Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:09 PM

20,629 posts, read 19,289,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Biology and evolution also say that in many, many species the males mate with multiple females.

So why do women get bent out of shape when I do that? You'd think they'd just fall back on their evolutionary instincts...

Hi SifuPhil,

Because you need to be a top male in polygamy. Its all or none. Brad Pitt could do that if he wanted, and if we were polygamous in general, the gals would not have it any other way. Male lions either have no sex or short careers with lots of it until they get disemboweled by the next black maned bad boy.
In monogamy, women settle for dedicated lessor men. Many men miss that little detail when they start assuming they should have a harem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 04:13 PM

19,492 posts, read 12,122,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Meh, it's all just fun and games until you have to date someone with only one eye...
The whole pirate thing, not so bad.

FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A few guys in one of the short men thread said they aren't attracted to tall women like me. There's nothing I can do about that. Oh no! Maybe I should march in there, Amazon-style, and give them whatfor.
Women who are 6'0 and over are not sexy to me.

5'4 to 5'11

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi SifuPhil,

Because you need to be a top male in polygamy. Its all or none. Brad Pitt could do that if he wanted, and if we were polygamous in general, the gals would not have it any other way. Male lions either have no sex or short careers with lots of it until they get disemboweled by the next black maned bad boy.
In monogamy, women settle for dedicated lessor men. Many men miss that little detail when they start assuming they should have a harem.
But I AM a top male!

...at least, that's what the people at lietome.com all said!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:16 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The whole pirate thing, not so bad.
Oh, I KNOW, I KNOW!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Women who are 6'0 and over are not sexy to me.

5'4 to 5'11
Woe is me, TVSG. Say it isn't so!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:18 PM

20,629 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
It's female logic.

Obese people can lose weight.

Short people can't gain height.

Obesity reflects poor health, habits, and self image.

Shortness reflects genetics in most cases, barring extreme deprivation in youth. It does have an effect on overally strength but in this enlightened (supposedly) society, one doesn't need to physically dominate another competitor.

Hi Ameiko,

I am no giant myself at 5 10" but one cannot really decide what they find attractive. That is a logical comparison when restricting it to a matter of taste. As for the ability to rectify the situation, that is something else.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Hi Ameiko,

I am no giant myself at 5 10" but one cannot really decide what they find attractive. That is a logical comparison when restricting it to a matter of taste. As for the ability to rectify the situation, that is something else.

5'10 you say? hmmmmmmmm!!!

lol

Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,307 times
Quote:
Hi Ameiko,

Ehh whiel i agree i thinks social conditoning can play a small role in things like height..Yes women prefer it but hearing things like tall dark and handsome and short fat and bald puts stigma on short guys..

Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,744,396 times
I just read the article: mostly just girl stuff...boring....

But it made me laugh. I settled for....GRABBED the first one that showed an interest. Worked out great. I say a prayer of thanks for being steered in his direction, every morning.

When I first saw him...we were both seventeen-year-old College freshmen...both dirt poor, butt-ugly...there on scholarships and assistance, at a fourth-rate college. We were in 'Weightlifting 101', or somesuch. I was thinking "He's as pitiful as I am". He was thinking the same thing about me.

Within a few class sessions, and a few conversations, it became clear to each of us that we both saw ourselves as blank slates, there at college to become as much as we could be. We went together to whatever free things the college was offering...Biofeedback training being done by psych grads...modern dance workshops... first thing that resembled a date, he got me...after that, we did it with the frequency seventeen-year-old former virgins can be expected to. We married at Christmas...first baby that summer...

And slowly, we grew less pitiful. We stayed with the weight lifting. We got into health food, which did much to compensate for our childhood malnutrition. We proved to be excellent students, and excellent workers at our off-campus jobs. I found a source (now long gone) for Saks Fifth Avenue clothes, marked-down, out-of-stock, to nearly-nothing. So, we went from used K-mart rags, from Salvation Army, to shopworn Armani from Saks. And, still struggling, we started estate-building.

It was a struggle: three kids...starting tiny businesses...working for tyrants... living in slums while in grad school...moments when we were rolling pennies to buy food or make the mortgage on our first home/first rental property... a four-plex in a slum. But you can do those things when somebody's got your back. You can make it through all that, if you've got somebody strong and dependable.

So we worked as a team, and have gotten pretty far in life. Now, people call me an 'elitist', and have no Idea I grew up scrounging for food, living in a shack without running water. And he filled-out really well, after a year or so of lifting. At forty-four, his suits still have a fourteen-inch drop, from jacket to trousers. I try to remember the kid in the ragged T-shirt, hunched-over with bad posture, bad acne, ringworm-scarred scalp... But not a trace remains.

What I'm saying is that when we choose a mate, we're lucky if we can find a true partner in life. Romantic thrills and fairytale princes are maybe not so important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships