Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
how many ppl have you been out with? ive been out with tons of weirdos in the process

Be nice & friendly with your lady meterreader, that's what i did.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
LOL Chessie-I know..But right now my life is getting very busy and is going to stay that way for a while..I'm just putting that on the back burner for now as I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances through work..

Old 03-12-2010, 04:25 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Hawk J wrote:
Quote:
Be nice & friendly with your lady meterreader, that's what i did.
So when she took the reading was it normal or did you come up short?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:13 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
LOL On match IM right now and I'm having the most entertaining conversation with some guy..Seems like a tool, LOL..

Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 1,811 times
Default Match.com....

My wife and I met on match.com. We've been married for over three years now.

A little background: She actually contacted me. We chatted for three weeks before we ever met. It was NOT love at first sight. As a matter-of-fact, there was never of any of the big fireworks, chemicals rushing through your veins type feelings.

We dated both each other and other people for over a year after we started dating. Neither of us was in a hurry.

Both of us had very specific criteria on what we wanted in a relationship.

The dating process is like many other things in life in which you desire success. You must try and try again. If you fail, just pick things up and try again. And don't settle.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Hawk J wrote:

So when she took the reading was it normal or did you come up short?

She really likes the 50amp heavy duty cord...

hahaha

Old 03-13-2010, 12:50 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL On match IM right now and I'm having the most entertaining conversation with some guy..Seems like a tool, LOL..
What is he saying?

Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,815 times
I just created a profile (haven't made it public yet and still waiting a little bit) on match. I like to think it's thoughtful, a little funny, rather lengthy, and well-written.

The photo thing is funny. I have some things about me I can't control or change (still trying to figure out how to handle that). While they're important, you have to be careful not place so much stock into them. Some may be 5-to-10 years old and 50 pounds lighter, some people may not be very photogenic and vice versa.

One of the problems I think with online dating is that women tend to place themselves a higher level of what they think they deserve than they would in real life, just due to the sheer number of men-to-women ratio.

For a newbie, how do you handle sending the first message? What do you say?

Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulb1310 View Post
My wife and I met on match.com. We've been married for over three years now.

A little background: She actually contacted me. We chatted for three weeks before we ever met. It was NOT love at first sight. As a matter-of-fact, there was never of any of the big fireworks, chemicals rushing through your veins type feelings.

We dated both each other and other people for over a year after we started dating. Neither of us was in a hurry.

Both of us had very specific criteria on what we wanted in a relationship.

The dating process is like many other things in life in which you desire success. You must try and try again. If you fail, just pick things up and try again. And don't settle.
That's really laudable! Most people don't want to put in the time and demand fireworks fast or they go into never-never land.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:57 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
One of the problems I think with online dating is that women tend to place themselves a higher level of what they think they deserve than they would in real life, just due to the sheer number of men-to-women ratio.

For a newbie, how do you handle sending the first message? What do you say?
Women? Haaaaaa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships