Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:49 PM

599 posts, read 693,176 times

Advertisements

Single Moms need love too and don't expect for you to pay our way, we're strong and independent because we have to be. I just don't understand why some or most men hate dating a single mom especially if she is attractive. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 07:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Single Moms need love too and don't expect for you to pay our way, we're strong and independent because we have to be. I just don't understand why some or most men hate dating a single mom especially if she is attractive. I don't get it.
It's not the mom I have a problem with at all. It's the presence of the kid that is a dealbreaker for me personally speaking. Mind you, I was raised in a single mother home and know firsthand they have the hardest jobs in the world.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:54 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
For me the only reasons are just that I didn't want kids myself and I hated the lack of spontaneity....... I never really had an issue with the kids themselves or even had any issues with the dads either.

My mom was a single mother as my parents divorced when I was 1 or so and my dad wasn't around all that much as I was growing up.

I get the struggle single mothers go thru.

I also see both sides of the picture, being the kid and seeing men come around my mom and also being an adult man dating single mothers.....

Old 03-28-2014, 07:56 PM

599 posts, read 693,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It's not the mom I have a problem with at all. It's the presence of the kid that is a dealbreaker for me personally speaking. Mind you, I was raised in a single mother home and know firsthand they have the hardest jobs in the world.
Ok,, so why does a presence of a kid puts you off?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Ok,, so why does a presence of a kid puts you off?
I don't like children. That's all.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Kids make it difficult even before you meet them. Instead of trying to match schedules with one person, now it's with multiple people.

Probably no matter HOW great your kids are, going out to ChuckECheese is not going to be on most people's To Do List. Not nearly as romantic having to keep your sex life on quiet mode or waking up for a post coital breakfast with kids watching cartoons.

It's hardly an ideal situation for most.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-28-2014, 08:07 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Kids make it difficult even before you meet them. Instead of trying to match schedules with one person, now it's with multiple people.

Probably no matter HOW great your kids are, going out to ChuckECheese is not going to be on most people's To Do List. Not nearly as romantic having to keep your sex life on quiet mode or waking up for a post coital breakfast with kids watching cartoons.

It's hardly an ideal situation for most.

Perfect way of saying it.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:16 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,925 times
They probably don't want to deal with all those other people attached to the kid or kids, namely the ex.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
The whole social/economic thing is the real kicker. I always see personal ads with women saying I’m not looking for a father. The kicker is should the relationship become long-term you’re going to be a father by proxy. I’m not a spring chicken anymore and have no desire to raise someone else’s kids.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
I am dating a single mom and we make it work but her kid is almost a teenager so he can be left alone while she comes to my place for a few hours. The kid also visits the extended family a lot. If it were not for all those circumstances the relationship would probably not work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships