Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:29 PM

10,163 posts, read 20,705,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
STT-We are discussing my cat, Frankie, which is pictured on page beforehand.

Cool-I have pics of my cat on my phone so I guess I'm crazy in that aspect. He doesn't run my life but he's a very big part of it. He is currently staying at my parents until I get myself a place again. I make sure to stop by and see him everyday and spend time with him as I miss him terribly..
Nah, pics on the phone isn't crazy. Being a proud pet owner is normal and healthy. Some people have pics of their cars on their phone...at least you love something that can love you back. It's when someone insists on treating them as equals, that's when the boundaries get hazy, at least for me anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 03:30 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,307,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Nah, pics on the phone isn't crazy. Being a proud pet owner is normal and healthy. It's when someone insists on treating them as equals, that's when the boundaries get hazy, at least for me anyway.
Well if she were to let him borrow the car and you're not allowed to use it, I could see you being upset about that.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:03 PM

680 posts, read 1,378,266 times
I need to clarify my opening post.

Two of my favorite female humans in the whole world are cat fanatics. I love them and would never date either of them. I'm a dog person and have found that the number one predictor of whether I'm going to be attracted to a woman is whether she's a cat person or dog person. This is simply an observation based on personal experience. I don't literally believe that I could never love a woman who has cats, even if she had 12 of them. But if I were a gambling man I would bet against it. I'm much more likely to date dog people.

Whoever mentioned pit bulls as a turnoff, I'm with ya. Unless it's a very tame pit bull and the motives for choosing that breed had nothing to do with the violent reputation. Anyone who has ever dated a pit bull breeder need not apply.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:50 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,444,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
I need to clarify my opening post.

Two of my favorite female humans in the whole world are cat fanatics. I love them and would never date either of them. I'm a dog person and have found that the number one predictor of whether I'm going to be attracted to a woman is whether she's a cat person or dog person. This is simply an observation based on personal experience. I don't literally believe that I could never love a woman who has cats, even if she had 12 of them. But if I were a gambling man I would bet against it. I'm much more likely to date dog people.

Whoever mentioned pit bulls as a turnoff, I'm with ya. Unless it's a very tame pit bull and the motives for choosing that breed had nothing to do with the violent reputation. Anyone who has ever dated a pit bull breeder need not apply.
Oh well now we've got THAT sorted out I am just so incredibly relieved. Thanks for the update! Always bear in mind, though, that although you might have a problem dating women who have cats you might just miss out on some very good ******* and the impetus to really get to know them.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:04 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,530,720 times
I have two dogs because that's all I'm allowed in my apartment. Once I get a house, there will be more! My dogs sleep in my bed and are welcome on the furniture (I actually bought my furniture with my dog's comfort in mind and how well the color would hide the fur. LOL) I'm sure my place probably smells "doggy" at times and I just don't notice. The only people that ever come over are fellow dog lovers so it's really not a problem.

However, I do draw the line at dogs in the room during sex. Mine would probably just sit there and stare but who needs that?! That's what bully sticks are for!

I have no interest in dating someone who doesn't love dogs. If a guy is turned off by it, oh well. I volunteer with a rescue group (and spent years volunteering at the humane society) so it's always going to be an important part of my life. It's who I am, so if a guy doesn't like it, he's not the guy for me!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:07 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,951,888 times
I've always had a cat. I like cats. But during my dating life, I began to noticing a definite link with owners of multiple cats and having snakes in the head.

Same thing with dogs. Dogs are great. But dogs are not people with fur. Take them for a walk. Play with them. Rub their tummies. But when you start treating the dog as if it were one of your children, then it's really time to wonder about them.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:16 PM

17,609 posts, read 22,524,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh well now we've got THAT sorted out I am just so incredibly relieved. Thanks for the update! Always bear in mind, though, that although you might have a problem dating women who have cats you might just miss out on some very good ******* and the impetus to really get to know them.

hahahahaha

Old 03-03-2010, 11:32 PM

4,865 posts, read 5,655,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I just take my dog with me on every date. Is that a problem?
Yes...unless he's the one paying!

Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,397,836 times
I get creeped out with a cat or dog in the room during sex.

A guy with cats is a lot weirder to me than a woman with cats.

Women are maternal, so I can understand a woman pampering and being overindulgent with a cat or dog than a man.

I would not really want to date a guy with poisonous snakes, tarantulas/spiders, scorpions, or really big snakes.

I have a brother that use to have a huge (as in zoo size huge) boa constrictor in a plexi-glass handmade cage in his living room. This snake was big enough to eat a small child. There was a screen lid with books on top to hold it down. That snake got out of that pen all the time. I would never date or marry someone that had something like that. He did meet and date a girl and even marry her with that snake in the apartment. As soon as his wife found out she was pregnant she told him it had to go and he sold it.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:20 AM

37,043 posts, read 41,975,975 times
I am a cat person but not a "cat lady". By that I mean I've had up 5 cats at any one time but that's just because they all just showed up at my house and wouldn't leave, plus the kids liked them. I don't treat my cats like children or dress them up or need to run home and be with them. In fact that's why I like them, they can be alone while I'm out doing whatever I want to do, even short trips and stuff. Right now I have 3, but 2 are getting pretty old.

I also have a soft spot for guys who like cats. Men and dogs is just to stereotypical and boring, and dogs take too much effort. But a guy who likes cats has something interesting going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships