Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM

752 posts, read 2,087,136 times

Advertisements

I was referring to the 20-something male set when I ask this. I used to have a friend (no longer a friend, long story) who would debate this issue with me. I spent SO MUCH of my 20s wondering why I couldn't get a guy to give me the time of day...Now Im no longer single and over it, but sometimes I find myself reminiscing about the past alot i.e. "my single days" My single days were not happy because i felt I was not sought after. I saw guys my age going after women that I felt had nothing to offer someone. They were *******, dependent women, needy women, wom en with three kids by two different dads (is that possible? LOL) women who did drugs, worked as strippers, etc. So my question is what is it about worthless women that attracts twenty something men? I don't know. I asked my fiance and he said "It is because you're not easy. You've got values." My girl-friend at the time miught have said something similar. I am 32 right now. I ask this question not to bash men but because I'd like to get some answers on why guys never looked at me in my 20s much ( I did have what you call "platonic friends".) Yes I know I have heard men say that women are attracted to losers when they are young. There are worlds of men who will claim that women are attracted to worthless men when they are young, I know. Id just like some enlightenment on why society is the way it is. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
They look hot and do it a lot. The only requirements for most 20 something males.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,527,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I was referring to the 20-something male set when I ask this. I used to have a friend (no longer a friend, long story) who would debate this issue with me. I spent SO MUCH of my 20s wondering why I couldn't get a guy to give me the time of day...Now Im no longer single and over it, but sometimes I find myself reminiscing about the past alot i.e. "my single days" My single days were not happy because i felt I was not sought after. I saw guys my age going after women that I felt had nothing to offer someone. They were *******, dependent women, needy women, wom en with three kids by two different dads (is that possible? LOL) women who did drugs, worked as strippers, etc. So my question is what is it about worthless women that attracts twenty something men? I don't know. I asked my fiance and he said "It is because you're not easy. You've got values." My girl-friend at the time miught have said something similar. I am 32 right now. I ask this question not to bash men but because I'd like to get some answers on why guys never looked at me in my 20s much ( I did have what you call "platonic friends".) Yes I know I have heard men say that women are attracted to losers when they are young. There are worlds of men who will claim that women are attracted to worthless men when they are young, I know. Id just like some enlightenment on why society is the way it is. Thanks.
26/m here and I'll say there is no logic behind it whatsoever. Guys go after a variety of girls for a million different reasons. Some because they are easy, some because they are pretty, some because they are ugly and the guy knows she'll put out, and some because she has a car and a job because he's a bum.

In your case, if you really weren't having any luck with the boys, it was something you were doing. Trust me, guys go for any girl with a working vagina and two legs, hell two legs aren't even a prerequisite for some guys.

Anyway, it was certainly something you were doing, men aren't hard to catch.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:

Aren't you being a little judgemental here? Obviously some of these women had something to offer for these men to go after them.
To be honest, I don't have the balls to call anyone "worthless", that's not up to me to decide.
So I don't have an answer for you, aside for my idea that you probably weren't doing something right to attract men.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,429 times
I've never been attracted to the women you list, not in my 20s, and not now (I'm also 32). There was the odd very pretty girl who I would be initially attracted to, but if she turned out to have any of the flaws you mentioned I'd quickly run in the opposite direction.

From what I've observed of other guys I would say that guys who go for worthless girls do so for the same reason girls go for worthless guys. They're immature, don't think they deserve better, or think someone who isn't hell to deal with isn't exciting or a challenge.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
I think it's two things: Sex and the knight-in-shining-armor syndrome.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:19 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Aren't you being a little judgemental here? Obviously some of these women had something to offer for these men to go after them.
To be honest, I don't have the balls to call anyone "worthless", that's not up to me to decide.
So I don't have an answer for you, aside for my idea that you probably weren't doing something right to attract men.
I know really.... Sounds like the green eyed monster is rearing it's ugly head.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Its just projected frustration about an element that is still emotionally and intellectually affected the op. Those women made her feel worthless in her 20's. She is not over that yet.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:28 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
It is not just men in their twenties who like women like this. My father works with plenty of men in their 30's, 40's and 50's(with high salaries as well) who seem to cannot get enough of these types of women. What makes it even worse is these men will shame other man, because they want nothing to do with these women.

Sadly, I have had many women, like the ones you described, hit on me. Matter fact, just yesterday, a "bad girl" flat out said she should have just chose me, and then asked if I had health insurance. I guess they think non-badboys like badgirls, that is not the case with me.
And as for is it possible for a woman to have three kids with two different fathers, oh it is possible. I had a friend, whose mother had eight children by seven different men.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,032 times
When the objective is sex -- which, for most young men it is -- then men pursue the things that reward their efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships