Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:31 AM

64 posts, read 85,594 times

Advertisements

Now if you are single and are satisfied, then don't listen to this post, ignore this thread, go play outside or something. If you are single and posting countless threads about it, in here!

As a guy who has been there myself I can best relate to most of you. In junior high and earlier on in high school I was picked on for being a bit overweight and even being "ugly". Matter of fact I remember one day walking from one class to the next and overheard a bunch of girls saying my name and laughing at the idea of dating me. Of course after high school I lost nearly 40 lbs and started taking care of my style.

Being single most of you worry about rejection and get obsessed with one girl and day dream. Here are some realities.

1. You think you can't get laid because you are ugly.

I am going to put up pics later on in this post of myself, as you will see, I am not a great looking guy myself, average looks yet I have dated women who have been good looking. Beautiful women have been told their whole life they are the best and haven't had to work for as much, don't get caught up in the "is she outta my league" BS. Carry yourself with confidence and like a champion and one girl will reward you for it.

2. You are afraid that you will get rejected or have been rejected before.

If you have not been rejected yet, you are doing it wrong. Dating is like a game of soccer, you can be like FC Barcelona and take 27 shots on goal, if only 3 go in, that is good enough to win. Believe me, you will have to face rejection while putting yourself out there. Some days it can be a simple "no" and some days it can be a slap to the face or rumor going around about you being a creep. WHO CARES. Some guys will only face 5 rejections before they go out with a girl, some 30, some 40, some 50 until they find a girl that says yes, well if that is what it has to be then DO IT.

3. You base your life around the girl you want to pursue, if she is going to an event you don't want to go to, you go to that event anyways because she is there.

I have seen guys do this so many times and it has been a shame. YOU as a man matter more, make yourself matter more, make yourself desirable, make her respect your presence. If she is going to a Hello Kitty convention and you hate Hello Kitty, don't go because she is going to be there. Do not base anything you do around her or any other woman. In summary, do not put p*ssy on a pedestal.

4. You aren't the best you can be, you don't take many chances, yet you expect for women to land on your lap.

You don't have to look like Paul Walker to be a ladies man. In fact, good looks are mostly genetics but that doesn't mean you can maximize your looks. Go to the gym, eat healthy, cut the hot wings, cut the burgers, eat better, enjoy life, and go out there. If you are 50 lbs overweight, smelly, bad hygiene, and bad attitude, do not expect for any woman to date you. Surprisingly some women will even ignore the overweight part but if you do not improve the attitude and hygiene, have fun with your right hand.

5. You waste time on here wet dreaming about dating Cinderella, watch p*rn most likely, and do absolutely nothing to improve your situation.

Action is needed to see results. You don't sit around and gain a six pack, you have to work for that sh*t. I am a 19 year old kid, used to be an 18 year old virgin while my friends were losing it left to right. I am still living with my parents (embarrassing) yet only a few more months before I move out. I did not let that stop me. I have dated 6 girls ever since I turned 19, lost my virginity to the first one I dated and now I am dating a girl who I liked before I even had my first girlfriend.

This is me, as you can see, average looks but that did not stop me.

far left

Current girlfriend

I did it, I have been there, I used to seek help on relationship forums in the past but that won't help much. GO OUT THERE, GET REJECTED, MAN UP AND LEARN FROM IT ANNNNDDDD

PROFIT!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,818,003 times
WOO HOO!!! A guy who "gets it"

Congrats on your success!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,022,861 times
Your pants are falling off

Old 12-13-2011, 09:39 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,307,187 times
congrats yates33...you're right....if you believe in yourself....someone else will believe in you too!!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:41 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,901,278 times
Pull your pants up, that looks stupid.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:42 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,511,886 times
You lost all credibility with your sagging pants. And oddly enough, this would be my advice to women as well.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:43 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
You lost all credibility with your sagging pants. And oddly enough, this would be my advice to women as well.
Well now I wouldn't go that far.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,818,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Come on

I laugh at the sagging pants on young men just as often as the rest of America, but it's a "fashion statement" for most of these guys, not an indication of his intelligence or credibility!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 AM

60 posts, read 142,125 times
OP, this is not fair. You don't look average. You look above average.

In any case, congrats on your enlightenment!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Come on

I laugh at the sagging pants on young men just as often as the rest of America, but it's a "fashion statement" for most of these guys, not an indication of his intelligence or credibility!
Exactly. I feel embarrassed for them thinking years to come they're going to wonder what they were thinking LOL but I don't think it has anything to do with credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships