Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 PM

600 posts, read 1,609,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
She probably left at 3 am still partially drunk and left her underwear behind accidentally.
I never understood how you can accidentally leave your underwear behind? Unless you had more than 1 in the first place. I've never forgotten to put underwear on while getting dressed .

Old 03-30-2010, 12:47 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
I never understood how you can accidentally leave your underwear behind? Unless you had more than 1 in the first place. I've never forgotten to put underwear on while getting dressed .
When you are hooking up with someone you met after two pints of beer and 4 shots of tequila, you'd be surprised at what simple little things people forget.

I'd love to transport a good number of people on this thread to a Marriott or Hilton hotel bar one night when a large convention is in town. Folks seem to have no idea how badly married business suits act when they are bored and lubed up with a little liquor.

I have been straight out asked, "Would you like to come back to my room and f--- me?" several times a year, usually by someone who is intoxicated.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:49 PM

956 posts, read 1,767,118 times
Sorry to hear about that, Megan. But take your time to think things over and not rush. And sweetheart, I guess after f* around while married with married men , not wearing panties is no big deal?

Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 PM

600 posts, read 1,609,177 times
Quote:
When you are hooking up with someone you met after two pints of beer and 4 shots of tequila, you'd be surprised at what simple little things people forget.

I'd love to transport a good number of people on this thread to a Marriott or Hilton hotel bar one night when a large convention is in town. Folks seem to have no idea how badly married business suits act when they are bored and lubed up with a little liquor.

I have been straight out asked, "Would you like to come back to my room and f--- me?" several times a year, usually by someone who is intoxicated.
Threads like these terrify me This is the world we're living in, I guess.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
Threads like these terrify me This is the world we're living in, I guess.
To be fair, for every guy I see at the bar trying to pick up some action, there might be two who have a glass of wine with a colleague then retire to their room. It's impossible to know for sure.

Someone should do an anonymous survey...

Old 03-30-2010, 01:08 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Quote:
Because there is a disconnect from reality when you are on the road. Everything is different; nothing counts. Consequences are not considered. I wouldn't dream of downing four martinis after work tonight, but if I were on the road, I probably would. It's just not viewed as the same as "normal" life.

I would not have a job like the one I have were I married. Absolutely not.
What a crock of crap.

I travel all the time. You know what I do on the road (besides C-D ) ? Call my wife & kids every night then bust my butt working so when I get home I can spend my time with them. Have there been a few "moments" when I thought somebody was sending out signals? Sure. I just never acted on them. And frankly most of the time I did'nt pick up on it til reflecting later. Why? BECAUSE I'M NOT LOOKING FOR IT!!!

If your circumstances change your principals they are'nt really your principals, are they?

Old 03-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
What a crock of crap.

I travel all the time. You know what I do on the road (besides C-D ) ? Call my wife & kids every night then bust my butt working so when I get home I can spend my time with them. Have there been a few "moments" when I thought somebody was sending out signals? Sure. I just never acted on them. And frankly most of the time I did'nt pick up on it til reflecting later. Why? BECAUSE I'M NOT LOOKING FOR IT!!!

If your circumstances change your principals they are'nt really your principals, are they?
I never said all people do it, I said a percentage do. But I fully well expected that married business travelers would come here and claim I am lying. Come on, you may be an angel, but are you really trying to say cheating on business trips is unusual, even if you personally don't participate? If so, I must assume your wife is a member here and you are claiming that for her benefit. Let's get real. Let's give people a dose of reality here.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:20 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
What a crock of crap.

From my observations, it's split down the middle. I've seen some straight and narrow types who are devoted family men at home, but once they get a 1,000+ miles away they lose their inhibitions and suddenly they aren't so "straight and narrow". It becomes amateur night at the hotel lounge and they're trying to pick up everything in sight. I've seen a lot of this from people you'd never suspect. No one is immune from it. Look at all those TV evangelists surrounded by scandal. Picking up prostitutes on the side why screaming at viewers on Sunday morning how their soul will burn in hell. People are full of shyt. Not all, but many.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
To be fair, for every guy I see at the bar trying to pick up some action, there might be two who have a glass of wine with a colleague then retire to their room. It's impossible to know for sure.
That's my experience. At most of the conventions I've been to, most of the people didn't behave like drunken idiots just because they're on a business trip.

There were one or two, usually on the host's staff, and the vendors at the exhibit hall were a roudy bunch, but most of the attendees weren't that immature and stupid. Maybe that's because they had professional reputations to protect (MDs, PhDs, grants at stake) or maybe they were more discreet, but I didn't see many drunken doctors and researchers staggering around trying to get laid, even in New Orleans.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
That's my experience. At most of the conventions I've been to, most of the people didn't behave like drunken idiots just because they're on a business trip.

There were one or two, usually on the host's staff, and the vendors at the exhibit hall were a roudy bunch, but most of the attendees weren't that immature and stupid. Maybe that's because they had professional reputations to protect (MDs, PhDs, grants at stake) or maybe they were more discreet, but I didn't see many drunken doctors and researchers staggering around trying to get laid, even in New Orleans.
I'm in sales...and in the media to boot. Different, wilder crowd with much better expense accounts!!!

That said, my last trip was to Atlanta, and there was an economist convention running concurrently. And lo and behold, a PhD asked me if he could come back to my room and perform oral sex on me. I nearly vomited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships