Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:02 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,098,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
Women want what is wanted, this is why many women will compete for the same guy.
Yeah, this is the theory that Jason had, and I gotta confess, so do I. Oh, and as a point of clairification, he said the pic was tucked in the same litle pocket of his wallet as was his VISA, so when he yanked out the card, the pic dropped out. I tend to believe his story on all counts: this dude is pretty straight-up and, being a studly, fit, young single guy, he picks up chicks all the time, and so has no reason to add in the ex-wife-pic scenario if it wasn't true. At least I don't see why he would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 09:14 PM

20,703 posts, read 19,343,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
A friend of mine regaled me with the following story this morning at the gym:

Last night he was out partying at a local club and was sitting at the bar talking to this woman whom he was very attracted to, and whom he was trying his damndest to take home for some horizontal recreation. Alas, after a few drinks and about two hours of talking at hinting to her that they should head back to his pad, the young lass (she was about his age, mid-30's) continued to rebuff his amorous offers. Finally about to call it a night anf head home alone, my buddy opened his wallet to take out his credit card and pay his tab. An old picture of his ex-wife fell out. The chick he had been hitting on saw the pic, picked it up, and remarked to Jason how gorgeous his ex is.
Jason says that it was like flipping on a light switch; all of a sudden this broad becomes interested in him and is touching his arm and leaning into him and they have another drink. Thirty minutes later she goes home with him for a one-night stand.
So...I was wondering: I'm confused! What does this story tell us about the mindset and priorities of women these days?

Hi DrummerBoy,

I guess you don't know about female preselection. I posted a threat called "mate poaching" on it. I learned in college that no one dates a woman. You date the collective attitude of women.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:28 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,160,630 times
Quote:
A friend of mine regaled me with the following story this morning at the gym:

Last night he was out partying at a local club and was sitting at the bar talking to this woman whom he was very attracted to, and whom he was trying his damndest to take home for some horizontal recreation. Alas, after a few drinks and about two hours of talking at hinting to her that they should head back to his pad, the young lass (she was about his age, mid-30's) continued to rebuff his amorous offers. Finally about to call it a night anf head home alone, my buddy opened his wallet to take out his credit card and pay his tab. An old picture of his ex-wife fell out. The chick he had been hitting on saw the pic, picked it up, and remarked to Jason how gorgeous his ex is.
Jason says that it was like flipping on a light switch; all of a sudden this broad becomes interested in him and is touching his arm and leaning into him and they have another drink. Thirty minutes later she goes home with him for a one-night stand.
So...I was wondering: I'm confused! What does this story tell us about the mindset and priorities of women these days?
Dude, it's jealousy and value.

Value: a very attractive woman (in the subject's eyes) was his ex-gf, she immediately thinks "why would a woman this pretty be in a LTR with THIS guy?....Now she's intrigued, and would go as far as sex to try and figure him out.

Jealousy: Women fight each other to the death, it's unreal how mean and brutal they can be to one another. One thing they love to fight over is men, and if a guy has interest in another girl and not them, they want to know WHY that man isn't interested in them, and they'll try to make him interested.

I once worked with a girl who had a bf who treated her bad and broke up with her constantly to only get back with her a month later, over and over. I once told her about how hot I thought another girl at work was. I mentioned it maybe twice to her. We ran into each other at the bar, she couldn't stop asking me why I like this other girl, and eventually wanted to know what I thought of her. Couple hours later we went back to her place. I know if I had never mentioned another girl to her, she would've never hooked up with me.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:04 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,981,852 times
Quote:
Women want what is wanted, this is why many women will compete for the same guy.
Right on the money.
When I knew I wanted to up my chances of meeting a lady in a club I always took one of my good looking lady friends with me.
We'd act like a couple.
Soon as she'd go to the restroom, women would walk up and start conversation.

It also worked with her with the guys because they though they were 'cuckolding' me.

Fun times.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:08 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,179,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
How does a picture just happen to "fall out" of a man`s wallet?
Well, all is possible in CD la la land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I don't buy any of it. A guy in his thirties still carrying around a picture of his ex? Is there a picture of mom in there too? And his first bicycle? Nah, this guy watched Real Housewives of New York City, had a one night stand with himself, and made the story up.
LOL

Old 03-27-2010, 09:20 AM

888 posts, read 885,601 times
The best way for me personally to pick up a girl is to already have a girlfriend, and I tend to always have a girlfriend around me. Usually, though not always, when a girl finds out that I am in a relationship, she starts to be a lot more interested in me. I think this is simply a natural instinct with some women. That's how they learn about guys in relationships. I suppose some single women prefer first-hand experience than just people's anecdotal evidence.

Just put yourself in a woman's shoes - if you are a single women and are baffled and frustrated by men that don't want to be in committed relationships with you, one solution would be to have an affair with a guy who is already in a committed relationship (obviously causing him to cheat) so that you can compare behaviors with the eternal single guys. In a twisted kind of logic, some girls justify their affairs by saying well, at least the guy is in a committed relationship even if it's not with them. They'll also tell others that they are "waiting" around for the guy to leave the girlfriend, even if they know deep down inside that they are happy with just being the other woman. It's their way of not looking bad to others. How many girls do you know that are having affairs with married guys are telling everyone they are happy with the arrangement? Not the majority, but deep down many like it. Girls are really funny. I love most of them anyways.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:06 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Right on the money.
When I knew I wanted to up my chances of meeting a lady in a club I always took one of my good looking lady friends with me.
We'd act like a couple.
Soon as she'd go to the restroom, women would walk up and start conversation.

It also worked with her with the guys because they though they were 'cuckolding' me.

Fun times.

yup, my room mate and I would do that all the time..... works like a charm.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 PM

40,949 posts, read 49,143,821 times
Women are easily figured out and are not that difficult to understand.

Problem is many men don't know this until they're too old to take advantage of the knowledge.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,983,841 times
Quote:
that's what i always tried to tell stupid ex-friend

Old 03-27-2010, 07:05 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,393,156 times
Quote:
Yeah, this is the theory that Jason had, and I gotta confess, so do I. Oh, and as a point of clairification, he said the pic was tucked in the same litle pocket of his wallet as was his VISA, so when he yanked out the card, the pic dropped out. I tend to believe his story on all counts: this dude is pretty straight-up and, being a studly, fit, young single guy, he picks up chicks all the time, and so has no reason to add in the ex-wife-pic scenario if it wasn't true. At least I don't see why he would.
VISA!?! No AMEX Black!?! Man, chicks will spread their legs for anyone these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships