Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:52 PM

838 posts, read 1,875,839 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, at 55 I still have the same raging hormones I had as a teenager ..... but with my wife's health issues, more than once a month would seem like an orgy ......... but I'm not looking elsewhere; I'm not mentally, emotionally, or spiritually capable of an affair ... physically, no problems there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Yes, 30s and 40s is when a woman hits her sexual prime (in most cases).
True, but if you get your hands on some of Azozello's Cream, your sexual peak is right after you apply it.

That's what the black cat said anyway...

Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
If you have ever gone on a fast you will notice how easy it is to go with out eating the longer that you fast. I think our brain steps in and removes some of the pain of not eating. In my experience its the same with sex.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:17 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Why is sex important to me, in my marriage?

Because its nice to share the closeness, and it feels fantastic!
Great stress reliever too!

Old 03-26-2010, 11:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
In another post there was a reply that said something about not having sex was deal breaker in a marriage.

I have been married for 10 years (almost) and I was very sexually active in my younger years and before I was married. However, for "whatever" reason sex has become less and less important to me.

People may say that sex brings people closer together but I feel that my husband and I are very close without it. In fact, I cannot imagine that we would be any closer. When we were first married, of course we had sex much more often, and our relationship is much better now then it was then.

I love my husband very much and would do anything in the world for him (including having sex, when he wishes), but I do not have any desire for it. Which is not the same thing as not having desire for HIM. I simply am not terribly interested in that aspect of our relationship.

I am wondering, just out of curiosity what other people think about it as it relates to their own life/relationships.

20yrsinBranson

Just a bit of advice - consider getting your hormone levels checked. This sounds like a medical problem, and you don't want it to become a marital one

Old 03-27-2010, 03:36 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Some times a man needs to have a woman approach him for sex. Having a willing partner is good , but the feeling of being wanted sexually is good too.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:26 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
If I just wanted companionship, I would get a dog...a lot less trouble. Of course, I would want sex in a relationship. Otherwise, I would not be in one.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
In another post there was a reply that said something about not having sex was deal breaker in a marriage.

I have been married for 10 years (almost) and I was very sexually active in my younger years and before I was married. However, for "whatever" reason sex has become less and less important to me.

People may say that sex brings people closer together but I feel that my husband and I are very close without it. In fact, I cannot imagine that we would be any closer. When we were first married, of course we had sex much more often, and our relationship is much better now then it was then.

I love my husband very much and would do anything in the world for him (including having sex, when he wishes), but I do not have any desire for it. Which is not the same thing as not having desire for HIM. I simply am not terribly interested in that aspect of our relationship.

I am wondering, just out of curiosity what other people think about it as it relates to their own life/relationships.

20yrsinBranson
I do not judge how others live their lives, whatever works. For me personally, I like sex and would not be happy with someone who would not have sex with me. My ex-husband and I had this problem (AND many others), I felt like he was holdling out on me, withholding an important part of a healthy relationship from me. It was a HUGE sticking point in our relationship. It got to the point where he actually created fights in order to avoid having sex with me.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 AM

332 posts, read 644,068 times
Quote:
If I just wanted companionship, I would get a dog...
If you want just companionship with absolutely no sex involved, not only is it better to get a dog but it is also financially cheaper to take care of a dog than it is to take care of a wife. You do not have to worry about your dog going on a shopping spree and maxing out your credit cards.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:20 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,765 times
I think it depends on the couple, as a previous poster stated.

Throughout our marriage, I've had hormone imbalances, DH has had bouts of depression, and hard times have hit.

Through all of that roller coaster in life, we've remained very close with or without sex. However, sometimes we want to "reconnect" in that loving way, and that's the funnest way to do it. We're cuddly people, so that naturally happens anyway....

that and we're still hot for each other. We're in our mid thirties, and that might change once I get my hysterectomy...but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships