Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:31 AM

851 posts, read 3,630,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Good post. Wish I knew all that stuff when I was younger.....
Never too late. I find out as I get older, I can meet even more women because many older ones wouldn't think I am too young anymore. :-) Young girls, 18-2x, have more energy but women at 2x-3x are more mature and experienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 06:31 PM

404 posts, read 702,421 times
So, all this looong post just to say you got a girlfriend with your first approach and you had no problem with women ever since?

Well good for you, I have tried many approaches, many advices, and I never had any success. So if you have any better advice than "approach women because it's no big deal", I'm all ears.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:02 PM

332 posts, read 645,141 times
Quote:
Getting a woman is not as hard as many guys think.
Sure it is very easy for any guy to get a woman who looks like this

But to get a woman who looks like this, the guy has to be either very good looking and or have alot of money. If you do not have either of those 2, it is going to be a very uphill battle trying to convince her to go out on a date with you.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
But to get a woman who looks like this, the guy has to be either very good looking and or have alot of money. If you do not have either of those 2, it is going to be a very uphill battle trying to convince her to go out on a date with you.
No true. If that's all you believe, well shame on you. :-) So what she's pretty? Just do this, and the more beautiful she is, the better it works:

Excerpt from my article:

1)Dismissing the Women’s Value of Sexuality

Men are visual animals – “He sees, he likes, he approaches, and he conquers.” It is very common that a man is drawn to a woman because of her beauty, a part of her sexuality. An SA understands that, in a woman, there is more than just beauty. He sees what he likes but he approaches with a frame of mind that he is seeking for more than her sexuality: her loving personality, intelligence, ability etc, all of which that define her as a wonderful woman.

“So you are sort of beautiful, but beauty is common, what else is great about you?” This question implies the woman’s particular beauty should not come with a premium by stating “beauty is common,” which in reality is a fallacy as being beautiful is a rare thing.

“I’ve dated a lot of beautiful girls, but many of them have nothing but their pretty faces. It gets very boring talking to them.” This statement implies that beauty is not something that the SA is after and carries little value to him. If beauty has any value, it helps to demonstrate his high value because “he dated a lot of beautiful girls.”

Old 03-12-2010, 08:40 PM

190 posts, read 494,034 times
As the OP stated, the right effort pays off. There are skills that can increase your chances of finding a significant other--if you desire this. If someone wants more date(s), but feel stuck--I have a few suggestions. For men, you first have to see women as human. Stop thinking they will reject you. Take them off the pedestal. Women need men as we need women. Second, see value in having relationships and being willing to work at establishing and maintaining them. The key to establishing a relationship is by first establishing rapport. How do you most easily establish rapport with a stranger? It works best when you are thrust together for a period of time, such as a long line at the DMV. Approaching women without being thrust together is much harder. You have less time for small talk--the avenue to connecting. Now, realize that you have only about 90 seconds to make a good impression. It begins with your attitude. You have to be in a decent mood and in emotional control--or detached from any expectation. Convince yourself that you only want to be friendly. Next, it is critical to catch her eyes with a smile. The smile has to feel real to you. Practice smiling in the mirror so it feels natural when you are thrust into situations where you might meet women. Give her attention like you find her interesting as a person, but don't gawk. Say "hello." She may not reply with a "hello," but many women will. The key is that you must take the initative; don't wait for others to so. People tend to follow others' lead and reciprocate behavior. Now that she sees you as a friendly stranger, you must start small talk. Watch her body language. Small talk gives both of you a chance to fish and determine if you have common attitudes, professions, values, etc. It is imperative that you begin asking open-ended questions. Ask these questions, but you must be attuned to her. Listen. Stay on topic and explore areas where she expresses heightened emotion. At times, you must empathize and add pieces of information about yourself. Give her a choice in the matter as well. As you speaking with her, watch her body language. Look for openness or defensiveness. Also, listen to her words. Determine how she is oriented to the world. Does she use visual or auditory descriptions. Synchronize with her. In many cases, this rapport building process will leave you both feeling comfortable enough to exchange phone numbers. Keep doing this until you get to a date or the stage in the relationship that suits the both of you. Expect rejection all along the way. You will get better, and you will find more compatible and available women with time. Take breaks. Above all, remember all you need is one good one, so practice building conversational skills.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:05 AM

332 posts, read 645,141 times
Quote:
No true.
Not true my azz. What would an ugly guy who makes less than 6 figures a year, have to offer to a beautiful woman anyways ? Stop giving those types of guys false hope.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:52 AM

404 posts, read 702,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
if you desire this. If someone wants more date(s), but feel stuck--I have a few suggestions. (....)
WOW... While I value your effort here galactic_hombre (at least you gave some non-generic advice, unlike the OP), there's now way I could remember all those things you said while speaking to a woman. Far too complicated to be of any real use...

Last edited by carra; 03-13-2010 at 05:03 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 07:02 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,263,993 times
Ah, some of us are good looking and have a decent job. We just refuse to change into what the stereotypical modern women want. 40 years ago guys like myself would have no problems with women. Now many of us are single. Odd, maybe but you have to wonder why your mother and grandmother were or still are married to these men? You have been married and divorced to many times to count. Look for the right guys ladies. We are out there and will approach you if you would be worth it and realize a good man when you see one!

Old 03-13-2010, 07:15 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,417,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
WOW... While I value your effort here galactic_hombre (at least you gave some non-generic advice, unlike the OP), there's now way I could remember all those things you said while speaking to a woman. Far too complicated to be of any real use...
It's too complicated to not treat a woman like a sex object?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Not true my azz. What would an ugly guy who makes less than 6 figures a year, have to offer to a beautiful woman anyways ? Stop giving those types of guys false hope.
You are giving too much value to her beauty. The real question should be "what can she offer me beside she's having a pretty face?"

Do you know most beautiful women are very annoyed because almost every guy sees them as pretty objects rather than a flesh and blood human being? Do you know they resent the fact that most guys are drawn to them purely for their superficial qualities?

Hot girls here get hit on like hundreds to thousands of times. Just think how annoying it is when people keep coming and telling you how beautiful you are. Flattering at first but after 10-20 times, it gets really old.

What if someone different comes along? Someone who says to her "what else do you have besides being somehow pretty?" How do you think she would react?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships