Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's funny, because back in my bar/club days, I'd find that every so often a shorter-than-average man would come up and start talking. The the average average man is usually too concerned with what his friends will think about his female companion to pick out someone "different", but the short guy is already on a different playing field and so was more likely to take a risk. I found that psychologically interesting.
Thats because the short guy is shorter than most women. So his thinking is "I don't give a rats patoot what others think, I'm gonna try anyway."

Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,376,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
oh no you diint.........
yeah, but you know I'm only bustin' chops. I don't expect all men to be into tall chicks. Different strokes for different folks...that's what makes the world go round!

Old 11-17-2009, 01:52 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
yeah, but you know I'm only bustin' chops. I don't expect all men to be into tall chicks. Different strokes for different folks...that's what makes the world go round!
You're right. Only real men are into tall chicks.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:31 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,663,905 times
I am not man enough, I admit it. I am also 6'5"

I do love women who are between 5'9" and 6' though. Very nice.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,474,645 times
I'd been married to a 5'3" woman (now divorced but not because of the height) and dated mainly average size women apart from her- maybe between 5'2" and 5'6".

I never really made height much of an issue - more into beauty, brains and a decent personality than how many inches but then I met my current wife - a 5'11" former college basketball center and still meets the other criteria. I'll have to say that I'm now completely hooked on very tall chicks. It's wonderful to have a woman right near your eye level when you're on a walk and talking to her or have her lips right there for kissing when you're dancing.

Also, tall women tend to have big feet (or I should say "proportional feet"). This is great when you go somewhere and forget your tennis shoes - you can borrow hers (... and I have). She doesn't really like to wear high heels or platforms but I encourage her to when we go to any sort of swanky place or exuberant place like a mardi gras event in Galveston or NO. We get all kind of looks with me just short of 6'5" in my bare feet and her in heels at the same height. It's even cooler now because she's wearing her hair in a modified Afro which makes her even taller, think a 70's-vintage Pam Grier as Foxxy Brown. Heads turn everywhere.

I've grown to like the advantages and thrills of tall women so much I think I'd be even willing to date a taller woman than myself- like a 6'8" WNBA center, as long as she had other good attributes. Of course, I'm just fine with the wife- no problem settling with shortie 5'11". :-)

Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 PM

393 posts, read 1,495,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I hear ya, Frisky. I am 6' 1/2" tall barefoot.

By the way, the correct answer to the ever-so-obnoxious "do you play basketball?" question is "No, are you a jockey?"
Bwahaha! I am about your height, by the way. I wish I was clever enough back in grade school to have comebacks like this handy whenever someone sneered at my height. I was called "stork", "tall a$$", and "giant" among other things. They weren't too creative.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:55 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,864,984 times
I'm 5'10" and love high (very high) heels. My husband is 5'9" and loves it that I'm tall and don't feel weird in heels. It's just not an issue for us.

I have another friend who is 6'1" and her DH is 5'7" -- again, not an issue.

And yes, even though I'm under 6 feet, I got the basketball question all the time. Geesh!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:22 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,106,542 times
I'm 6'3 and wonder what it'd be like to date a female that's 6'0-6'1. As long as she's thick and physically fit, we both were compatible then I wouldn't make a big deal of her height.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:17 PM

855 posts, read 1,381,561 times
I am more than man enough to date a tall woman, I love them. With me being only 5.5, it's not even remotely an issue whether she's taller than me, but more women are insecure and have hangups about dating shorter guys. Besides, I love long legs and elegant, elongated, nicely pedicured feet. I can understand that women have a natural, evolutionary preference for the taller guy because of the so called "need" to feel protected. I don't agree with this theory because I've met tougher men that were my height and shorter who could take down men more than twice their size. It has nothing to do with aggressive short man syndrome or trying to making myself bigger to compensate for my lack of height either, but everything to do with standing up for ones self and not allowing to be disrespected by taller people who feel that the world belongs to them.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,236,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Tall women don't really do anything for me (and those are two very unattractive people in that picture btw) although I'd probably drool over Gabriel Reece.

I tend to like petite girls, especially ones I can pick up easily and carry up a flight of stairs into the bedroom. That said, if a 6' beauty sidled up to me, I wouldn't chase her away.

Dude, I could pick up King Kong Bundy right now and carry him up the stairs if he wasn't a man!LMAO....... I'm not missing any chances,it's been too long! King Kong Bundy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.