Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan19 View Post
In love once - never again.
Why? (if I may ask, that is)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 07:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Default Don't Feel Like You are Unusual

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have never had a girlfriend, never been on a date and never had sex. I have had female friends who were nice, but nothing more. I am always the "good friend" and never the "boyfriend".

This is because I am short, not good looking, and also the most boring person on the planet. Women just don't like me "that way". What can you do?
Many have posted that they've never found love and this hardly surprises me.

About 70% of men are basically unlovable by most women. Granted, you might find someone who is so far from having it together, that she would want to latch on to you. If you reciprocate or don't drive her off, she'll profess love but it is likely just something akin to the relief that she's found somebody/anybody.

Another 20% of men can find love if they are willing to settle in a big way. The real question for such men is: are they able to return the love? Few are. If they instead hold out for somebody who comes closer to meeting their dreams, they often wait for years to match up with a woman who is past her years of being able to attract the men she desires. Such women will, at best tolerate such men and often resent having to settle. A lot of these relationships are quite sad.

Love is mainly the domain of the 10% of men who attract younger women. They are usually instantly loved by them and in return, they also express love - for themselves. This doesn't matter because these women are willing to forgive them every transgression. Only when they have moved on to new opportunities, will these women come to their senses. Even then, they still love these men more than any average man who might then come along to give them more attention and support. This is the main reason that men have become so reluctant to marry women with children.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
They are usually instantly loved by them and in return, they also express love - for themselves.
OK, you normally irritate me, but I'll give you this one! It's funny and true!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, you normally irritate me, but I'll give you this one! It's funny and true!
Happy to oblige.

There are guys who regularly thank me for my comments here but usually on other sites. I write for them since they desperately need another point of view. The MSM is so one sided.

They also have a sense of humor and are able to handle the frank expression of views that an anonymous site allows. No threads are started about anti men comments, although there is a better argument that these predominate here than the supposed anti woman comments.

Misandry is common whenever women discuss men's alleged shortcomings. I find that "nice guy" comments are particularly offensive and very inaccurate. I suppose that women know that these are the guys they won't find physically attractive, so the gloves come off.

Somehow, we don't understand women but they understand us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships