Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,318,076 times

Advertisements

Ok, we had a thread on wacky neighbors (did it get deleted? I can't find it), so I thought lets have one on in-laws.

So tell us the story.
(And hopefully they're not the neighbors. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,329,943 times
Not sure if this little gem is along the lines of what you were looking for....but here goes:

My now ExH's parents would invite us over fairly frequently for meals and such. More often than not, their conversation would devolve into a lot of hollering, name calling, and myriad silly sheeite. I had learned after a while that their sleeping in separate beds was their norm from giddy up.

On one occasion, when the MIL was angered by something FIL attacked her about, she hollered into the living room from the kitchen about his past philandering (that happened over 20 years before, and which apparently didn't bother her enough to leave him since).

If that wasn't bad enough, her letting that cat out of the bag that is, he (the former philanderer) was seated across from me at the table we were eating at and he went on to defend himself, asking me, "What could I have done? What is a man to do when his wife wouldn't even wrap her arms around him during lovemaking? I don't think she ever enjoyed sex with me."

Needless to say, I was shocked into silence as I had no idea how to respond. In retrospect, I should have figured out what life would be like with my now ExH based on the level of dysfunction from whence he came.

Now it's just funny stories from a distant past - thankfully!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:57 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,249,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Ok, we had a thread on wacky neighbors (did it get deleted? I can't find it), so I thought lets have one on in-laws.

So tell us the story.
(And hopefully they're not the neighbors. )
Nope!

I wish I had a tale or two to tell to entertain you, but my in-laws were pretty good.

Now my parents, that's a whole different story altogether!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM

21,965 posts, read 19,083,870 times
One of the main reasons I got a divorce was due to the in-laws (and my husband's inability to stand up to them). So I left the marriage and got a divorce when our children were age 4, 4, and 6. Shortly after, my 6-year old son came home in tears after a visit with his grandmother (my mother-in-law) at the playground. She had told him to just pretend that I was dead, that that's what divorce is, mom is dead and so now only dad is left to take care of him.

Can you imagine that? The brutality and hatred and meanness and cruelty of telling a sweet little 6-year-old boy that his mother is dead? That's why my son came home in tears, he thought I was dead.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-04-2010 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships