Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:16 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,442,369 times

Advertisements

So you think you're worthy of 8's?

Granted I have no idea who you are. But I'll assume since you're 34 and still single (correct?). That at best, you're an 8 yourself. Now we subtract a point because you're online dating (just law. nothing wrong with it really). That puts you at a 7. We'll subtract another 2 pts based on your personality on this site (full of yourself, picky, ect.). That puts you at a 5. I'm going to say a soft 5. Maybe you have some redeeming quality that could make you a hard 5, but a 5 none the less.

Now, by point law, you can't date/get someone more than 2 points out of your number. Which means the best you could hypothetically get is a 7. But again, onlline dating has it's own rules - so in theory a female 7 could probably date higher. That greatly reduces your number of 7's to choose from.

Moral of the story dude: get over yourself. Learn to treat people with respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 11:28 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,339,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think we just met at a bad time with all the SNOW and FREEZING RAIN. February was a bad weather month and it stopped us from seeing each other.
What is it there - the year 1850? Did you have to get the horse out of the barn and hook it up to the uncovered sled and then go all the way into town just to see her? Were all the restaurants and bars closed the whole month because of the weather?
You act as if the weather was the Black Plague or something. And that we would all understand perfectly why such weather would prevent you from going out. Sheesh - you will look for ANY excuse not to date anyone who is not a 10 and head-over-heels for you.
Listen carefully. IT'S. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. "TENS" date other "TENS". Nines dates nines...and so on. You are not a TEN. Not even close. Accept it. Find a nice girl (or guy - we think that still may be an option) and stop torturing us.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,729,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

I know i'm not the only guy who this has happened to?

It didn't "happen to you". You did it yourself. Phone Miss January. I'm sure you can think of some appropriate lies.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,808,320 times
Wow 34 years old and still on the ''playing field'' game? That's typical what 15 to early 20's year olds do. Even at my age (I'll be turning 23 right the next month), I would feel too old for games.
If rating is all you're focusing your life on, then at least do other productive activities. In addition what if you do find a woman with 8 in rating (according to you) but she doesn't find you attractive? The opposite tends to happen too.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:40 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,395,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It didn't "happen to you". You did it yourself. Phone Miss January. I'm sure you can think of some appropriate lies.
That's the spirit!

"The weather froze my brain."

"I think you're so beautiful I only now got the courage up to call you back."

"I was in a wreck and had amnesia."

"I was lost at sea. I'm calling from the rescue ship."

Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,390,078 times
LOL. Do you seriously rate women's looks, on a scale of 1 to 10?

And also what is the deal with the weather? This is bizarre. Granted I live in PHX, so 50 is cold. But it gets up to 120 degrees. And the horror of it, I've played basketball at 5 o'clock when it is 117. You live. Bodies are not that fragile.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,808,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Yeah that's the funniest post I ever heard but I recalled once being rated an 8 (just what the OP likes) but he was in his early 20's.

Rating is for high schoolers (seriously) or very young people but still be doing it at age 34?? LOL

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,333,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Get yourself into some therapy...have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Oh fun, just what every girl wants--to be the leftover garbage at the bottom of the bucket after you've picked through everything else.

Quit thinking so highly of yourself. You don't deserve to be anywhere near the likes of a lady.
No kidding! Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
So you think you're worthy of 8's?

Granted I have no idea who you are. But I'll assume since you're 34 and still single (correct?). That at best, you're an 8 yourself. Now we subtract a point because you're online dating (just law. nothing wrong with it really). That puts you at a 7. We'll subtract another 2 pts based on your personality on this site (full of yourself, picky, ect.). That puts you at a 5. I'm going to say a soft 5. Maybe you have some redeeming quality that could make you a hard 5, but a 5 none the less.

Now, by point law, you can't date/get someone more than 2 points out of your number. Which means the best you could hypothetically get is a 7. But again, onlline dating has it's own rules - so in theory a female 7 could probably date higher. That greatly reduces your number of 7's to choose from.

Moral of the story dude: get over yourself. Learn to treat people with respect.
I think you're being generous with giving him a "5". Personality is by far the most important factor when coming up with a total number so even if he's a 7 looks wise, I'd subtract at least 3 for personality, and probably another point for being neurotic. That puts him at a 3 which means he should be happy if he can get a 5 and thrilled with a 6.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

I think you're being generous with giving him a "5". Personality is by far the most important factor when coming up with a total number so even if he's a 7 looks wise, I'd subtract at least 3 for personality, and probably another point for being neurotic. That puts him at a 3 which means he should be happy if he can get a 5 and thrilled with a 6.

Well I don't actually know him, so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Plus I figured if I gave him what I honestly think (I agree with you, more like a 3) it would encite backlash. Just trying to keep the peace

Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post

And also what is the deal with the weather? This is bizarre. Granted I live in PHX, so 50 is cold. But it gets up to 120 degrees. And the horror of it, I've played basketball at 5 o'clock when it is 117. You live. Bodies are not that fragile.

My impression is that this cold weather hindered his ability to see the goods. I suppose it's hard to accurately judge someone under a winter coat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships