Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:50 PM

694 posts, read 1,231,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Thanks. Is a doberman big enough or do I need a great dane?
It depends on their diets. Less food, better dog.

Last edited by learningCA; 02-27-2010 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 06:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
It's probably true to some extent. I am drawn to people similar to me, but we don't really get along. However, I still hate a number of things I don't do.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:52 PM

530 posts, read 778,978 times
Quote:
Thanks. Is a doberman big enough or do I need a great dane?
I have a Great dane/Mastiff mix....it does not scare all the creepies! I had the sweetest looking little old man ask if he could pet my "beautiful" dog, I replied if he will let you (sometimes he is growly) he pet the dog then said now can I pet your kitty....ewwww. Gosh how I wished my dog was aggressive.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:55 PM

257 posts, read 533,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
I had the sweetest looking little old man ask if he could pet my "beautiful" dog, I replied if he will let you (sometimes he is growly) he pet the dog then said now can I pet your kitty....ewwww.
Eww, eww, eww!

LOL, that was one bold, old dude.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:57 PM

530 posts, read 778,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raa1371 View Post
Eww, eww, eww!

LOL, that was one bold, old dude.
I choose to believe he was hallucinating and actually saw a "cat" yep that's what I am sticking with.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:59 PM

44,312 posts, read 19,982,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I know what you're saying. But that wasn't my question. I'm asking if you were ever irritated by someone's habit or trait and then you realize you have that same trait yourself. I'm not saying that everything you dislike in another person means you are just like that person.

Has it ever happened that you dislike something about a person and, if you thought about it, you are the same way.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. There are a couple of people who come to my mind who have personality traits which really rub me the wrong way - and I see the same quirks in myself sometimes. It makes me feel ashamed, and I try to improve those things in myself. Seeing the traits in someone else makes me realize how unattractive they are, in the other person and in me.

NSX

877 posts, read 2,163,646 times
Not for me. What irritates me the most is people who don't have the main quality I live by. The Golden Rule.

19,261 posts, read 15,146,341 times
Quote:
Pretty much covers my list and I'm none of those things, either. But I keep running into those people. How do you avoid them and leave the house?
You don't (avoid them, I mean.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raa1371 View Post
Yes. But I don't get angry for them being in that position as much as--"Why aren't they listening to me when I'm trying to help them?!?" i.e. giving advice or what not. And then I remember I didn't want to hear it or take advice from others when I was there.

LOLOL!!!

(Now I have to catch up to the thread & read page 4)
Yes, it always scares me to think about trying to steer kids in the right direction, because I never listened to ANYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
By walking a really big dog!
No, that would probably attract me.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:04 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,092,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
I have a Great dane/Mastiff mix....it does not scare all the creepies! I had the sweetest looking little old man ask if he could pet my "beautiful" dog, I replied if he will let you (sometimes he is growly) he pet the dog then said now can I pet your kitty....ewwww. Gosh how I wished my dog was aggressive.
That's just wrong.

I'm officially going with Rottweiler.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:11 PM

694 posts, read 1,231,123 times
Quote:
That's just wrong.

I'm officially going with Rottweiler.
Yeap, that's a pretty scary puppy, all right!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships