Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 03:25 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Or micromanlets. That's what, 1/1000th of a man?
This has already been resolved by the renowned alchemist Zosimos of Panopolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,590,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, she came up to me, talking to me, and I told her to go to hell, called her fat (which she wasn't, but women hate to hear that), and I think she went to the ladie's room to cry...and I am still find it funny.

BUT, I never said I was rebuffed by women! I just said that it was a preemptive paypack against any future possible rejection, and that I was simply defending myself. That woman was up to no good.

I do not talk to women, and I would like women to not talk to me either. Simple as that.
So in essence, you are no better than the women that turned you down. Even though you want women to think, what they think of you does not matter; it actually does.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:41 PM

155 posts, read 222,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, she came up to me, talking to me, and I told her to go to hell, called her fat (which she wasn't, but women hate to hear that), and I think she went to the ladie's room to cry...and I am still find it funny.

BUT, I never said I was rebuffed by women! I just said that it was a preemptive paypack against any future possible rejection, and that I was simply defending myself. That woman was up to no good.

I do not talk to women, and I would like women to not talk to me either. Simple as that.
You do not like women, and it sounds like you don't like yourself very much either. I don't go around insulting men, not even men I am not interested in. Who does? Please, don't talk to women. Save us from any of your hate. From what I read here I don't think you have to worry about too many women talking to you either.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This has already been resolved by the renowned alchemist Zosimos of Panopolis.
Help me out on this one. I know what alchemy is but don't get the allusion.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Help me out on this one. I know what alchemy is but don't get the allusion.
We have had little men for quite some time. Though manlet is more reminiscent of the word manikin.

He was the first alchemist to speak of a homunculus like creature. I ran into the concept from Goethe's Faust.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
I dunno why I am hysterically laughing whenever I see this thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
We have had little men for quite some time. Though manlet is more reminiscent of the word manikin.

He was the first alchemist to speak of a homunculus like creature. I ran into the concept from Goethe's Faust.
That's interesting. I knew of homunculi but not in the alchemist sense. Wikipedia says:
Zosimos mentions encountering a man who impales himself with a sword, and then undergoes "unendurable torment", his eyes become blood, he spews forth his flesh, and changes into "the opposite of himself, into a mutilated anthroparion [a Greek alchemical concept of a being somewhat similar to a golem but possessing a sense of will and intelligence], and he tore his flesh with his own teeth, and sank into himself", which is a rather grotesque personification of the ouroboros . . .
The ouroboros imagery is apt for the zombie feminist thread, as it is continually reborn and perpetuates itself. Women are greedy --> objection --> objection overruled, women are liars --> objection --> objection overruled, women are illogical.

Some of the posters themselves fit the image of the self-destructive anthroparion, too. Clever, gwynned.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:55 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,879,220 times
Dude .. my request dont give-in to your insecurities .. i'll say it loud and i always will .. no fkn body is perfect in every way ..its a freeway or the highway ! ..erm whatever ..just hold on to your principles and never say never again .. ouch ! .. u need ta chill doooooooode !

Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,879,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
So in essence, you are no better than the women that turned you down. Even though you want women to think, what they think of you does not matter; it actually does.
Yes. Disinterest is the greatest power. If the OP was truly disinterested in women and in what they thought and did in their actions, he wouldn't have posted this thread to begin with.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. I knew of homunculi but not in the alchemist sense. Wikipedia says:
Zosimos mentions encountering a man who impales himself with a sword, and then undergoes "unendurable torment", his eyes become blood, he spews forth his flesh, and changes into "the opposite of himself, into a mutilated anthroparion [a Greek alchemical concept of a being somewhat similar to a golem but possessing a sense of will and intelligence], and he tore his flesh with his own teeth, and sank into himself", which is a rather grotesque personification of the ouroboros . . .
The ouroboros imagery is apt for the zombie feminist thread, as it is continually reborn and perpetuates itself. Women are greedy --> objection --> objection overruled, women are liars --> objection --> objection overruled, women are illogical.

Some of the posters themselves fit the image of the self-destructive anthroparion, too. Clever, gwynned.

Hi JustJulia,

Actually I think you may have found the symbol worthy of that movement which is to hate the other sex. "A grotesque personification of the ouroboros" to me describes self contempt. To whom do we owe our existence but to men and women who did not hate each other. If men and women did not put a constant pressure on the other, I wonder what strange unsurvivable little wretches we would be? Manlets?

I think some self pleasuring imagery also works...Yanking alone in the corner...self fertilization...
Ouroboros that he slays himself and brings himself to life, fertilizes himself and gives birth to himself.

touche` JJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships