Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:02 PM

6 posts, read 6,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
You will definitely be busy as a young associate with an accounting firm, but you are not going to be too busy to have a girlfriend and a life away from work. I think I may be smelling red herring, but nevermind that sh*t...

The short answer is YES, life does get better for people who have worked hard in college and are ready to work hard in life but the rules of attraction don't change. A lack of confidence is still unattractive and timidity still gets you nowhere. Enjoy being out on your own, completely unfettered and without anyone to be accountable to other than yourself. There is a great time out there waiting for you and you really owe it to yourself to live hard while you're single without kids.
I understand the part about it being a red herring, but problem is it really would not have worked. I AGREE that I would not be too busy for a gf in general with that job, but I would be too busy for her. There were some need issues.

And like I said, I try to be confident about the things I have going for me, but sometimes I guess it doesn't show as you mentioned,

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
I think you should just worry about getting settled into your new place and job first. Then later go out looking for gals. And wait ta go on the degree. Especially your major. Took it in college myself. It was pretty difficult to get through my one class. I also took macroeconomics which is interesting but hard to remember it all.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:22 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,186,837 times
You'd not have split with your gf if it was the "right" relationship. Don't worry about that. I guarantee you she wasn't "the ONE."

Yeah, I used to hire lots of young folks, recruited straight from college. They always had a blast their first few years in the workforce. Even though they had good jobs and responsibilities, they weren't the kinds of jobs that weighed them down; they weren't managing lots of people or responsible for make or break decisions. They always had lots of fun and partied hard for a couple years, then were promoted into more responsible positions or moved on.

Don't take life too seriously just yet. Your next few years could be the best of your life. Enjoy them!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM

8,307 posts, read 38,719,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensors22288 View Post
I understand the part about it being a red herring, but problem is it really would not have worked. I AGREE that I would not be too busy for a gf in general with that job, but I would be too busy for her. There were some need issues.

And like I said, I try to be confident about the things I have going for me, but sometimes I guess it doesn't show as you mentioned,

Dan
Then you are definitely better off. Definitely. Enjoy yourself and don't take work home with you if you can help it.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
Social life in a college campus is totally different from a social life for working adults.

It's a good time to be with yourself, and learn what you like and dislike.

Take a year or two and pursue your career. Now is the time to decide on financial goals if you haven't set them.
Could not have said it better. Some time on your own, getting established in your new career, finding a great place to live and just learning how to "be an adult" will take plenty of your time. But one day you will realize that you feel grown up and settled and this will give you a great feeling of confidence which is very appealing to most adult women. (Won't hurt if you want to start building a nice wardrobe also, instead of jeans, tees and flip-flops.) Then it will be time to seek out the company of others who enjoy doing some of the same things you do - maybe working out at the gym or running or something else that appeals to both genders. Then you will be surprised to find women who are looking for someone just like you have become. good luck.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 PM

6 posts, read 6,741 times
Thanks again everyone. I cannot believe how helpful all of your responses have been. I know this issue may seem trivial to many people, so I appreciate you taking the time to answer! Hopefully I will be able to contribute on some other posts, despite my youth

Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships