Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
HI,
Science can kiss my @ss cause I totally disagree with this. IN FACT when I see a guy driving an expensive car that is a major TURN OFF. Yep I dated a guy who had a beat up station wagon. He was so much fun to be around but the day he got a sports car he turned into this cocky jerk. I said "see ya".
Yeah whatever, he probably dumped you first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I reackon I have banged 5 girls at least, where my car / vehicle, was a significant factor.
Now Dave you've got to qualify this statement. Is that 5 girls over 30 years or 5 girls last month ? I'd like to see a pic of your car if it was 5 girls last month.

My car was significant but that was high school. Back then any guy with any old beater could get laid just so the girl would have someone with wheels to take her places. It was better then collecting gas money from your guy buddies.

A better question is do women like guys who have big ones or economy size and does color really matter ? We are talking cars here.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Now Dave you've got to qualify this statement. Is that 5 girls over 30 years or 5 girls last month ? I'd like to see a pic of your car if it was 5 girls last month.

My car was significant but that was high school. Back then any guy with any old beater could get laid just so the girl would have someone with wheels to take her places. It was better then collecting gas money from your guy buddies.

A better question is do women like guys who have big ones or economy size and does color really matter ? We are talking cars here.
5 over 30 years my man (well 14 years). I'm pretty picky.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:57 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have no preference with regard to colour or size.

My only preference is that it's kept clean, AND he knows how to drive it well with consideration for others.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:08 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I have no preference with regard to colour or size.

My only preference is that it's kept clean, AND he knows how to drive it well with consideration for others.
..and a working a/c and some tunes...

Old 03-02-2010, 06:10 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Yes, I do look at guys who drive expensive cars more than guys with beaters. However, I have dated guys with not so great cars..But that was fine because then we just always took mine, lol

Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
..and a working a/c and some tunes...
Good point!

Although those aren't manditory for me, they are preferable.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:15 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
What I dont get is this statement:

Quote:
Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
How is being attractive to wealth and stability any more evidence of shallowness than his findings that men are only attracted to looks. Tomato/tomato.

It has been a very short time that women have equaled men in wealth and status. It would be interesting to see this same study in 20 yrs. Im not sure I believe the statement that men dont care what a woman drives either. I have observed that men are attracted to women who drive jeeps, big trucks and sports cars more so than women who drive beaters or your average chick sedan.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How is being attractive to wealth and stability any more evidence of shallowness than his findings that men are only attracted to looks. Tomato/tomato......
I don't understand how a car is a sign of wealth or stability. My ex told me that lots of the fraudsters/drug dealers they investigated had high end cars often bought from salvage yards and touched up enough to pass the surface glance. All that glitters isn't gold, and a fancy car does not a rich person make

Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
I don't understand how a car is a sign of wealth or stability. My ex told me that lots of the fraudsters/drug dealers they investigated had high end cars often bought from salvage yards and touched up enough to pass the surface glance. All that glitters isn't gold, and a fancy car does not a rich person make
Also, women like men who drive expensive cars that are paid in full

In a country that lives by debt and credit card, nothing is a benchmark of wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships