Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 01:42 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Poly-amorous: Poly meaning many. Amorous meaning love. Being with a man who has many loves? feck outta here with that! I could live with my man meaninglessly banging someone else while on a business trip after doing too many shots. That happens all the time. But loving someone else?

HELL NO.

As mid-level drunkenness leads to things like ripped condoms, or no condoms, I'd rather he just kept doing shots until it was a moot point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not a guy thing seen it many times. its genderless.
why does a well fed dog dig in the trash at night?
habit from the old alley days.
That's what it is. I really doubt the women on the side have some more integrity than the wife - they are sure eager to get their camera time and book deals.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I wish I could get my dh to come here and respond to your posts, but he doesn't do message boards. I don't doubt that men can separate sex from love ect (or at least some/most and let me say I know many women that can do the same in the risque circles I've travelled in), but adults consider their actions. We don't always get everything we want. Humans desire and like to consume. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people in the world that weigh their decisions with care. From sex, to food, to drugs/alcohol, or any kind of consumption, some are capable of cultivating discipline and mindfulness where others fail.
True. I've seen women in the workplace who want to keep a husband around but they're having affairs right and left and flirt with any construction worker that walks by even if their husbands are wealthier men - so it's in both genders. And gays.

It seems like it's out of some kind of habit, maybe people who got started sexually at a very young age and never learned to say no. Sex is very casual, almost meaningless - except that in a way it's everything to these people.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:13 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. I've seen women in the workplace who want to keep a husband around but they're having affairs right and left and flirt with any construction worker that walks by even if their husbands are wealthier men - so it's in both genders. And gays.
Yea. I used to be of the mind that it was more of a male problem despite personal experiences with friends/family, but after researching a bit I found out that's not the case. And clearly several men in this thread did not appreciate the charge.

Quote:
It seems like it's out of some kind of habit, maybe people who got started sexually at a very young age and never learned to say no. Sex is very casual, almost meaningless - except that in a way it's everything to these people.
It's hard to say why people do it. No doubt a bad marriage messes with people's heads and that might lead to poor decision making.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's hard to say why people do it. No doubt a bad marriage messes with people's heads and that might lead to poor decision making.
When it's a bad marriage - but often it's the cheater making the marriage bad even if they want to keep it for whatever reasons they have - whether it's political reasons like the Clintons, or that they like having the classier woman around and have children with the classier woman - like Tiger Woods.

Good spouses - husbands and wives - get cheated on, often it has little if anything to do with them.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
It's not about hitting hot.

It's about hitting strange.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:28 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
I havent read all the responses to the OP's question, but before I answer, I must say that one should NEVER cheat on their spouse.

With that being said, I think one of the first things we need to ask is WHY didnt these women (Sandra and Elin) provide their husbands with the amount and type of sex they needed? I doubt that Elin and Sandra are animals in the sack. But I bet they played the part before marriage. If one spouse cheats, it is usually really the fault of BOTH spouses.

Also, these "trashy women" are usually the best in the sack. I mean lets be honest, who do you think would be better in the sack, Elin or Bombshell McGee? Easy question. Elin is 100 times more attractive, but Im willing to be she's not the animal in bed that Bombshell is.

I think it would be impossible for any woman to understand why guys cheat. But very simply, its about the sex and ONLY about the sex (I would imagine).

Old 03-28-2010, 11:14 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I havent read all the responses to the OP's question, but before I answer, I must say that one should NEVER cheat on their spouse.

With that being said, I think one of the first things we need to ask is WHY didnt these women (Sandra and Elin) provide their husbands with the amount and type of sex they needed? I doubt that Elin and Sandra are animals in the sack. But I bet they played the part before marriage. If one spouse cheats, it is usually really the fault of BOTH spouses.

Also, these "trashy women" are usually the best in the sack. I mean lets be honest, who do you think would be better in the sack, Elin or Bombshell McGee? Easy question. Elin is 100 times more attractive, but Im willing to be she's not the animal in bed that Bombshell is.

I think it would be impossible for any woman to understand why guys cheat. But very simply, its about the sex and ONLY about the sex (I would imagine).

If these men were married to "trashy women", they would cheat on them too. Sure it's about sex, but I think it goes deeper than that (no pun intended.)

Since you've never cheated, how can you understand why a serial cheater would do so?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

And how do you know this? In person I'm really shy,timid, I don't talk and probably have social anxiety but I'm very kinky in bed, I like rough sex. I read the texts between Joslyn James and Tiger and I would do all of those things with a partner. No one would tell by looking at me though. I am "innocent" looking. As a matter of fact, most of the guys I have been with are not willing to go where I want to go sexually.

Just because a woman is "pretty" doesn't mean she can't be wild in bed vs a "trashy" looking woman.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:04 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Or maybe it is all about the personality of the woman they cheat with. Perhaps they see a woman they like and think she's just some bimbo, not Tiger, though. Then as time goes by the guy actually starts to like the new woman, and cheats with her if there are problems in the marriage. In many cases where the men are not habitual cheaters, the personality of the new woman plays a big role in men taking the risk of getting caught. I guess in Jesse James case, the woman was right up his alley personality-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships