Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 AM

275 posts, read 687,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Right on, Chow.

I just turned 30 and I won't date a 21 year old. Women under 25 are just kids in my opinion (and it's not humble, lol).
You make wrong observations, basically women do not mature by age only but maturity comes with mental development, my girlfriend is 7 years 1 month 29 days my junior but she is even more matured than most girls older than her .

Our age gap does not matter, it really is down to individuals, love affection, compatibility and incompatibilities that makes the relationship even more interesting than those with a smaller age gap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
It depends on the man but I for one have always been far more attracted to older men , all my life and gold-digging was never the motive. When I was 16 I always found the 25+ the most attractive and even now in my 40s the 50+ men tend to be the sexiest by far.

I like men who are mature, educated and have a modicum of conversation, men who have manners, poise and experience of life generally. They are more interesting, more exciting and more fun. Not all men mature beautifully but many do and when they do they become very attractive indeed. They know how to treat a woman, and are generally better rounded individuals.

I will never understand cougars. The idea of dating a 20 year old bores me to tears. I married someone just slightly older than me but any men I actually notice tends to be older than I am by a few years. If I look at Hollywood stars for example it's never the younger men who register with me but the older ones. The Gabriel Byrnes of this world . People like George Clooney only became attractive to me about 3 or 4 years ago when he grew into his physique a bit !

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 02-22-2010 at 05:40 AM..

Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night View Post
That is 28 years we're talking about. I date older myself, but that is a huge gap even for me. If we're talking about 21 / 38 or such it would most probably come down to what you wrote, but 21/49 is a very very big gap right there.
That's what he said.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Well, I just had a guy tell me last night that when he saw me at my SuperBowl party he thought I was one of the 20 year olds.

So there!

Oh...I'm 41

Old 02-22-2010, 04:34 PM

796 posts, read 1,843,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Hmmm, 49 years old...

David Duchovny?

Antonio Banderas?

Colin Firth?

Those are three reasons a 21-year-old woman might be attracted to a 49-year-old man.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:48 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
Default well

listen i'm only human i'm 47 and am attracted to a 25 year old girl at my job

but it's only an attraction

knowing full well i ain't got the looks, money, and that i am loaded with faults and shortcomings, i cringe with embarrassment to even think what this young girl might even think of me and this alone stops me right in my tracks to even think about it any further

Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
I don't know. Younger women can be attracted to older guys. For the last 5 years or so I've had women 13 years younger than myself that were attracted to me. Recently, some much younger which I'm kind of ashamed to admit. I'm not rich my any measure nor am I ugly. I think that younger women in today's society are more apt to date a man that is much older.

Having said, being that I'm 33 and having dealt with women in their mid to late 20s, I wont date them unless they're 30 or above. From my experience, the emotional maturity level hasn't quite developed whether they're 24 or 29. And yes, there are exceptions to the rule but in general they're not ready at that age.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:58 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I don't know. Younger women can be attracted to older guys. For the last 5 years or so I've had women 13 years younger than myself that were attracted to me. Recently, some much younger which I'm kind of ashamed to admit. I'm not rich my any measure nor am I ugly. I think that younger women in today's society are more apt to date a man that is much older.

Having said, being that I'm 33 and having dealt with women in their mid to late 20s, I wont date them unless they're 30 or above. From my experience, the emotional maturity level hasn't quite developed whether they're 24 or 29. And yes, there are exceptions to the rule but in general they're not ready at that age.
I have always dated older men at least by five to ten years. I just do not like young guys. They are not experienced in life and other parts of life! I guess I am not a Couger at age 46. I like em old and wise!

Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
I am astonished that some people consider a 49 year old man to virtually have one foot in the grave... 49 is nothing. Paul Newman was still a hottie when he died age 83. Plenty of men are gorgeous way into their late years. Sexy is sexy. Age is just a number.

Most young men I know would not hold a candle to the average 49 year old. Not by a long way. Unless the young man in question is super mature, super educated and super interesting I really would have little interest in him ( if I was single). Life experiences shape a person, and so does travel, knowledge, and a myriad of other factors. And I actually like men whose faces are a little weathered, a few lines add character and are a testament to someone's life. A physique does not need to be perfectly honed, and completely smooth to be dead sexy.

Given a choice between Gabriel Byrne or Zac Efron, no question about it, Gabriel would win every single time, wrinkles and love handles included ... I like men. Boys do not appeal in the slightest.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
There are several schools of thought on this. To me, it's all about where you've been and your life experiences. I've known 21 year olds who have lived, learned, and embraced life with the maturity of a 40 year old, while I've known 40 year olds who are emotionally and mentally anorexic. They haven't developed or grown much since high school and couldn't be trusted as far as you can throw them. You have to take each individual's personality into consideration. I see teens and guys in their early 20's who sit around on their lazy ass playing video games on the couch all day, while I know 50 year olds who hike, climb mountains, ski, mountain bike, kayak etc. on a regular basis.

There is no one size fits all method to age and dating. If you are attracted to someone and like their personality then have at it, why kill it with all the preconceived notion? While a 25 year old may not have the same perspective in regard to life experiences as someone who is 45, that doesn't mean they can't enjoy the same things together...movies, galleries, museums, outdoor activities, dancing, traveling etc. I wouldn't rule out a relationship with someone merely because of a twenty year age difference if that person and I were compatible and most every other aspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships