Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 PM

382 posts, read 758,203 times

Advertisements

At this age you should be worried about your studies, not about dating. You'll have plenty of time to regret even having thought about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 02:15 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAppleBee View Post
Do you think this is strange? WIll I change as I get older? Thank you so much for your advice and opinions!
Nope, not at all. It sure beats those who always have to be in a relationship. At least you are giving yourself a chance to make your own life while you are young and do the things YOU want to do.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Here's my situation: I am 20 years old and in my third year of college. I've only been in a relationship (if you'd even call it that) for about a month in 2008. I have very few guy friends, but they're only friends.

See, I'm not interested in dating at all right now. Not at all. I feel that most guys (not all guys!) my age are still very immature and impulsive. It seems like they're mostly after sex. Don't get me wrong, I am attracted to guys... It's just that dating does not appeal to me at all right now. I haven't met a guy where I thought "Wow, I could totally see myself with this guy!" I'm also shy, but I do know what I want (I think) in the person I would date.

I am a very independent person and I would love to do lots of traveling (get into travel nursing) before I settle down in my life. I guess it's sort of beneficial that I'm not interested in dating in this respect, right? haha

Do you think this is strange? WIll I change as I get older? Thank you so much for your advice and opinions!

Hi JayAppleBee,

If you do like men, then try slightly older like 2-6 years. I was 22-24 my last years at college; and I remember 2 things, bloody snot on the wall of a freshman dorm, and that I would invite women to my place for dinner and conversation. An idiot is an idiot, but it might help.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,215 times
I'm in the same boat! I'm 20 years old, I dated one guy (for a month and a half) and went on a date with another guy, who really only wanted to get me in his bed. Before that I never really had any major crushes and now I'm completely turned off dating. I am really happy to be single but no one else seems to understand that you can be happy without a significant other. I'd eventually like to settle down, but I'm much too focused on other things right now like school and travelling etc. I've got quite a few guy friends and I'm always worried that we won't be able to stay just friends for long. I must say that I've become a master at "friendzoning", which is not something to brag about. I'm interested to know if you met someone who changed your feelings?

Old 01-21-2015, 04:02 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Here's my situation: I am 20 years old and in my third year of college. I've only been in a relationship (if you'd even call it that) for about a month in 2008. I have very few guy friends, but they're only friends.

See, I'm not interested in dating at all right now. Not at all. I feel that most guys (not all guys!) my age are still very immature and impulsive. It seems like they're mostly after sex. Don't get me wrong, I am attracted to guys... It's just that dating does not appeal to me at all right now. I haven't met a guy where I thought "Wow, I could totally see myself with this guy!" I'm also shy, but I do know what I want (I think) in the person I would date.

I am a very independent person and I would love to do lots of traveling (get into travel nursing) before I settle down in my life. I guess it's sort of beneficial that I'm not interested in dating in this respect, right? haha

No, not strange. Very sensible. However, don't overlook the shy guys. Some of them can be not-impulsive, and interested in a solid relationship with a sensible, together woman.

edit: oops. Old thread. Oh well.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:35 PM

94 posts, read 89,240 times
Quote:

I was exactly the same way when I was 20 Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders - move at your own pace, certainly nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:46 PM

356 posts, read 365,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanana22 View Post
I'm in the same boat! I'm 20 years old, I dated one guy (for a month and a half) and went on a date with another guy, who really only wanted to get me in his bed. Before that I never really had any major crushes and now I'm completely turned off dating. I am really happy to be single but no one else seems to understand that you can be happy without a significant other. I'd eventually like to settle down, but I'm much too focused on other things right now like school and travelling etc. I've got quite a few guy friends and I'm always worried that we won't be able to stay just friends for long. I must say that I've become a master at "friendzoning", which is not something to brag about. I'm interested to know if you met someone who changed your feelings?
Yes focus on school and have fun travel etc etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships