Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times

Advertisements

Me, I would be OK with that, in fact I was a night watchman for a high-rise apartment building as my first job while going to grad school. It was an apartment building, not a strip club, but it was nice commuting in the elevator.

I would make sure you get a proper legal lease, get as much spelled out in black and white as you can, *particularly* if you get along real well with your boss. Specifically in order to keep it that way.

Just theoretically, if you got fired, would that mean you would have to move? If so, how fast? That ought to go in the lease.

Me, I would be just a little uneasy about being unable to come/go without going through the club. I can't think of a specific situation when that would be a problem, but probably if you stay there long enough one will come up.

Maybe you need to resolve not to date any of the girls at the club, maybe not. If you resolve *not* to date the girls at the club, bringing some other girl home with you is probably a non-starter.

At the end of the day, I'd ask for a 6-month or even 3-month lease, this situation is so unusual that it's hard to predict exactly how it will play out.

You will be "at work" in a way 24-7 except for any time you spend away from this place. If you are at home, you are also at work, I mean particularly since you are working security. If it hits the fan, and you are at home, somebody is going to knock on your door, I think anyway. That's how it is with any kind of "emergency response" work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 12:21 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
So do you get free lap dances?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:23 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
So do you get free lap dances?
Any other benefits?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Any other benefits?
Free Pepsi!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
Strip clubs are constantly being raided and under surveilance for "shady" activities... I for one, would not want to be any closer to or any more involved with that as humanly possible.

You couldn't ever bring a girl home from a date that would ever be ok with it, lol - at least, not the kind that you'd want to keep around for longer than the night after her interview downstairs with the other men.
Wow. I am the kind of gal that men can't wait for me to meet their family. I'm intelligent, kind, considerate, love children and pets, treat teens with respect, and will hold babies for hours - even strangers' babies - yup, people let me help them in airports, on trains, you name it. And I would have no problem walking through a strip club. In fact, if it were a non-smoking facility, I'd even stop a while and hang out. It's women talking off their clothes, for pete's sake! Good grief, like I've never seen any of it before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
It wouldn't work for me, but that's not to say it wouldn't work for someone else. It could be the right decision for you, for the time being. Doesn't mean it will remain that way. I would assume the sooner you find a bigger job, and a real place to live, the better.
Wow, judgmental a bit? It's his job. He didn't say he was looking for a "better" job. Maybe to him, that IS his better job. And he does say he likes it, but even if he didn't say it, you're making a judgment based on your dislike of the "sex" industry - not that stripping is sex - but to you it is.

I think it's great if he doesn't mind the noise and the smell of stale beer and smoke. THAT would be a turnoff to me. I hate walking past a bar in the morning when they are trying to clean it/air it out. Enough to make me barf. And I'll come visit you, Phil, if I'm ever out your way.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:39 PM

78,379 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Thanks to my Taoist nature I'm moving again. This time, I'm taking an apartment directly over the exotic dancing lounge where I work as security and general handy-guy part-time.

For many guys I guess this would be a dream come true. I go in and out for my teaching work several times a day, and the only way out is through the lounge. The girls all know me and usually stop me to beg a massage (I'm also a Chinese medicine practitioner).

But I know there are others who would cross themselves, say several dozen Hail Mary's and Our Fathers, and vow they would be homeless before they lived in such a den of sin.

To me, it's just a convenient and inexpensive place to sleep for a while until my next move. Nothing more.

Would YOU live there - why or why not?
It's temporary in any event so go for it and enjoy the benefits that you stated above.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:09 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If the bass from the music kept me up at night, no way.

Same here, otherwise that'd be a choice place to live if you're eligible bachelor.

Make friends with the strippers and when you go out you'll be the guy with the hottest women on his arm. You'll never have a problem getting women when you go out with hot women to begin with.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:24 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Same here, otherwise that'd be a choice place to live if you're eligible bachelor.

Make friends with the strippers and when you go out you'll be the guy with the hottest women on his arm. You'll never have a problem getting women when you go out with hot women to begin with.
Women are impressed when a man is with a hot woman, but not if she's a stripper. Yes, there are exceptions, but for the most part strippers start looking a bit too stripper-ish even if they are off the clock. yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard the anecdotes about the Harvard girl by day stripper by night... but honestly that isn't typical. Usually their views are a bit skewed so they are wearing a skirt that's too short for the restaurant, or are showing too much cleavage.

The average woman who sees a man with a stripper on his arm will think he's a skank. We don't think, "What's so special about him that he's with a gal like that?" We only think that if man is with a hot girl who doesn't take her clothes off for money. Instead we think, "Chlamydia."

Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Women are impressed when a man is with a hot woman, but not if she's a stripper.

You're way overthinking it. When I got to a club with 2 or 3 women, and they're mega hot, women don't wonder about the women I'm with, they wonder about me. That's what you want. If they ask about the women then they're just friends you know, and that's where it ends. She's not talking to you to make friends with the girls you brought. If anything she's digging for info about your relationship to them because she's threatened by them.

And yes I'm speaking from experience.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
You're way overthinking it. When I got to a club with 2 or 3 women, and they're mega hot, women don't wonder about the women I'm with, they wonder about me. That's what you want. If they ask about the women then they're just friends you know, and that's where it ends. She's not talking to you to make friends with the girls you brought. If anything she's digging for info about your relationship to them because she's threatened by them.

And yes I'm speaking from experience.
Women don't wonder if she's looking at a stripper on your arm. We don't ask either. We just know. It's instinct. And we think less of you, unless we are skanks too.

You experience does not extend to what goes on in the mind of those who view you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships