Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:35 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times

Advertisements

1. Men ARE not mind readers.

2. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

3. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be..

4. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

5. Crying is blackmail.

6. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

7. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

8. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

9. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

10. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

11. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

12. If you think you're fat, you probably are.. Don't ask us.

13. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

14. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done, not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

15. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials..

16. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.

17. Men only see in 16 colors, like old Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

18. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

19. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothings wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

20. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

21. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine ... really.

22. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or golf.

23. You have enough clothes.

24. You have too many shoes.

25. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

26. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.

Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 04:51 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
lmfao this is seriously a pledge ..heck lol good one

Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
2. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

5. Crying is blackmail.

8. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

10. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

13. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

14. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done, not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

19. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothings wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

Enough said.
These (not bolded) are my favorite, and as a woman, I agree with them completely.

The bolded ones are the crappy ones, bc:

2. If your aim didn't suck and you didn't insist on standing and creating a giant mess, you wouldn't need to lift the toilet seat.

14. This is a cop-out; you purposefully do a half-ass, crappy job so that you'll never be asked to do that chore again. You're not fooling anyone with that one.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:15 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
14. This is a cop-out; you purposefully do a half-ass, crappy job so that you'll never be asked to do that chore again. You're not fooling anyone with that one.
My dad totally pulled that early on in my folks marriage. My mom wanted him to deal with paying the bills. After he got the power and water cut off for non-payment 2 times because he ignored the bills, she gave up and took over. 45 years later she is still doing them. Funny thing is my dad successfully owned and ran his own company for 37 or so years. The man does know how to manage finances, he just didn't want to do it

Old 02-26-2010, 05:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
I don't get the toilet seat gripe from some guys. When they're doing other business are they doing it with the seat up? Probably not. The dh would leave it up in the beginning of our relationship. Once I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night, didn't bother turning the lights one, and fell in. That was the last time he left it up. I don't like that he stands up while going at all. He's tall and from that distance it makes a mess. Although, I've noticed the past couple of years that he's been changing his ways a bit since bathroom cleaning is his chore.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Haha, my daughter does that!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't get the toilet seat gripe from some guys. When they're doing other business are they doing it with the seat up? Probably not. The dh would leave it up in the beginning of our relationship. Once I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night, didn't bother turning the lights one, and fell in. That was the last time he left it up. I don't like that he stands up while going at all. He's tall and from that distance it makes a mess. Although, I've noticed the past couple of years that he's been changing his ways a bit since bathroom cleaning is his chore.
I always check before sitting. Once I went into a bathroom in Sinai and saw a scorpion on the seat. Since then I do not sit before looking!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:40 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
I always check before sitting. Once I went into a bathroom in Sinai and saw a scorpion on the seat. Since then I do not sit before looking!

That would have left a mark, a painful one.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:40 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
REAL men don't NEED rules.

...and if we DID, we'd either ignore them or not understand them.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:49 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
LOL....

I asked the s.o. to describe the color "melon" because a make-up color looked off to me onscreen.

He just made wtf face and said "uhhhhh pink or like a melon"

And I am a toilet nazi. Not getting away with that one or any shakey drip fling biz either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships