Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Teatime helped me with mine and it made a huge difference in my response rate. I'd ask her to look at your profile and give you tips.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
LOL, the worst I've seen is when guys write poems instead of answering the questions. Poem after poem, much of it bad erotica or pseudo-philosophy, hahahaha. I guess they're trying to sound intelligent and creative, which they might if their poems were any good or had anything to do with themselves or the questions.
Poems in the profiles or the e-mails?

Mind if I send you my profile soon to look over? Sounds like you got a good grasp on this.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post

Mind if I send you my profile soon to look over? Sounds like you got a good grasp on this.
She does

Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post

Sure, Wolfie. Feel free.

As for the poems in the profiles, I write poetry and that's in my profile so I guess I attract them, hahahaha. Maybe I should adjust my profile to emphasize that I'm a professional writer and don't consider bleeding streams of consciousness and erotic thoughts to be writing "poetry" necessarily. LOL! Poor guys -- they probably think they're showing their sensitive and creative sides but they're coming off as being creepy from what they write!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I have dated two different women who both claimed to have gotten the same email from the same guy that goes like this:

"After a rigorously brief overview of your profile, I wanted to let you know I have already married and divorced you in my mind. Thanks for all the wonderful imaginary memories...you will always have a special place in my heart. Your ex hubby, Craig.

P.S. You can keep the house on hawaii but I'm going to need half our money according to our prenup"

Seriously, two girls, that I've gone on dates with, told me about this guy. I had the second girl send me the email, I just had to know exact words. I guess he just spams this out to women. It sounds like the most terrible attempt at initiating conversation I've ever even heard of. This guy would be better off just saying "hi".
ROFLMAO!!!! I guess he thinks he's being witty!

Guys are so funny. A lot of them have trouble being straight-forward. OR they go on about all of the "manly" activities they enjoy. (I wonder if they really do or they're trying to create some sort of persona?)

I don't think they realize how off-putting that is, unless they are trying to attract tomboys. But, when I read profiles that provide this huge list of favorite activities including hunting, shooting, riding ATVs and dirt bikes, playing at least three sports, going to NASCAR events, and four-wheeling in their vehicles, I think that they need male buddies, not a woman. At least, not a girly-girl like me! I'm not into any of that stuff (except, I do enjoy watching football).

I really don't get that. It would be like me writing about how I love putting together outfits, trying out new cosmetics, re-decorating rooms, and scouring Goodwill for funky clothes.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
theres a guy around here that sends the same email to everyone. it involves doing things not mentionable here and his swiss cheese fetish. hes very well known in the philly area now !

Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I don't think they realize how off-putting that is, unless they are trying to attract tomboys. But, when I read profiles that provide this huge list of favorite activities including hunting, shooting, riding ATVs and dirt bikes, playing at least three sports, going to NASCAR events, and four-wheeling in their vehicles, I think that they need male buddies, not a woman. At least, not a girly-girl like me! I'm not into any of that stuff (except, I do enjoy watching football).
Yeah, many men appear to be absolutely clueless!

Quote:
I really don't get that. It would be like me writing about how I love putting together outfits, trying out new cosmetics, re-decorating rooms, and scouring Goodwill for funky clothes.
I can imagine how interested they would be!

Old 04-09-2010, 03:37 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,833 times
Aren't people supposed to list their interests and hobbies in their profiles though?

Old 04-09-2010, 03:43 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep- View Post
theres a guy around here that sends the same email to everyone. It involves doing things not mentionable here and his swiss cheese fetish. Hes very well known in the philly area now !
Sounds like TVSG

Old 04-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Aren't people supposed to list their interests and hobbies in their profiles though?
Yeah, but with the profiles I'm talking about, you get the impression that he's listing all of this stuff to sound manly and not because he really has all of those hobbies. If he did, he wouldn't have time for dating, LOL! Unless he was expecting a woman who would want to do all of those things. (They do exist, I suppose, but most probably aren't heterosexual!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships