Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:33 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,308,787 times

Advertisements

I thought it would be funny and somewhat informative to see a list of the games that you guys think go on between men and women.

For instance, I've noticed the jealousy game. Sometimes, a man (or woman) would talk to a woman (or man) hoping to make the person that they are really interested in jealous. This happens, I think, so that the person can observe how the person they are interested in will react, judging their level of interest. Of course, this isn't very healthy because it is just wrong and can create other problems. Some of the games though are natural and aren't as counter-productive.

We know these things happen whether we've done them ourselves or observed other people do them, so let's be real and honest about this. Spill your secrets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,915,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I thought it would be funny and somewhat informative to see a list of the games that you guys think go on between men and women.

For instance, I've noticed the jealousy game. Sometimes, a man (or woman) would talk to a woman (or man) hoping to make the person that they are really interested in jealous. This happens, I think, so that the person can observe how the person they are interested in will react, judging their interest or not.

We know these things happen whether we've done them ourselves or observed other people do them, so let's be real and honest about this. Spill your secrets!
I've never been one to play games but have observed some things I thought were stupid. One of the worst ones is "Guess why I'm angry because you SHOULD know without me telling you". Making people play mind reader is nuts and if someone is angry they should say so and say why.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I've never been one to play games but have observed some things I thought were stupid. One of the worst ones is "Guess why I'm angry because you SHOULD know without me telling you". Making people play mind reader is nuts and if someone is angry they should say so and say why.
Yep. That would be one. Just reading that makes me go, "Ahh!" What about games while getting to know one another?

Old 03-25-2010, 05:49 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,261,904 times
How about you don't call after the date for two or three days--even if you had a great time and like the other person? I hate that one!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
How about you don't call after the date for two or three days--even if you had a great time and like the other person? I hate that one!
Yea, if a person here has done that before then we can confirm that this does happen.

On the flipside, I know some people make the assumption that the other person had a great time and they think the person is playing a game, but the person just really didn't have a good time. LOL Know what I'm saying?

But, we all know that this does happen. So, we can add that to the list.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yep. That would be one. Just reading that makes me go, "Ahh!" What about games while getting to know one another?
I honestly don't know what 'games' people play when getting to know one another. Can't imagine there'd be any reason to do that but, like I said before, I've never been one to play games. The jealousy one you mentioned in the first post is a good one though...although stupid, in my mind. Immature at best and stupid at worst. When I'm getting to know someone from scratch I'm more interested in them, who they are, where they are coming from and where they are going than trying to think up 'games' and 'testing' strategies. Just silly.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,727,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Jeez, that's what I was going to say. I won't lie and say I've never done that, but I recognize it now and try really hard not to do it anymore. My daughter and I had a talk about this yesterday, in fact. She couldn't understand why her friend was saying one thing (everything's fine, I'm not mad) and acting another way (I'm very angry at you).

Old 03-25-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Jeez, that's what I was going to say. I won't lie and say I've never done that, but I recognize it now and try really hard not to do it anymore. My daughter and I had a talk about this yesterday, in fact. She couldn't understand why her friend was saying one thing (everything's fine, I'm not mad) and acting another way (I'm very angry at you).
Yep. I'm all about communication, but sometimes, you are with someone that just doesn't do that and it is very frustrating. You like them, you love being around them, but when something goes wrong, it makes you just want to be like, "Forget this."

Old 03-25-2010, 06:49 PM

115 posts, read 274,245 times
One I have shown my boys, because I saw it used too much on my brothers is...the girl fake cries about something inconsequential to see if she can get the guy to do what she wants.
I showed my boys how easy it was for me to cry when there was nothing wrong, and told them NOT to fall for tears.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think I probably did that a few times, when I was very young, but realized fairly quickly that it wasn't fair to the other person. My daughters did the same thing too but when I pointed it out to them they stopped it too. Especially after they got married. I've always been pretty good about saying what's on my mind...tactfully as possible though...and I really hate it when someone does it to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships