Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,160,118 times

Advertisements

the best way to show you are interested in being more then friends is to touch her

just dont honk her boobs or slap her ass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,888,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Easy on the soda and popcorn, I heard yesterday on the radio when driving an alarming stat.....one large popcorn and a regular softdrink, in order to burn all that energy off you would have to run for one hour and a half. But I guess another certain activity with your partner could work too.......
Guess I will park farther away.

Oh...and the statistic could help in sealing the deal for later activities I suppose.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 AM

404 posts, read 700,270 times
This topic is quite interesting actually. What if you start trying to touch her, as said here, and she doesn't reciprocate? She may want to be with you JUST to watch the movie, and after you try to make some move the situation would become very ackward. You may even ruin your friendship like that.

Any suggestions on this?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,160,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
This topic is quite interesting actually. What if you start trying to touch her, as said here, and she doesn't reciprocate? She may want to be with you JUST to watch the movie, and after you try to make some move the situation would become very ackward. You may even ruin your friendship like that.

Any suggestions on this?
if hes got feelings for her friendship is already ruined for the most part.

if he gets shot down and doesnt mind being friends afterwards and she doesnt want to, then she wasnt much of a friend anyways

Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 AM

85 posts, read 226,565 times
Most guys have been in a similar situation before. I decided to ask her out and it was great for a while....then we never talked afterwards..we just wave when we run into each other.

C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

Unless she's a close friend to the OP, I'd say initiate physical contact and watch out for the signs.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,393,786 times
Yeah, once one of you develop feelings the 'friendship' is over, you have no choice but to see if the other person wants to take things to the next level.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:38 AM

85 posts, read 226,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Yeah, once one of you develop feelings the 'friendship' is over, you have no choice but to see if the other person wants to take things to the next level.
Yeah, once the mutual attraction is gone...things are just weird.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,077,361 times
Since it sounds like you actually have a chance with this woman here's some real advice: First, Reschedule the movie when you do, ask if she'd like to grab a bite after. Pick up the check. Keep it light, keep it friendly. Don't push. You should know by the end of the meal if things are going well. If they went well, casually and lightly say, "This was fun, we should do this again" If you're feeling really confident, make a suggestion. Choose an event at least 2 weeks away. Ask her to call and confirm closer to event. Let her know if she wants to chat between now and then feel free to call. And leave it at that.

Good Luck.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM

404 posts, read 700,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
if hes got feelings for her friendship is already ruined for the most part.

if he gets shot down and doesnt mind being friends afterwards and she doesnt want to, then she wasnt much of a friend anyways
Well, you may be right on that. However, it still feels too ackward to me, trying to make a move on a girls if I don't get at least some signal that she may be interested.

You know, if I got some apparent interest from her and then she rejects me, I can at least say (to her and to myself) that I did that because I thought she was interested. But it's hard to justify a move otherwise. Ackward.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 AM

19 posts, read 23,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post

Any suggestions on this?
That's exactly the situation I'm in. After getting some replies from here, I've decided I'm just going to ask her straight up and make it clear. We've been out several times but I'm not sure if she saw those as "dates". Mainly because I've touched her and stuff but she doesn't respond except one time when she hooked her arm around mine. And when I'm "training" her at the gym, she was blushing when I was trying to show her something. She's very outgoing, at least a lot more than me. I'm more laid back. So, I figured maybe she is maybe she isn't but I'll ask and see what happens. If not, we can still be friends like before as long as you don't MAKE it awkward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships