Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,447 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of narssiscism on here....

People labling others as "nut jobs", "cougars" painting up others as "unstable" etc...

They are people too, we have ALL screwed up and made bad choices..

We have ALL been heart broken...

We have ALL had sillie crushes....

and we are ALL the same on the inside, so don't play the age card etc.

I feel there are some jealouse and insecure people being the condescending ones.

BUT dont get me wrong, I have only been on here for a few days and the majority on here are absolute gems.

I guess most of the forums I visit have cleaned up abusiveness, but there are a few on here, so lets hash this issue out for the sake of the ones doing it, because they really are only hurting and fooling THEMSELVES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 12:08 PM

191 posts, read 349,673 times
CD seems pretty gentle and G-rated compared to what I'm used to seeing. Just my opinion.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,238 times
Just opinions.
Simply that.
Sometimes they offend, but if the person has that view they have their reasons.
Not that I condone it, but no need to censor it.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Yes, you are new here and you have posted in threads that are follow up posts to previous threads by the same OP on the same issue so the 'judgement 'you may see may be a result from a longer discussion than you may be privy to. Additionally, people openly express their interpretations and opinions on their own experiences and it is just a barrage of different kinds of information which the OP simply needs to sort out. You will find very few threads of cooing and hand holding over issues and if that's what a person is looking for then a public forum isn't the place to air your laundry.

You haven't been here long and yet you just started a thread of assumptions and judgements yourself...that's a bit hypocritical.

There have also been multiple threads on the same subject with the same people and, again, back information you haven't been privy to at this point.

When you post on a public forum there is good, there's bad and there is downright ugly - but it's not a warm fuzzy blanket all the time.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 PM

I guess, but being passive agressive like that, they are only hurting and cheating themsleves.

If this is a forum to support each other, that is one issue I want to help people out with.

Then they can be free to love and heal, when they stop kidding themselves by judging everybody else.

I wouldn't even be suprised if one of them already read this and cried.

No one in the judgmental catagory will probly respond to this thread, but hopefully they will read it so they can get oer it and get better.

Being judgemental is a prison of hell..... I know, because years ago I used to be there.

My grandmother is there right now, and everytime she opens her mouth, everyone cringes...

Let it go and let love in!

That is what we need on this planet, we all need to love ourselves and love each other better, and we ARE big time!

There are barley any straglers left, this world becomes more beautiful and full of love every day.... humanity is growing up BIG time! <3

Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
I guess, but being passive agressive like that, they are only hurting and cheating themsleves.

If this is a forum to support each other, that is one issue I want to help people out with.

Then they can be free to love and heal, when they stop kidding themselves by judging everybody else.

No one in the judgmental catagory will probly respond to this thread, but hopefully they will read it so they can get oer it and get better.

Being judgemental is a prison of hell..... I know, because year ago I used to be there.

That is what we need on this planet, we all need to love ourselves and love each other better, and we ARE big time!

There are barley any stragler left, this world becomes more beautiful and full of love every day.... humanity is growing up BIG time! <3
It's a forum to discuss things - doesn't mean it's a forum to 'support' people and their unwise decisions.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It's a forum to discuss things - doesn't mean it's a forum to 'support' people and their unwise decisions.

you dont have to support unwise decisions, but people have enough abuse, time for us to grow up as a collective..

Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Loving our fellow humans instead of judging them and looking down on them is finally being tried out on a large scale, no one is obligated, but once everyone jumps on board, all the complaining can stop and we can have a pretty bright future.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post

Being judgemental is a prison of hell..... I know, because years ago I used to be there.

My grandmother is there right now, and everytime she opens her mouth, everyone cringes...

There are barley any straglers left, this world becomes more beautiful and full of love every day.... humanity is growing up BIG time! <3
I make it a point to accept that life is never easy, and there are persons of all sorts in life.

A bigoted person is one less I deal with . But I still respect his/her right to their opinions. The last I heard, people in the USA still had freedom of speech. People may be pissed with Obama for the health care plan, but he hasn't asked Congress to change the Bill of Rights yet.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:23 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Ok

Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
Please. None of us are unique and we've all made mistakes. Everything you've done has been done before and will be done again by millions of people. What may seem judgmental to you (or anyone with a wounded ego) is a been-there-done-that response because once again, nothing is unique anymore. It's very easy to post the truth as one sees it online, I do believe that's the whole point of posting on a forum. I've been beaten up pretty badly on a thread about myself before, but after taking a few days to let my ego simmer down, I actually learned a lot.

If it upsets you when other people read about your issues and have a different take on things than what you have, don't post a thread asking for advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships