Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:49 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

I would pretend it didn't happen and give it another shot. Guys sometimes do stupid stuff maybe she will see it as that.

If she brings it up just compliment her on the fact that when your attracted to a woman you tend to go brain dead. All us guys do that with some women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloot310 View Post
thanks for the feedback ppl.

as far as the racist thing, I was more trying to make a point that we have something glaringly obvious in common. thats all.

I am fairly certain that she didn't like the way our conversation ended. Assuming this is the case, how do you go about approaching a girl who's feelings have just bee hurt via perceived rejection or a lack of interest on my part?

Thanks
You apologize, explain what happened and see if she accepts what you say. If she does, invite for a smoothie, if not, next!

Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloot310 View Post
thanks for the feedback ppl.

as far as the racist thing, I was more trying to make a point that we have something glaringly obvious in common. thats all.

I am fairly certain that she didn't like the way our conversation ended. Assuming this is the case, how do you go about approaching a girl who's feelings have just bee hurt via perceived rejection or a lack of interest on my part?

Thanks
I can only speak for myself, but if I was in this girl's shoes, I would want you to come up to me and say: "I think you are totally hot and I'm attracted to you. I've been checking you out for years and I want to ask you out. Do you wanna go out sometimes?".
That's it. I can't stand wishy-washy men. Just ask her out already and call it a day. If she says "yes", great. If she says "no", well, at least you will know where you stand.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Your postcount and perceived seniority didn't stop you from getting all in a huff about something minor.

I've met people who troll that have lots of postcount and rep on other forums, it only goes so far before it stops meaning anything.

Anyways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Seeing as you just grossly misinterpreted the OP's intentions and resorted to slander, I think an apology would be in order.
, period.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:52 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Just ask for a start-over. Explain how her stunning beauty makes you nervous. It's the truth, right? Be honest.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
MM above is 100% sexy female who gives good advice. That's the best advice offered above so take it from a lady and move forward with confidence.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 PM

66 posts, read 110,233 times
yeah the proper thing to do here is to talk to her, feel her out (no pun intended), and if she seems less happy than she was before, I guess I should apologize for ending the convo without any closure.

I have had a female friend tell me she thinks explaining to her that I was nervous makes me look weak and I should not do it. Still unsure if I'll go this far.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:06 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Explaining that you were a bit nervous is hit-or-miss with young women.
Either they think it's cute or they think you're a loser. Tough call.

I stand by my earlier advice, though. Like the Nike slogan.. Just Do It.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:14 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
You sound like you might be into yourself, and she sounds the same. Usually two people that think they are such hot sh--, don't get along that well. I'd look else where if I were you, I don't care for people that are stuck on themselves...

Old 03-06-2010, 10:26 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Who said it had to be a relationship, though? What if it's for casual fun? In that case, two people who are into themselves could have a lot of fun for a few hours every once in a while.

Anyways, that's assuming the OP and this female are like that. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships