting breathlessly, "Take me now!"??

Last edited by SandyCo; 02-22-2010 at 09:50 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 09:47 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,421,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night View Post
Hurt pride or bruised Ego.
And/or extreme immaturity. Whenever I am turned down, I always respond with something to the effect of, "Your husband/boyfriend is a lucky man..."

So much easier to be nice.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:59 AM

146 posts, read 370,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
What's the legal driving age in Sydney? I ask because it sounds like a couple of 2nd graders stole their parents' car and went for a joy ride.
16 to get your learners permit, then 17 to get a (restricted) license for about 4 years then you can get your full license. By the way, they looked about 28-32 years old..

Old 02-23-2010, 02:08 AM

146 posts, read 370,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Here I thought that this might be a thoughtful post about how many average but decent and hard working guys deal with the predictable rejection they usually receive. It might have given a new perspective to the post where older men no longer approach women.

Instead you discuss a game many juvenile males play when they get their first set of wheels. Get over it ladies. This was all pre planned. They were eagerly looking for your rejection and expected it. They have their response rehearsed. This "game" has been going on for decades.
No, im not going to get over it, actually, its verbal abuse and i didnt say anything bitchy to them for them to react that way.

Great game! But sorry i don't know the rules. Maybe you shouldn't expect me to get over something i don't completely understand?

The only traits these particular men were able to show me in the 1 minute they were in my presence was immaturity, lack of effective communication skills, verbal abuse and patronizing remarks just to name a few. I don't think my actions deserve harsh name calling compared to their actions, And i don't think these everyday actions should be ignored by a "get over it" comment.

If men knew how to communicate with women they would have so much success.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:12 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
this was not about bad attitude. they were up to no good and your instincts were good.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,150,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?
Sorry to break your ego, but they weren't seriously making an attempt to meet you and get to know you.

They were just trying to flirt or get a rise out of you. It's not like the guy asked you to dinner and when you ignored him he called you a ****. He yelled at you from a CAR ON THE ROAD. That's just childish mischief and them being immature and stupid. I guarantee you they didn't leave sleep over you ignoring them, and I'm sure the next 5 girls they did it to ignored them as well.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 AM

5 posts, read 21,372 times
Default Agressive Men

Where do Men get off with pulling a Womans arm when he wants to talk to her (in a club or bar)

Old 02-23-2010, 08:38 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,310,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?

They were stupid BOYS (they don't deserve to be called men) and couldn't handle you ignoring them. So what do they do? Resort to name-calling because it's a defense mechanism for their immature, bruised ego.

Don't worry about it. Everyone encounters an a**hole every now and then...it was just your turn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships