Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2010, 06:36 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
There's a whole wide world outside your little circle of male friends/boyfriends. Again, it says a lot about you for associating with such low calibre of men. Way to go.
Umm... lots of men have stated the same thing online on different forums (not men I associate with in real life). For example, on another message board in a topic about Sandra Bullock getting cheated on, one guy said that the only reason why he doesn't cheat is because he doesn't have many options and women don't come on to him out of nowhere but IF he had all that money and so many options available, he would not be able to resist either.

A lot of men have said this and these are not always guys I associate with. Just random guys online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 06:39 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Umm... lots of men have stated the same thing online on different forums (not men I associate with in real life). For example, on another message board in a topic about Sandra Bullock getting cheated on, one guy said that the only reason why he doesn't cheat is because he doesn't have many options and women don't come on to him out of nowhere but IF he had all that money and so many options available, he would not be able to resist either.

A lot of men have said this and these are not always guys I associate with. Just random guys online.
B.S. There are a lot of famous/rich men and you don't hear about them cheating. Denzel Washington, Matt Damon, Will Smith etc...

Old 03-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
B.S. There are a lot of famous/rich men and you don't hear about them cheating. Denzel Washington, Matt Damon, Will Smith etc...
That's probably because they don't get caught or their wives don't care. There are plenty of wives who will turn a blind eye to their husband's cheating or put up with it for whatever reason.

Btw, plenty of regular average guys cheat as well, let alone celebs.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:43 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,828 times
Quote:
That's probably because they don't get caught or their wives don't care. There are plenty of wives who will turn a blind eye to their husband's cheating or put up with it for whatever reason.

Btw, plenty of regular average guys cheat as well, let alone celebs.
You obviousy have a low/stereotypical view of men. A man who loves a woman will not cheat and get caught. if so, he probably doesn't have a high opinion of his wife.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:44 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:

Bah...All you have done is throw sexist stereotypical generalisation about men with no substance whatsoever.

I could ramble on about how most women are only as faithful as her mans next paycheck, and use your post but substitute the word "men" with "women" but not only is it totally false but I'd also look like a total plonker while typing it.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
You obviousy have a low/stereotypical view of men. A man who loves a woman will not cheat and get caught. if so, he probably doesn't have a high opinion of his wife.
You must be a woman. Lots of women are naive and underestimate men's need for sexual variety. A lot of women are idealistic and think their husbands would never cheat on them. Men can easily separate sex from love and a lot of times the man WILL be in love with their wife but still cheat because they are selfish. It's not unusual at all.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:06 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
If I had a beautiful and talented,funny,smart woman like Sandra Bullock. I'd never cheat.

Wait, I already have that.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
You must be a woman. Lots of women are naive and underestimate men's need for sexual variety. A lot of women are idealistic and think their husbands would never cheat on them. Men can easily separate sex from love and a lot of times the man WILL be in love with their wife but still cheat because they are selfish. It's not unusual at all.
I wish I could get my dh to come here and respond to your posts, but he doesn't do message boards. I don't doubt that men can separate sex from love ect (or at least some/most and let me say I know many women that can do the same in the risque circles I've travelled in), but adults consider their actions. We don't always get everything we want. Humans desire and like to consume. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people in the world that weigh their decisions with care. From sex, to food, to drugs/alcohol, or any kind of consumption, some are capable of cultivating discipline and mindfulness where others fail.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I wish I could get my dh to come here and respond to your posts, but he doesn't do message boards. I don't doubt that men can separate sex from love ect (or at least some/most and let me say I know many women that can do the same in the risque circles I've travelled in), but adults consider their actions. We don't always get everything we want. Humans desire and like to consume. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people in the world that weigh their decisions with care. From sex, to food, to drugs/alcohol, or any kind of consumption, some are capable of cultivating discipline and mindfulness where others fail.
No sane man is going to be honest with his wife about how he really feels about cheating and whether they would do it or not. All women think THEIR husbands would never cheat.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
No sane man is going to be honest with his wife about how he really feels about cheating and whether they would do it or not. All women think THEIR husbands would never cheat.
You do realize that women cheat at the same rate as men, don't you? I don't know why you're only targeting the guys when there are men in this thread telling you their position, but you choose to ignore it for whatever odd reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships