Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:54 PM

851 posts, read 3,626,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
There always is a lot of bitterness threads like these.

OP - just live your life, appear happy, and it will come in time. One advantage is that you're in college, and thus have a good opportunity to meet women.

To the other guys - My advice to you is so - idealise your perfect woman that you'd like to date. It could be in any area, and in any characteristic. then, once you've done this, seek out where such a woman would hang out, and associate. This appraisal should be realistic though, taking into account leagues (my own opinion is that leagues do exist, but it's by the by here), common interests, etc.

Also work on yourself, and improve yourself, which would add to any potential relationship.

I am going to say what you said here is nice but useless. Work on myself, improve myself? How? Tell me straight up, what I need to do?

Here's something I usually tell guys: be confident.

How to be confident? Just think yourself as if you were a king, but be a polite king, not an arrogant one. When you approach a woman, ACT as a polite king but you don't want the girl to know you are the king. Now what would be a king say and how would a king behave?

There are a lot of subtext here but I am not going to get into too details. Basically, you need to dress like a king and behave like a king. Do you see a king dress like every other guy you see? Nope.

A king certainly would not start handing out his resume to show what kind of quality he has, nor would he say a lame line like "I like your eyes." He would make an observation and make a funny comment - now, important, he would NOT convey any interest, certainly nothing sexual.

For example, if he sees a girl standing there and waiting for someone, he may say:"Hey, if he's 5 more minutes later, you should dump him."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Another piece of information, you may not know how to initiate a conversation with women, but just trying would get you somewhere.

Most guys are scared to death when comes to talking to a woman for the first time. Think like this were betting in a game. If you win, you win the jackpot; if you lose, you lose... nothing. This is exactly what it is. You lose nothing - OK, dignity, humiliation etc. So what? Is it better to be alone and miserable? Plus, if nobody sees you, what dignity or humiliation? Think about you just spilled a cup of milk, no big deal!

If you don't approach and start talking to women, you will have nothing - unless you are famous/somebody, no woman will come and talk to you. It's not socially acceptable. On the other hand, most women are just as much in need of friends as you do.

I read that when I was 16, and my first approach in that summer landed me my first official girlfriend. I still miss her till this day.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
There always is a lot of bitterness threads like these.

OP - just live your life, appear happy, and it will come in time. One advantage is that you're in college, and thus have a good opportunity to meet women.

To the other guys - My advice to you is so - idealise your perfect woman that you'd like to date. It could be in any area, and in any characteristic. then, once you've done this, seek out where such a woman would hang out, and associate. This appraisal should be realistic though, taking into account leagues (my own opinion is that leagues do exist, but it's by the by here), common interests, etc.

Also work on yourself, and improve yourself, which would add to any potential relationship.
I don't see anything wrong with what you posted!!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I've been looking for a girlfriend it seems like forever, and it seems like no women are interested in me. Idk, what do y'all think?
Simple question, whats your bank account look like?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
OP - To answer your question, yes, I do believe that some people will never find "the love of their life", but I don't believe that they will never find love. Love comes from many sources, not just a gf. It comes from family, friends, even your pets - they all can be a great source of love.

As for finding a gf - well, at 18 you're far from past your prime, so I wouldn't sweat it now. If you're 40 and asking that question, that's a different story altogether. Going to school will help you meet more girls, of course, but that isn't the reason you should go to school. Go to school to broaden your education, to become more marketable in the workplace, and to make lifelong friends. Somewhere along the way, you will probably meet someone you really like, who likes you too.
What she said.

I do see where the OP is coming from, though. At 18, even a year seems like "forever."

Old 03-10-2010, 01:13 AM

332 posts, read 644,312 times
Quote:
I've been looking for a girlfriend it seems like forever, and it seems like no women are interested in me. Idk, what do y'all think?
What do I think ? Since you are obviously not handsome enough to attract women just based on your looks alone, your best option is to either win the lottery, or study to become a doctor or a lawyer. I say this because most women are extremely shallow, especially the ones who are above average in the looks department.

For every 1 down to earth female there are 10 conceited stuck up shallow ******* who only care about a guy's looks or a guy's bank account or both.

Last edited by Golem1979; 03-10-2010 at 01:22 AM..

Old 03-10-2010, 04:43 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
What do I think ? Since you are obviously not handsome enough to attract women just based on your looks alone, your best option is to either win the lottery, or study to become a doctor or a lawyer. I say this because most women are extremely shallow, especially the ones who are above average in the looks department.

For every 1 down to earth female there are 10 conceited stuck up shallow ******* who only care about a guy's looks or a guy's bank account or both.
Please...men are the same way...or worse.

And see, as far you thinking attractive women are more "shallow", that's what society wants you to think. It's my pretty friends that are the most real and down-to-earth and the fat ugly ones are the shallow ones. Stop stereotyping the hot women. This is actually why many good hot women remain single their whole lives...b/c of the negative generalisations about them.

Personally for me, I'd rather be the one with the better job. Women are kicking butt in the workforce these days and I refuse to succumb to being a SAHM, just b/c that's what women are "supposed to do." I don't want anyone's $ but my own.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:

lol... This really is bitterness central.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
I think for people like that, it could be for any number of reasons, among them:

• Inability to relate to other people -- This doesn't need explanation
• Self-centeredness -- If it's all about you all the time, who wants to sign on for that?
• Perfectionism -- Imposing such rarefied standards on others that nobody could possibly fulfill them
• Pretty low standards in oneself -- Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to be with a lazy slob who doesn't respect himself or herself. For others to love you, you have to love yourself first
• Idealizing the other person, rather than seeing him/her as a real person -- Everybody wants to be adored. Nobody wants to be worshipped.
• Pushiness -- Two dates into the relationship and you're wanting exclusivity? Watch the other person run for his or her life.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Not true.

Look is only one aspect; women perceive looks very differently. Yes, it's sort of important, but not all that critical or a deal breaker so long as you don't weigh 300 lbs and shorter than 5 feet.

Having money does not get you anywhere unless you tattoo your balance on your forehead. Like I said, knowing how to create the illusion of having money will get you somewhere. Yet again, take me for example, I have more money than many guys, but girls would rather go with them than me, so what is wrong with me? This is a rhetorical question. You know what? Because it's not about money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships