Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 02:34 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times

Advertisements

Sounds like you need Dr Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 02:35 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
This girl needs to run like the wind. He doesn't care about her, he just uncommited sex. The sooner she stops giving it to him, the happier she'll be. If he wants to enjoy a "dating lifestyle" then he needs to do it. Take all of the pressure of meeting a new person and the rejection that goes with it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he dumped her right after college when he's "ready" and she's "used goods".

Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
This girl needs to run like the wind. He doesn't care about her, he just uncommited sex. The sooner she stops giving it to him, the happier she'll be. If he wants to enjoy a "dating lifestyle" then he needs to do it. Take all of the pressure of meeting a new person and the rejection that goes with it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he dumped her right after college when he's "ready" and she's "used goods".
How in the hairy monkey's ass did you get ^^that^^ from this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrod1221 View Post
me and my gf are 20 yrs old and in college. we've been together for about 4 years now. shes asked me on more than one occasion to move in together, but ive told her that its something i dont think im ready for. she took it in a bad way and made her really sad and has caused problems between us....what can i do for her to understand me?
I'm beginning to think your confusing this OP's situation with one of your previous personal situations.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You probably were your lovely self...
Ok, that was rude.

Quote:
That's the problem nowadays - too many people "play house" instead of "building a home and a life.”

As much as I'm not particularly keen on the idea of living with somebody at this point, I find this "dating" deal very inconvenient and exhausting, suiting only for folks in their 20s... I need a neighbor!
At my age, dating is the only option I would consider at this point - personal preference.

It's no fun going out on a date Friday night after a long week of work when you live together, because you ALWAYS see that person!

Old 03-01-2010, 03:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Ok, that was rude.
I was just being MY lovely self! If I meant to be rude, you'd know it!

Old 03-01-2010, 03:56 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrod1221 View Post
me and my gf are 20 yrs old and in college. we've been together for about 4 years now. shes asked me on more than one occasion to move in together, but ive told her that its something i dont think im ready for. she took it in a bad way and made her really sad and has caused problems between us....what can i do for her to understand me?

Hi lcrod1221,

The more I think about it, the more this is a lousy gray area. If you want to do the high school sweetheart thing, then if you can't decide in 4 years whether you are compatible or not, then it is a problem. All she needs is a couple more relationships like this and she is 30 while you get a 25 year old and start a life with no hitch. That is one reason why I don't like these kinds of relationships because I think same age relationships are artifacts of our educational system. People usually gravitate to a 2-4 year older man range because we men are just too immature IMHO.

If that is not enough, between the ages of 16-20, people should be meeting lots of other people. Then you will know who a quack really is. Yet that has been wasted. At 22 you will have both blown your best chance to meet lots of people in college. She could be, at 22, single and relatively ignorant of how men are. You will be in the same spot, but you have lots more time to recover.

The problem is people want to combine the benefits of monogamy for sexual security both in terms of health and availability, but its worth putting off for at least a little while unless you don't mind the risks or moral apprehensions. In that case, just get a buddy now and then flush that condom down the toilet like a rock star should.

Though it is a man's game and it appears you are winning to some extent. That is except you are not meeting new people either while you are not sure. How are you going to be sure while you continue to date one person? Its messy to me and not inherently understandable.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I was just being MY lovely self! If I meant to be rude, you'd know it!
I was just being my baby self (This is me my Junior year of high school)

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 04:23 AM..

Old 03-01-2010, 04:08 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
I was just being my baby self (This is me my Junior year of high school)
That is hideous. When I turned away quickly from the pain, I had the retinal fatigue of grand piano on my back.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Find one to move in with...
I have, we're just temporarily seperated, 14 more weeks and I get to see mah baby!

Quote:
It's no fun going out on a date Friday night after a long week of work when you live together, because you ALWAYS see that person!
That's the great part! You get to date them AND see them everyday! What could be better??

Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi steelstress,

Some guy is poking her for 4 years and potentially using up her goodies? How many times do we have to see men commit to other women before they see what is going on. A women spends 5 years with a guy, and then he marries another in a year. I know this is his thread, but I know darn well why she wants him to move in.

There is a fixed supply of attractive, commitment oriented men. They will start looking to marry soon.

The rest are cads, neo fops, or those bow tied, stork necked saps wearing ankle riders. Sure, 20 is still considered young, but her best time to bring em in is approaching fast. If I were coaching her, I would tell her to shake the nuts out of the trees too.
Crap, I hope you didn't read my original response. Re-evaluating your post and position, I get what you're saying.

I need some sleep.

Last edited by steelstress; 03-01-2010 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: I misinterpreted the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships