Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would it turn you off if you saw a woman you were attracted to have an anxiety attack?
Yes, a woman needs to be confident all the time. 4 12.90%
No, I completely understand that it was a tough situation to deal with. 21 67.74%
I would be more hesitant to like her. So it's a neutral answer. 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:39 PM

324 posts, read 572,738 times

Advertisements

A situation such as this to set on a panic attack:
I had a panic attack in the front of the WHOLE ENTIRE class and I was completely embarrassed. I was literally shaking in my boots to the point where I had to continuously alternate my standing position. I was soaked with sweat, my voice was shaking, my hands were shaking to the point where I could hardly grasp my piece of paper, I feel so weak as a person. I made it through my speech but I ended up not making it through the whole class period and had to leave. I'm pretty confident, just not in front of the class when I'm giving a speech. What really sucked is that some people were laughing at me.

On the poll, do not vote a certain way out of sympathy for this specific instance. Vote the way you would truly think.

Last edited by Bennie Flowers; 02-22-2010 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:46 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie Flowers View Post

There is a few guys in my class who check me out because they think I'm confident and usually I dress pretty nice. I had a panic attack in the front of the WHOLE ENTIRE class today and I am completely embarrassed. I was literally shaking in my boots to the point where I had to continuously alternate my standing position. I was soaked with sweat, my voice was shaking, my hands were shaking to the point where I could hardly grasp my piece of paper, I feel so weak as a person. I'm pretty confident, just not in front of the class when I'm giving a speech. Other than that, I usually don't suffer from panic attacks. What really sucked is that some people were laughing at me.
Not even a big deal.... Although, if I was in your class I'd no doubt stand up and plant my dr. martens between the legs of the people laughing at you. I'm a student myself, and laughing at a speaker is so freaking unprofessional and immature. Getting up and speaking in front of a group is not an easy thing to do.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
its a genderless game, lack of confidence and fearfulness is skunk juice for the opposite sex. unfortunately nature has its flaws. we run from skunk juice but run towards, good looking sociopaths and confident failures.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its a genderless game, lack of confidence and fearfulness is skunk juice for the opposite sex. unfortunately nature has its flaws. we run from skunk juice but run towards, good looking sociopaths and confident failures.

So, Huckleberry, what are you truly saying? You are contradicting yourself. Would you be turned off completely or what? Can you be more specific please.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:21 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,549 times
That was really awful but there are mature guys who understand that people aren't perfect. Everyone of those people laughing has something they are afraid of and they are cowards for trying to pretend they don't know how that feels. They're fake and can't admit they have fears too.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,549 times
Quote:
So true, especially when we're young.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 PM

409 posts, read 2,634,240 times
Don't be so hard on yourself. This could happen to anyone. If you want to get stronger just confront it and practice more public speaking. It will be hard at first but you will eventually get over it. That's what speeches in class are for. It is a learning experience.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
per frame #5
so bennie flowers oh one of the ocean meets with the naked land, what are you really saying i mean really truly in the cosmic sense meaning? please stop contradicting yourself???? enlighten us please.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
per frame #5
so bennie flowers oh one of the ocean meets with the naked land, what are you really saying i mean really truly in the cosmic sense meaning? please stop contradicting yourself???? enlighten us please.

Wow. You really need to lighten up. I didn't mean to offend you..You are mean. Oh and with your question, I mean that I'm a simple person. I try not to make anything complicated. Just imagine an ocean meeting up with land with no water, a calm beach for instance. I come from a place that is serene.

Unfortunately, at times I go out of my homeland and into other complicated places where I feel lost and overwhelmed. Hence, me panicking because of the unknown.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
I would give her some dave nz lovin and she would no longer suffer from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships