Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:48 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
If I did that, you wouldn't do nothing
Yeah...ok, try it and see what happens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 PM

146 posts, read 371,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Sorry to break your ego, but they weren't seriously making an attempt to meet you and get to know you.
You didn't break my ego and neither did they, i never wanted them to interfere in my world.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
I've heard this a lot and never seen even the slightest evidence that it is true.

However what men mean by communication and what women mean are two completely different things.

To women, communication is listening to them and agreeing with everything they say.

Men want give and take based on logic, not emotions and a position of power in the realtionship.

This is why the men who are successful with women have the attributes (looks, money and "confidence") that gives them the power.

All other men are at a considerable disadvantage and few are now willing to sell their future away for a life like this.
You have never seen the evidence because you may choose not to communicate to women on an appropriate level so your eyes fail to realize the clear evidence that your ignoring.

I agree with how you think men think, but your opinion on women you are wrong about women wanting everyone to agree with them. Most women i know care deeply for their man and want their opinion on matters in their lives.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:48 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,616 times
First off, I think most men can vouch for the fact that women can get pretty irate when rejected as well. Just saying it isn't just men.

Regarding your original question, I've always found the way a man handles rejection to be pretty telling. If I break up with someone and their first reaction is to attack my character, then it just shows me that I was right to move on.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,090 times
a girl likes me because she looks me in ma class alot n i 2 was seeing her,,, one day i go to her and ask help ...another day she started talking to me but when i started impressing her alot.... she shows atitude alot n reject to give her number ...also i didnt c her now in ma class when she is siting..but still she c me .m upset she likes bt still she dont give her number... atiude is still dere ...plllllllsssssssss i love her alot

Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?
IMO, fire back at them!!! Ask them to pick a finger!!! You know which one?LMAO...........

Old 03-15-2010, 09:14 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988
If men knew how to communicate with women they would have so much success.

I heard this from a woman recently. All the guys within earshot had a good chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
I've heard this a lot and never seen even the slightest evidence that it is true.

However what men mean by communication and what women mean are two completely different things.

To women, communication is listening to them and agreeing with everything they say.

Men want give and take based on logic, not emotions and a position of power in the relationship.

This is why the men who are successful with women have the attributes (looks, money and "confidence") that gives them the power.

All other men are at a considerable disadvantage and few are now willing to sell their future away for a life like this.

This is an excellent response. A guy can be a great communicator and only gets to use it with married women. A lousy communicator can have no problem getting a string of women on his arm. Should he marry one, she then looks for good communicators to unload on. Married women always note that about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
This thread is so relevant to me today...
I'm currently a respiratory care student and I was at a clinical site today. This male nurse (granted he was pretty cute and yes there are heterosexual male nurses before anyone makes a comment) starts making very "I think you're hot" vibes towards me....I remained pretty talkative which was my mistake honestly.
I think the reason why I wasn't aloof was because he was cute,...
Thanks for your honesty. I have no problem with single women only being willing to talk with good-looking men. That’s their choice. However, I get really upset when they say that:

1) Being a good communicator is a great way for most men to meet women.

2) As men get older, they will no longer approach them. (Learning from experience is not a trait that women appreciate in a man!)

Last edited by NotARedneck; 03-15-2010 at 09:27 AM..

Old 03-15-2010, 09:46 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didn't like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasn't in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isn't the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didn't want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didn't get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls don't want to talk to them?
The more I think of this, the more I think this may be more a symptom of a malaise that affects Australian men. For years, I've heard stories about how Australian women appreciate North American men. I always thought that it was just the foreign article, was more exotic.

I now think that the reason might be there is a lot more of this adolescent behavior among older men. Here, it was rare and mainly among teens of the lower strata of society. Of course, this didn't mean that having a set of wheels didn't get them into a "relationship" of sorts. However, intelligent women just avoid this type and realize that this was a game played by low class men.

Sorry if that is all you have! However, this has nothing to do with relationships, communication, rejection or any other related issues here.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988
If men knew how to communicate with women they would have so much success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I heard this from a woman recently. All the guys within earshot had a good chuckle.
And women complain that men on this site are generalizing about them!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The more I think of this, the more I think this may be more a symptom of a malaise that affects Australian men. For years, I've heard stories about how Australian women appreciate North American men. I always thought that it was just the foreign article, was more exotic.

I now think that the reason might be there is a lot more of this adolescent behavior among older men. Here, it was rare and mainly among teens of the lower strata of society. Of course, this didn't mean that having a set of wheels didn't get them into a "relationship" of sorts. However, intelligent women just avoid this type and realize that this was a game played by low class men.

Sorry if that is all you have! However, this has nothing to do with relationships, communication, rejection or any other related issues here.
I agree with you. Especially about the the lust aussie women have for american men ;]. hehe.

I sure hope its not ALL we have, otherwise im moving the U.S!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships