Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,182,160 times

Advertisements

I am 30 and have never been married. I am also childless. I think that some in my family suspect me of being gay. I'm actually straight as the day is long.

I am annoyed by kids and have never wanted any. As for marriage, I don't see the point in entering into a legal contract that has an over 50% failure rate and where if it does fail the woman gets to take half of my stuff. I also like to carouse about and have sex with slutty bar chicks. I of course can't tell my family this.

Bahh....let 'em think I'm a flamer. Whatever, haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff21xy View Post
Im just wondering how many 30something people are out there who have never been married and who have no children.

Im in a happy relationship with my current boyfriend, who also has never been married/no kids..I guess we are the professional type, we travel, have other single/married friends some with kids,some without, enjoy weekend getaways, dinners out, lounge/clubs, sporting events..Anyway recently I happened to be at one of my friends babyshower surrounded by women who were all married when they were in their early 20's some now with tween/teen aged children and although I wasnt made out to feel uncomfortable the conversation surrounding me basically said in a nutshell referenced that popular statement that a woman is more prone to die in a terrorist attack than get married and have kids after a certain age of say 40. Im 34, and happy right now but yes would like to get married and have kids before Im 40. Any women OR men feel pressure from peers/ parents in this regard????
I am over 30 and I have never been married or had any children. Many of my friends haven't either! So, it's not all that uncommon.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I am over 30 and I have never been married or had any children. Many of my friends haven't either! So, it's not all that uncommon.
Its really not. I think its more...what you want out of life.
Sometimes situations pertain diffrent tactics than others, and thats ok.
I do not find it odd in anyway!

Old 03-28-2010, 07:24 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
For those who never want to have children or those who are men in their 30s no big deal, but this is the problem
Im 34, and happy right now but yes would like to get married and have kids before Im 40.

The odds of expensive fertility treatments and failures are going to be high.

Pregnancy over age 35 and Pregnancy Risks

Old 03-28-2010, 07:34 PM

172 posts, read 785,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi tiff21xy

I would say so since fertility at that age is a hail marry for a down syndrome special ed student. You want marriage and kids and you are single at 34? You are already furiously passing your ability to do so.

Kinda uncalled for. There are ways to mention things and do so without insulting certain groups of people.

Secondly, she never mentioned whether or not she was going to have children biologically or adopt. Infertility can happen at ANY age... let's not beat her down with numbers and statistics unless she asks for them.

To answer the main question- this day and age, being in your 30's and single with no kiddos isn't as uncommon as it was in the past.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:43 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,204 times
I see absolutely nothing "odd" about being in your 30's and child-free. I did it, as did most of my friends. I got married at 39, a couple more friends got married at 40 and one of my best friends is now 51 and still single -- pretty sure that is a permanent situation for him. LOL Not a kid in the group. Another friend got married at 42 and had her one and only baby the same year.

In your early 30's? These days there is plenty of time providing the couple is fertile to start with.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 PM

65 posts, read 175,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
For those who never want to have children or those who are men in their 30s no big deal, but this is the problem
Im 34, and happy right now but yes would like to get married and have kids before Im 40.

The odds of expensive fertility treatments and failures are going to be high.

Pregnancy over age 35 and Pregnancy Risks
My 36 year old boyfriend says he's already too old to have children

Myself being 33, I'm now starting to feel the pressure to get married and especially have children. I would love to enjoy the single days for a few more years but would like to eventually settle down before I hit 40.

Regarding children, it's going to be hard to convince my bf to have one, even though I absolutely love babies (but still not ready to be a mummy right now).

Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Well I do have a child, but at the ripe old age of 32...I hope the heck I can get married sometime soon. But if it doesn't happen, oh well. God blessed me with one.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
It is kind of odd, but I am already in the process of fixing it.

Me and my lass are both 30 and we're seriously considering marriage pretty soon.

My mom's been putting immense pressure on me lately. She wants grand kids. She thinks she is running out of her life and wants to handle my kids before she runs her course.

Her eyes are filled with tears of joy each time she even speaks imaginatively about my futuristic children

Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It is kind of odd, but I am already in the process of fixing it.

Me and my lass are both 30 and we're seriously considering marriage pretty soon.

My mom's been putting immense pressure on me lately. She wants grand kids. She thinks she is running out of her life and wants to handle my kids before she runs her course.

Her eyes are filled with tears of joy each time she even speaks imaginatively about my futuristic children
Awww it is fun to see the grandparents with the grandchild. You just gotta watch what the other crazy elderly people say around your child. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships