Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:58 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times

Advertisements

I am awake and VERY unhappy.

My phone just rang and it was my ex's number. Since I answer all calls I get at 1:30 (if anyone's calling me then it better be an emergency!), I picked it up. All I heard was what sounded like him talking to his dog. I hung up and tried calling him back and sent him a text (I know I probably shouldn't have, but I was pissed) but of course he didn't answer. He obviously didn't mean to call me.

The only way he would have done it accidentally is if he still has my number in his phone. WHY??? He's the one who broke it off six months ago and was a jerk who acted like I don't even exist. I kicked him out of my phone book that night.

This was a BAD night for him to do this. I was feeling all down in the dumps about life and what he put me through, and yes, I cried myself to sleep (I'm not proud, but there it is). Now I won't be able to sleep and my alarm will go off in four hours.

Thanks, dude, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
I'm not saying this to be snide or rude or mean.... but if you're still this torn up about it after six months, you might need some help.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:15 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
That's what I thought.
Maybe you weren't as over him as you thought. Take this as a "warning" that you've still got a ways to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm not saying this to be snide or rude or mean.... but if you're still this torn up about it after six months, you might need some help.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:28 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Depending on how long the relationship was, a person might not be completely over it after 6 months. Also, she said he broke it off with her and acted like she didn't even exist which sounds like she got no closure. I know for me personally, it is a lot harder to get over a situation when there's no closure. He sounds like a jerk.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:48 AM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
It's entirely possible to resume normalcy after a very devastating breakup and then see the person one day at a store or gets an accidental call like this poster did and those feelings of hurt resurface and you relive that hurt all over again.

Sorry OP. That must have really sucked but if the guy was a jerk, good riddance.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:50 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times
get over it and be a woman about it

Old 03-04-2010, 05:00 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
I'm so sorry he called you in the middle of the night and that it triggered unpleasant memories and thoughts that kept you from sleeping. Life really stinks sometimes. I'm hoping that in the light of day things will look better to you. Break ups are tough.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:22 AM

865 posts, read 2,431,799 times
If what you heard was just "background noise", then very likely he dialed your # by accident. I know my dh has done that to me, and I've done that to him, if our phones got pressed on/sat on etc. He probably didn't intentionally call you.

You can probably block his # if you want to, but you may not want to, in case there is ever an emergency, or some reason that you need to contact each other. Unfortunately, there will be many things that re-open the wounds for you, but it does get easier with time. If you have some friends and family to lean on, that will help.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
I sure wish mine would call me at anytime in the night or morning. I am a 24/7 kind of guy for my job and am use to it. Not knowing is far worse.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:02 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Call him up and ask him to please delete your nbr because the incident in the middle of the night really hurt you. He will know you still care and if he still cares, you can talk about it. If he deletes your nbr, you will have closure when you don't hear from him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships