Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:27 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
So, I'm totally confused. (nothing new there! ) I don't know if the women are supposed to say what their biggest complaint is, or if the men are supposed to say what they get nagged about.

Since I'm a woman...
I get my panties in a knot if anyone (man or woman) says, "That's just the way I am!" So what you're really saying is, "I'm not even gonna try to change. I know this is hurting our relationship, but it's your problem, not mine! Love me or leave me!"
I'm not saying the person has to totally change his/her personality, just round the edges a little for the one you supposedly love.
So basically, your saying, your biggest complaint is...men tying your panties in knots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
I don't have a problem with someone helping me however I am not going to pretend I can't do it for myself, there is a difference.

If a man I was dating wanted to mow the lawn for me, then I would let him.

I am pretty independent but I am not SO independent that I would get up and mow the lawn while a man was at my house...thats just strange.

If a man is so insecure that my being independent would be immasculating for him then he needs to keep walkin, I'm tired of babysitting men who are like that...I'm better off alone.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:13 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I don't have a problem with someone helping me however I am not going to pretend I can't do it for myself, there is a difference.

I am pretty independent but I am not SO independent that I would get up and mow the lawn while a man was at my house...thats just strange.

If a man is so insecure that my being independent would be immasculating for him then he needs to keep walkin, I'm tired of babysitting men who are like that...I'm better off alone.
From a mans point of view , you make a lot of sense. And , If a women wanted to come over and mow MY lawn, I would say " Go at it " !........I would be thinking of a way to express my gratitude......and if that bothers a gal , then maybe SHE should just keep walking.....I don't own a lawn mower , and never have !

Old 06-08-2007, 12:55 PM

47 posts, read 39,254 times
I don't know of any man who wants a woman to be completely dependent on them. I am one of those women who is able to take care of herself and do the things around my house that need to be done. Yet, if a nice gentleman wants to come and mow my yard......I'll be more than happy to allow it. And summertime is coming, grass is growing wild

Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtpolly View Post
I don't know of any man who wants a woman to be completely dependent on them. I am one of those women who is able to take care of herself and do the things around my house that need to be done. Yet, if a nice gentleman wants to come and mow my yard......I'll be more than happy to allow it. And summertime is coming, grass is growing wild
I think there is a certain kind of man who does want a woman to be dependent on him, it gives him a HUGE amount of control...Thats just NOT for me...no thanks.

If I am going to be with someone, it will be because I enjoy his company, not because I NEED him to take care of me, I would think it would be MORE flattering for a woman to choose a man because of a mutual respect and affection rather then what that man can DO for her.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 PM

644 posts, read 3,321,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post

Lisa,

they are not all like this. There are some kind and loving men out there. You've had some unfortunate experiences.

Artie

Old 06-08-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke63 View Post
Lisa,

they are not all like this. There are some kind and loving men out there. You've had some unfortunate experiences.

Artie
Thats very true, not only have the men I have chosen to have in my life been this way but the men in my family are this way as well...it was hard breaking away from them and breaking the habit of choosing the wrong man.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:24 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
Wow, lots of pages on this one....

Number one complaint would be, procrastinating by starting several things at once and not finishing most of them. There are a couple others but I'm not perfect either. His good qualities outway the bad by a bunch.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:16 PM

208 posts, read 645,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinreg1 View Post
Geez, you guys and gals are depressing. I've been without on a regular basis since my wife passed in 1998 and I'm only 52. I feel like I'm the "old guy" whenever I stop at the local resturant or bar for a meal or drink and all you complain about is whom you are with. You should be appreciative of what you got or walk away. Seems like you are going thru a lot of trouble on your part(s).
twinreg1

Your still a young Man, My condolence on your wifes passing Thank you for sharing your story, I understand your statement completely. Appreciate always,for it can be taken from you in a blink of a moment. Sounds like you had a wonderful Lady and Blessed Marriage. God bless

Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
My girlfriends top complaints are that I want to talk too much about emotions, her being Norwegian that is not her most favourite thing to do, and that I nag til I get what I want, i.e. that I manipulate her to get her feeling bad enough so that she agrees to whatever it is I want, and that I am too controlling, and that I don't trust her even though she has never done anything that would suggest that she is unfaithful - courtesy of the last girlfriend who was notoriously unfaithful. And that I get very jealous when drunk. She said she is tired of being sad all the time. All true, I should really change. It has come to a point that she said "change or we are done with each other" After 3.5 years I am too much in love with her to lose her so I will do whatever it takes. Sounds like I am a really lousy boyfriend, but I am really loving and caring really. Except when I don't get what I want which usually means I don't get enough hugs and kisses. =)

It's either change and be more positive now or forever be doomed to three year relationships where my girlfriend, when her crush hormones run out, won't bear it anymore. I don't really see myself as this person, not really. I guess what it all comes down to is issues that I haven't resolved on my own that I display onto her. When I am in that controlling mood I can think and say to my friends that I really would like to say something nice to her right now, but I can't think of any, and when I actually do talk to her it turns out to be something negative.

So to summarize, sometimes the girl do have something to complain about.

And I will change.

Last edited by Rewind; 12-14-2009 at 11:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships