Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:23 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times

Advertisements

Does that answer your question ?

It should.

It sounds like you have no respect at all for them, and are just seeing it as an opportunity for a fumble.

Glad I don't have friends like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
I'm not in love with her at all and would never be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 08:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Does that answer your question ?

It should.

It sounds like you have no respect at all for them, and are just seeing it as an opportunity for a fumble.

Glad I don't have friends like you.
Be not so harsh! He was simply thinking out loud and positing a scenario. His question has been answered and no doubt he'll heed the given advice. He doesn't sound like a complete idiot.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
I think if you are honest with yourself you'll realize that you weren't really buddies, you were just waiting for her to break up with her boyfriend.

If you try to create a casual sexual relationship that fun, relaxed relationship with a deep undertone of sexual tension will be gone. Either give her a real shot or keep it tucked unless you don't mind her extraction from your life.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 AM

917 posts, read 2,948,314 times
As a girl, I'm telling you it will completely change the dynamic of your friendship in a way you probably don't want. Girls are just not wired the same way and it's much more likely (although not guaranteed) that she will develop feelings that you won't reciprocate. You'll lose your friend and the sex.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
You need to see how things are between you and her.

I would say things like, "Any guy would be lucky to have you. Heck! I wish I could be that guy." Or something like that.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
I truly don't know. She says I'm cute all of the time, but that could be just her giving me compliments as a friend. While drunk the other day she did ask, "Do you think I'm attractive" in a weird and shy kind of way. Not sure what that was all about.

Exactly. The whole thing is fraught with peril.
If she didn't say those things to you while completely sober, I'd stay away from the FWB thing...

Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
It will destroy your friendship, trust me..Don't do it

Old 03-22-2010, 09:54 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Read the original post again, carefully.

Isolate the sentiment, and feeling, and emotion which went into the composition, and then come back and tell me I'm being harsh.

Maybe the OP has worded it incorrectly, but the word springing to my mind is "creep".
it doesn't seem to be written by someone who cares about another human, as a "friend" should. instead, a selfish person, looking to take advantage of another's vulnerability.

Sorry, I just call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Be not so harsh! He was simply thinking out loud and positing a scenario. His question has been answered and no doubt he'll heed the given advice. He doesn't sound like a complete idiot.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM

1,719 posts, read 4,182,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Read the original post again, carefully.

Isolate the sentiment, and feeling, and emotion which went into the composition, and then come back and tell me I'm being harsh.

Maybe the OP has worded it incorrectly, but the word springing to my mind is "creep".
it doesn't seem to be written by someone who cares about another human, as a "friend" should. instead, a selfish person, looking to take advantage of another's vulnerability.
Her ex-boyfriend and her seem to be on good terms. He even helped her move some things into her new place. She has been hanging out with other dudes. I know she has a new makeout buddy. She is not "vulnerable" or emotional at all.

And no, I wasn't waiting for her to break up with her boyfriend. I actually like the guy and was hoping they could work it out (which didn't happen). And, I am dead serious when I said I have not had these sexual feelings until recently. It just hit me several days ago how I wouldn't mind doing the girl. It's strange.

Thanks for the advice and such.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:46 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You need to see how things are between you and her.

I would say things like, "Any guy would be lucky to have you. Heck! I wish I could be that guy." Or something like that.
oooohhhhh---if he said that, knowing that he has already said he could never be in love with her, then feelings could be seriously hurt.

'Some' people are more resilient and if both parties assessed the risks in advance a la an episode of Seinfeld or perhaps after a viewing of 'My Best Friend's Wedding' --then possibly this is doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships