Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:19 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
To answer your questions:

1. What's my opinion of this lifestyle/ how do I feel about women who do this? Well, I believe that one way to measure your self-worth is by what you do in your life (career). With that being said, trophy wives/ trophy GFs, in my eyes, are what I called...

Legal prostitutes/ pretty semen storages. Seriously, what else are they good for to their BFs/ husbands?

2. Could I see myself in this lifestyle? Why or why not? No, again, see answer #1.

Proud semen storage here! No career and I try and look hot along side my husband!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i should be grateful. i do not attract trophy girls. i would be so broke if i did. i am however a cat magnet.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:22 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
A lot of random character assassination on this thread. I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, there's a tinge of envy involved?

I, for one, married a trophy wife. Of course, I married her when I was 28. Boy did I ever outkick my coverage when I bamboozled her into saying I Do.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I live in one of the Trophy Wife capitals of America. It's a real phenomenon.
Coming from the West, I too noticed that the Southeast has a debutante, decoration on a man's arms mentality in many women, though, you're right, some of them are ornery and pushy in a Southern way. As an extreme, the women in the upper states of the West Coast are more concerned with the lastest Birkenstock and Subaru designs and couldn't care less about the appearance they make for their husbands, if they even have one.

From what you said, cpg, your wife leaves the house to go to work. Trophies go to the day spa, do lunch, and have their nails done.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
It seems that the prevalent opinions among men is that trophy wives are conniving ******* who pretend to be dumb, snag rich husbands, and then take all their money, while women tend to believe that trophy wives are humilated, abused, then dumped by the wayside sometime in their 40s. Or maybe those were the second-most-prevalent opions. There were a lot of accusations of whoredom in there.

If both parties are nice to one another, I don't knock the lifestyle. I don't see a whole lot wrong with being a professional wife ... isn't that what housewives are? They get paid to keep an attractive home, cook meals, do laundry, be the social hostess by writing letters and organizing parties ... all things that contribute to their husband's personal comfort and appearance among friends. In return, the wife has a home, food to eat, clothes to wear, and so on. Is a housewife a prostitute? I know some people will say yes.

If the arrangement between two people works for them, leave them alone.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Their goal is to be successful by being with a man who is successful and they have studied and observed what it takes to capture such a man. They know what they can do as women and how to manipulate a man.

They know that the first thing that is important is to enhance and preserve their image. It is of premium value. They work out, get necessary cosmetic surgery done, spend above their means or use gift money, never let themselves go or “look averageâ€, wear the best and right clothes, hire hairstylists/manicurists/etc and keep appointments. Again, this becomes a full time job and they make it a point to hang out at all the spots that feature successful and wealthy men...they get to know the right people as well. They might even modify their behavior and become what some call “dumb foxes†- women who appear to be mild, dumb and harmless but have sly and cunning intentions.
Pretty much sounds like the strategy that has been around for ever.
Women have been defined only by their husbands. Want to be successful, bag a successful man. How, looks, charm and demeanor.

Quote:
What are your opinions on this type of lifestyle/objective? As a woman, could you see yourself going this route to get what you desired? Why or why not? How do you feel about other women who do this?
I dont care how others chose to live. I dont see myself doing it because im getting older and set in my ways. If I could turn back time, yeah maybe. All the ideal love and for better or worse is a giant dung pile. Too many couples struggle, become unhappy and end in divorce so why not marry for financial security.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
My hubby calls me his trophy wife....I don't get offended because I know what he means by it so I guess it would depend on your definition. I don't depend on him financially we depend on eachother so i'm not the desperate housewife type but like somone else said.....you can dress up hooker but she'd still be a hooker she'd just be dressed nicer

Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,046 times
Look, all I am saying is that a woman has GOT to have a career in order to increase her stats in society. Looks can go away, but your intelligence and your career will stay with you long after your looks start to deteriorate.

Besides, there is ALWAYS someone out there that looks hotter than your "trophy" wife. So, I think it's only deserving for a woman to have a career to "differentiate" herself from the other "hotties" out there.

Come on! Honestly, I refuse to be judged by the hotness level. Be irreplacable, and go out there and get educated!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Look, all I am saying is that a woman has GOT to have a career in order to increase her stats in society. Looks can go away, but your intelligence and your career will stay with you long after your looks start to deteriorate.

Besides, there is ALWAYS someone out there that looks hotter than your "trophy" wife. So, I think it's only deserving for a woman to have a career to "differentiate" herself from the other "hotties" out there.

Come on! Honestly, I refuse to be judged by the hotness level. Be irreplacable, and go out there and get educated!
Totally agree w/you......Education one of, if not the, most important things in life.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i should be grateful. i do not attract trophy girls. i would be so broke if i did. i am however a cat magnet.
Has Mr. Cat been hittin' on ya, Huck???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships