Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:39 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the responses on both sides..

I only have one picture listed on Match because when I went on the first time, I got so many stupid azz emails containing remarks about my girls which were barely out there. So this time I put a full picture up so you can see the whole package but not revealing except that I'm top heavy.

I never even brought up the fact that I was a dancer. It was only our second date. That's really none of his business until we got serious anyways.

There was a mutual attraction on both sides and not just mine. The couple kisses were just that: simple kisses. As far as I know, he's alive as he's been active on Match so oh well..Just thought I'd give an update on what ended up happening with him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post

I only have one picture listed on Match because when I went on the first time, I got so many stupid azz emails containing remarks about my girls which were barely out there. So this time I put a full picture up so you can see the whole package but not revealing except that I'm top heavy.

I never even brought up the fact that I was a dancer. It was only our second date. That's really none of his business until we got serious anyways.

There was a mutual attraction on both sides and not just mine. The couple kisses were just that: simple kisses. As far as I know, he's alive as he's been active on Match so oh well..Just thought I'd give an update on what ended up happening with him...
I think a first kiss needs to be "special"...certainly not in a car. That just sounds like a guy looking to see how far he can get. I'd say you are better off without him sista. As a couple of others said, if he had really been taken with you, he would have already planned a 3rd date.

NEXT!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:37 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
How come you guys coddle her? Seriously, you guys need to tell her what she needs to hear, not what she wants.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
How come you guys coddle her? Seriously, you guys need to tell her what she needs to hear, not what she wants.
and what is that sir?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
He spend 100$ because he wanted to use you for a bang...You just missed out on a problem.
When I was actively dating, I was looking for LTR and the money spent was academic. However, I was definitely looking for a spark and had a number of "one and done" dates with gals where there wasn't one.

I don't know how flirty or friendly things got or the vibe but if it ended with a simple peck on the 2nd date I might figure that the gal is not that interested or being a bit frosty etc.

I'm not looking to get horizontal but some passionate kisses at the end of a
2nd (or first) date would be nice. This discussion seems to have focused in on either giving up very little versus full on sex when in reality isn't there some middle ground?

One gf I had when I returned to dating and I were VERY interested in each other from the start and ended our first date making out for 1/2 an hour after dinner and drinks...strictly first base stuff. By date 6-7 then yeah, it was on....so that's kinda what I'm talking about. Perhaps I'm missed the memo that there are other no other options besides strike out and homerun.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Ep- wrote:
Quote:
and what is that sir?
That's also how that question struck me. I think she sounds like an interesting person and I haven't felt any negative feelings about any of her posts at all.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

I think you are taking the right attitude and I am a firm believer that sometimes things don't work out for a reason. There is a ton of hit and miss with on-line dating but you seem to be following a good approach, don't get discouraged and best of luck.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Jsizzle-LOL--I said I welcome both sides. I guess he wasn't feeling it. Maybe I should have shoved my tongue down his throat to at least gotten some action LOL..Oh well..Next

Old 03-25-2010, 04:24 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
This whole dating business is really soo different over here. I can't recall ever ever spending $100 [roughly £60] on a girl that I barely know. It's unheard of here if you are a normal working class man going out with a normal working class woman.

When I met my new girl, who coincidently is Canadian, we just met up at a coffee house and chatted away. I paid for both our drinks which wasnt more than a couple of quids, but we had a great time. I would never ever spend 60 quid on someone I barely know. And the women here are on the same page as we are.... Unbelievable, Jeff. Shows the different mentality we have here.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
So match boy has not responded to my texts or phone calls. I have NO idea of what happened. We had a great second date. However, I feel it might have to do with the fact that he went in for a kiss, which I did give him, but I didn't get my tongue involved. It was just an awkward location (in my car). Now normally I have no problem with an in car makeout but I really would have preferred our first real kiss to be outside of the car where he can hug me (nice big body). I was thinking of taking him to dinner on Friday and seeing what happens there but I guess not now. I'm thinking it maybe came down to the fact that he spent $100 that evening and all he got was a couple lip kisses??

I don't get it..If you give it up too easily, you're a hoe. If you behave, you're prude.
If I were him, I'd figure that you are not attracted to him. Men are sexual creatures. If he doesn't have a little "something" wild and crazy to look forward to, then he has no reason to come back. This is a concept that lots of women cannot wrap their heads around. Men want it. All the time. Everywhere. If you don't offer a hint of a promise of "things to come" then they will start shopping elsewhere.

You can't change human nature.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships