Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:16 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,145 times

Advertisements

I have read a bunch of threads on these topics. Men say women have too many requirements, and I know a few cases of that, but I wonder if men have too few sometimes. For example, you decide not to go for a 2nd date with someone you met in real time (not online I have no experience with that). For me the following would be the main reasons why and the logic behind it:
Treating service staff like crap - Shows how you treat people you are not trying to impress
Hates cats and/or dogs - I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and yes I will chuck an 2nd date before the pets
Bigoted - Do I even have to give a why?
Fanatic about any religion/ideology - Fanatics scare me
Mentions salary - Yeah I am old school/British on this. Salary is not a topic for first or even 5th dates. Uncouth to say the best
Displays signs of uncontrollable temper - See bigoted commentary
Mentions prior criminal past and/or drug habit - See bigoted commentary
Shows signs of severe mental illness - Same as above

So I have a list of more than 3 items. I suspect most men have a long list for relationships, but a short one for "I'll date you until we have sex, so 2nd date is ok even if I do not like you much"

Last edited by typhoidmary; 02-26-2010 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: e less daha once
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,384,777 times
I don't see a problem with what your expectations are. The reason I say that is you are talking about important things. Things that really makes a person and defines them so absolutes matter. That's not being picky, its being a grown up.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I don't see a problem with what your expectations are. The reason I say that is you are talking about important things. Things that really makes a person and defines them so absolutes matter. That's not being picky, its being a grown up.
But I feel many men will say they have few requirements for a girl they want to f**k while having as many requirements as women for relationships. And that is fine, because it is a different motive. I balk at the slamming of others who have a longer list. I mean mine is 5-6 things, and I left off picking nose at dinner and the other obvious things (e.g. picking lice is bad, period)

Old 02-26-2010, 06:00 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
You know where there are men who want a relationship and not just sex? Please point in that direction.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
There's men who want a relationship? :O

Old 02-26-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You know where there are men who want a relationship and not just sex? Please point in that direction.
And I bet they have a list as long as mine, or longer. Which is my point, men have a long list for women they want to be with for a while and a short list for the rest. Women have a list as well, but since in general dating means seeking a longer term mate they do not give a pass to things as easily.**

** There are outliers in every observation, and my views are mine. I claim no authority

Old 02-26-2010, 06:31 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Plenty of those around. Some are even here on C-D.

There's a nice Pirate on the "Why don't men pursue women?" thread.

A fellow out in Montana has said he wants a committed relationship, too.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:44 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Everybody is free, but in life there are consequences to actions.

Having high standards is fine, if persons can find dates with those standards. I'd worry about a person who never did have standards. Dating is inherently discriminatory.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:36 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,815 times
I'm strictly looking for a wife now so there's just the one set of requirements

Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Most of the time I find men who want it all - marriage, baby, picket fence.

I think they just see me as the marrying kind. I guess I meet the list of requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships