Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:26 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Presumptuous...hardly, you went into near meltdown mode merely because of a difference in perspective.
Whatever. You don't know me from Eve, so you can think what you want. That doesn't make you correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
It seems that some people have decoupled the concept of performance with fidelity. For example, emotional cruelty and enforced abstinence for a year is considered a "problem" while a person cheating after that point is considered the bigger offense.
Emotional cruelty and enforced abstinence for a year would warrant a divorce in my book.

Aside from the fact that it would be the high road to leave, I think it would be far more strategic to leave than to cheat, because lawyers can and do have a field day with adultery. Emotional cruelty and enforced abstinence are not nearly as easy to prove as adultery, especially if the spouse suspected an affair and had the foresight to hire a private investigator.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
No need to make this about me, Onglet. I'm not the one getting paid back, or desiring payback. I am saying that when people cheat, I feel no sympathy for them when they pay the price for it. They deserve it. And yes, I am allowed to make that call.
I responded directly to your post and nothing more. Isn't that why you put your opinion on this thread? I don't understand your complaint.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I responded directly to your post and nothing more. Isn't that why you put your opinion on this thread? I don't understand your complaint.
You said: "You may want to see a bit of payback to keep the world just in your eyes, but payback isn't owed to you."

I didn't SAY or even remotely imply it was owed to ME. However, you are implying that I feel that way, and you are wrong.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I would agree that cheating is not the only capital offense in marriage. Fidelity is one of those promises. Certainly some will make excuses such as being late for dinner twice in a row means I can do the neighbor.

It seems that some people have decoupled the concept of performance with fidelity. For example, emotional cruelty and enforced abstinence for a year is considered a "problem" while a person cheating after that point is considered the bigger offense.

We simply don't know the context, but fidelity is not the sole item to be held sacred in marriage. We really don't know unless we have a particular case.
But the cheating is a deception. Assuming the cheater is successfully hiding the activity, the spouse simply doesn't have the information to make a choice, as with emotional cruelty or enforced abstinence. They don't even know there IS an issue. It may be the deception that makes cheating a capital offense, in addition to the health risks involved.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM

437 posts, read 675,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods, and Jessie James, dudes I would think that the idea is to trade up, not down when looking for an extra-marital affair. But then again, I'm not a rich guy with a bombshell wife (she gorgeous to me, but my bias has no relationship to the real world of beauty and glamor), so I'm dying to know why you would jeopardize a relationship with a woman most guys would kill for just to go out with someone readily accessible to the average guy?
1. Regarding Bill Clinton: Hillary is certainly NOT gorgeous, her success is mostly based on being Bill Clinton's wife, and if she was so brillant, how was Bill ever to cheat on her with dozens of women such that everyone knew except Hillary?

2. Regarding Tiger: yeah Elin is gorgeous but brillant and talent? PLEASE! And the most gorgeous wife on the planet means little if she is a cold shrew. Not that I know Elin was this but if she wasn't helping out the lil' Tiger, I could see the man straying.

3. Regarding Jessie James: Bullock is a talented actress but brillant? Naaah. And yes she's attractive in that girl next door sorta way but she's getting up there and the wrinkles are showing.

For men of status who get women, well some want quality and some want quantity (and some want both). If their (supposedly) quality wife isn't supporting him, he is going to use that ability to get someone else. She may even be only average but if she's hanging on his every word and giving him the love and respect that wifey isn't, well that is what he wants.

Another good one is John Edwards. Everyone is kavecthing about in and casting Elizabeth in a sympathetic light because of her cancer. Insiders have confirmed that Lizzie is a royal b**** who tried to emasculate John every chance she got. Of course, no one brings that up but instead makes her look like an angel.

Sure, some men will stray regardless but many stray because wifey isn't getting it done at home. Interestingly, when a woman strays, it's almost always the man who is blamed for not getting the "job done in bed" and she gets "you go girl!" pats on the back.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Whatever. You don't know me from Eve, so you can think what you want. That doesn't make you correct.
Well you did open a big bag of Avienne earlier, so some of us could gather that you may have been a hair sensitive and over-reactive to the subject, just a tad.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:58 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Interestingly, when a woman strays, it's almost always the man who is blamed for not getting the "job done in bed" and she gets "you go girl!" pats on the back.
Different rules are applied for men and women.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
You said: "You may want to see a bit of payback to keep the world just in your eyes, but payback isn't owed to you."

I didn't SAY or even remotely imply it was owed to ME. However, you are implying that I feel that way, and you are wrong.
Again I've only responded to your direct posts on this thread, and there is nothing I've posted here that is out of line. That it makes you literally see red is a strange response, IMO, but it's yours to make.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
1. Regarding Bill Clinton: Hillary is certainly NOT gorgeous, her success is mostly based on being Bill Clinton's wife, and if she was so brillant, how was Bill ever to cheat on her with dozens of women such that everyone knew except Hillary?

2. Regarding Tiger: yeah Elin is gorgeous but brillant and talent? PLEASE! And the most gorgeous wife on the planet means little if she is a cold shrew. Not that I know Elin was this but if she wasn't helping out the lil' Tiger, I could see the man straying.

3. Regarding Jessie James: Bullock is a talented actress but brillant? Naaah. And yes she's attractive in that girl next door sorta way but she's getting up there and the wrinkles are showing.

For men of status who get women, well some want quality and some want quantity (and some want both). If their (supposedly) quality wife isn't supporting him, he is going to use that ability to get someone else. She may even be only average but if she's hanging on his every word and giving him the love and respect that wifey isn't, well that is what he wants.

Another good one is John Edwards. Everyone is kavecthing about in and casting Elizabeth in a sympathetic light because of her cancer. Insiders have confirmed that Lizzie is a royal b**** who tried to emasculate John every chance she got. Of course, no one brings that up but instead makes her look like an angel.

Sure, some men will stray regardless but many stray because wifey isn't getting it done at home. Interestingly, when a woman strays, it's almost always the man who is blamed for not getting the "job done in bed" and she gets "you go girl!" pats on the back.
If you believe Hillary didn't know about Clinton's cheating, you are incredibly naive. Incredibly naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships