Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 03:30 AM

7,826 posts, read 11,722,093 times

Advertisements

I think it's important not to wait too long for that first kiss for a few reasons - to establish and confirm that there is a mutual physical attraction and to establish your intentions that you want to be more than just friends.

I'd say that if a woman is truly interested in a relationship with you and is attracted to you she will most definitely let you kiss her by at most the 3rd date. 3 dates is plenty in my opinion to guage if you want to move forward with someone. If you can't establish this by then chances are that it's never going to happen. Dating is hard enough and expensive, why waste your time with someone who is not compatible with you?

By the 3rd date if she refuses to kiss you (for example gives you the cheek) then it is definitely not worth investing more time in it.

Anyone disagree with this synopsis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 03:32 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,099,531 times
The kiss is the appetizer that determines if there will be a meal.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,284,308 times
I say go for the kiss a lot sooner. I mean at the end of the date for sure plant one if things have gone well. If it is a long date and things r really clinking then surprise with a nice kiss if the kiss is returned step up the intensity- this does not have to wait until the end of the date. If u don't bust a move until the 3rd date, u r wasting everyone's time.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:20 AM

404 posts, read 700,126 times
I agree not to wait too long. The difficult part though, is how to know if things are going well and she really wants to be kissed. Otherwise, she may dodge your kiss like a cobra... And I've seen some of these happen to various people.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:27 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,577,086 times
I'd say go for it certainly by the end of the first date, but just make sure their braces don't get...

...umm, never mind.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:26 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,178,956 times
I'm going for it the first date. That way if they suck, I don't see them for a second one..

Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 AM

15,972 posts, read 9,339,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I say go for the kiss a lot sooner. I mean at the end of the date for sure plant one if things have gone well. If it is a long date and things r really clinking then surprise with a nice kiss if the kiss is returned step up the intensity- this does not have to wait until the end of the date. If u don't bust a move until the 3rd date, u r wasting everyone's time.
I agree.. No sense waiting till the end. I was surprised by one. It was the night before my birthday and we went out to eat and then went to see some music at a classy bar. We were just standing there watching the show and she asked me "What time is it?" I looked at my phone and said 12:15 and she said "well Happy Birthday then!" and leaned towards me and it happened. I'll never forget that. The weird thing was the same person flaked on me a week later. Weird.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:06 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,177,924 times

YouTube - Can HOT Girls KISS~!?!!

yeh...thats love.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,159,181 times
2 dates tops but should happen on date 1

Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,382,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I think it's important not to wait too long for that first kiss for a few reasons - to establish and confirm that there is a mutual physical attraction and to establish your intentions that you want to be more than just friends.

I'd say that if a woman is truly interested in a relationship with you and is attracted to you she will most definitely let you kiss her by at most the 3rd date. 3 dates is plenty in my opinion to guage if you want to move forward with someone. If you can't establish this by then chances are that it's never going to happen. Dating is hard enough and expensive, why waste your time with someone who is not compatible with you?

By the 3rd date if she refuses to kiss you (for example gives you the cheek) then it is definitely not worth investing more time in it.

Anyone disagree with this synopsis?
I think two people can determine if they find each other attractive without snogging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships