Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times

Advertisements

Yes, I've seen a guy and the hormones sat up and went, "Yum!" very loudly. However, I never acted on that impulse.

Women in general don't do enough screening before they accept a man into their lives. I've been guilty of this myself a number of times.

I'm not sure that communication is always the key. I had a boyfriend once who would willingly spend hours arguing with me! Sure, we were communicating, but it was exhausting. Often, it never solved anything. After a while, there were just certain subjects we would never discuss. Not the greatest solution, but it was better than going around in circles constantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM

67 posts, read 243,710 times
Twinkle Toes, Your my kind of gal!!!!!!!!!! lol
Why guess and waste time when you can tell it like it is. As a man, Girls, If you know what you want, It's our pleasure to give it to you and then some. after all sometimes we ( men ) can be soooo close, but, sooo far away.....Not to menchin, It's a WOMAN that makes us a better man! Let's Dance!!!!! :-) Woodz

Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodzman View Post
Twinkle Toes, Your my kind of gal!!!!!!!!!! lol
Why guess and waste time when you can tell it like it is. As a man, Girls, If you know what you want, It's our pleasure to give it to you and then some. after all sometimes we ( men ) can be soooo close, but, sooo far away.....Not to menchin, It's a WOMAN that makes us a better man! Let's Dance!!!!! :-) Woodz
Promises, promises!

Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Yes, absofreakinglutely! Wanted to but didn't do it.

I would like a guy who wants to spend time with me. I would like to be more important that Star Trek reruns. I know, that's asking for a lot!

Communication and KINDNESS!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:19 AM

78 posts, read 191,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

I would like a guy who wants to spend time with me. I would like to be more important that Star Trek reruns. I know, that's asking for a lot!

In Star Trek's defense, I'd like it to be almost as important as me :P I love Star Trek lol!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,597 times
I know men have but have women ever seen a man that you just wanna take home and just have sex with? (Kinda the same way guys do.....)

Love to look but never touch

Many times I've seen where couples break up because "the boyfriend" isn't what she expected him to be. So, what is it that you as women really expect from a guy?

sometimes it depends on your age and where you are in life. These things have always been consistent 1) respect 2) consideration 3) to be the only one 4) great listener and communicator 5) shared goals 6) shared interests 7) educated 8) a gentleman etc.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:49 PM

74 posts, read 267,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
I agree with EdieGirl I think she hit it dead on. I have to tell you about a guy that works with us who is trying to figure it out. We work in a doctors office there are 12 girls here. Let me tell you about "the guy" or Dr. he is a nice guy, but let me tell what he says or does that is such a turn off that there isn't one girl that we know that will date him. First when he meets a girl he will start to make her things like, jewelery boxes, or carve a poem in glass for her. Yes, I know that sounds romantic, but get to know her first don't overwhelm her, and don't brag that you do exotic wood working (it sounds like your gay), don't call the cops because someone bumped your car and only you can tell, or some old lady cuts you off and gives you the finger (you really look like a wimp). If your in a dangerous situation then call the police. Believe me all 12 of us girls agree, don't smother us let us get to know you, and please don't act like a wimp. It is a big turn off when we feel like we could "take you down." I hope this will help, I know this sounds mean but it is the Real Truth at least from all 12 girls here.
I feel it for the poor guy.......I bet he's sitting at home wondering why women ain't showering him with love. WHat I think though is that you or a few of the females should take him out to lunch and chat with him. Let him know these things that you see and maybe he can have some better luck.

Try it!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm not sure that communication is always the key. I had a boyfriend once who would willingly spend hours arguing with me! Sure, we were communicating, but it was exhausting. Often, it never solved anything. After a while, there were just certain subjects we would never discuss. Not the greatest solution, but it was better than going around in circles constantly.
Just sharing my teenage knowledge......

Communication is more than just talking, exchanging words. It also includes coming to an understanding or an agreement among other things. Getting a message or a point across, that's the main idea of communication. Yes, arguments can be exhausting, but even during an argument, if you listen to what the next person is saying or in some cases yelling, you'll gain an understanding of there position and then effectively make a decision.

Now I know some people might say "But I do listen.....", but you need to take in consideration that hearing and registering the information is totally different from just hearing it......

Old 06-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

Point to note.......

Buy him Tivo and then get that KY Warming Gel like the add............LOL

Old 06-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
I know men have but have women ever seen a man that you just wanna take home and just have sex with? (Kinda the same way guys do.....)

Love to look but never touch

Many times I've seen where couples break up because "the boyfriend" isn't what she expected him to be. So, what is it that you as women really expect from a guy?

sometimes it depends on your age and where you are in life. These things have always been consistent 1) respect 2) consideration 3) to be the only one 4) great listener and communicator 5) shared goals 6) shared interests 7) educated 8) a gentleman etc.
I think you're right about almost except one......to be the only one.......

Women need to realise that men operate visually. They go after the pretty things. So look at it......if you're a woman who dresses low key all the time then he's gonna look away. You have to hold his attention in vice-grip, so that when he sees some other chick and his homeboys go: "damn that's fiiiiine"..... he'll go......**** I got that at home already dawg!

Keep it hot nack home so he has no reason whatsoever to go outside unless there's something he wants you to do and you don't get down like that.....

Feel me???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships