Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:18 PM

3,672 posts, read 10,575,753 times

Advertisements

Don't worry. With time he will mature and discover many of those flaws are really distinguishing marks and become cute. Once he falls in love any potential flaw will vanish anyway.

If not, we will have another candidate for the monestary! Good monks are so hard to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 02:14 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,773,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
What about people with a mental flaw? Like himself?
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM

70 posts, read 205,664 times
It's incredible the unrealistic expectations being seen by the younger generations. They become so caught up in celebrity worship they think all of their life will be exactly like a hero or heroine in a movie. They see these kids in the music biz who are their age with all their bling and great clothes and think that's the norm.

I do put some of the blame on the parents. They should be teaching their kids about "real life" and not allow them to go so far out of the realm of reality. There are very few people who have flawless skin. The supermodels or people posing for magazine covers always have their pics altered to remove the flaws whether it's their skin or other body parts which are not perfect, lol

Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,693,209 times
You hang out with people like that? I'd make some new friends!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM

292 posts, read 991,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
A friend of mine will not date or have a relationship with a women who has cosmetic flaws. If she has any noticeable moles, scars, acne, or other cosmetic issues, she is history.
Good that leaves more women for the rest of us. I hope he likes looking at magazines that's where most of those "beauties" live.

Every scar tells a story Daddy-O. Those scars mean that woman has lived life and done stuff. Not stood in front of a mirror her whole life trying to figure out how to make herself more beautiful. I'll take a banged up Tomboy over some powder puff foofy girl any time. Of course I don't mind if Ms. Tomboy appears made up and in a short skirt or dress every now and then. As long as her bullet hole scars are mostly covered she is good to go.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:01 AM

644 posts, read 3,316,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
A friend of mine will not date or have a relationship with a women who has cosmetic flaws. If she has any noticeable moles, scars, acne, or other cosmetic issues, she is history.

This made me wonder if there are any men or women out there who have perfect skin. I know some Movie Stars and Beauty Contestants have spent alot of time with Cosmetic Surgeons to remove any problems. But I wonder if any real people have perfect skin.

I am afraid the fantasy of Hollywood has convinced my young friend that there are many people out there with a perfect face and body.
Does your friend have lots of money? I may be interested in dating him once I get this plastic surgery out of the way.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:15 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,531,744 times
Airbrushing is a lucrative career. I knew a neighbor in NY who worked in advertising.

btw what does your friend look like? Post a picture, please.

sunny

Old 06-07-2007, 02:18 AM

14,229 posts, read 29,938,437 times
And I'm guessing your friend is well aquainted with autoeroticism?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:50 PM

549 posts, read 2,378,989 times
Fashion-Models are not perfect either. They are just lucky to be genetically tall and slender. They are stylied to perfection by hair and make-up. Then the photographer shots and shots. Once they pictures are in editing they airbrush the hell out of those pictures. So of course people's perception of the ideal beauty is going to be distorded. I loved the Dove commercial where they took a normal looking girl and transformed her into somethign she is clearly not going to look like in "real life".

Also everyone skin resilience is different, some people bruise easily. While others people's skin is stronger so they dont get blemishes on their skin so easily. Everyone is different.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:28 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,778,789 times
You mean there are really people who think that girl in picture one looks better than the second & third pictures?! YUCK!!!!!!!!
She looks like a nice normal person in those two!
The first looks like a hideous piece of plastic!
Dear lord!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships