Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:47 AM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
This is the second time I've heard something like this, except the first time it was the other way around, and it came from my late wife. We were discussing prejudices when she admitted that she'd never want to be with any guy who had slept with a black woman. I was taken back by the statement and asked her why. She couldn't give me a reason. It was the only "racist" statement I ever heard from her. In fact, in all other matters she was very much against racial prejudices except when it came to inter-racial dating or marriage.

Her mother was from a very well-to-do family in the NY/NJ area who were among the rich and famous, her grandfather being a well-known author and uncles were wealthy industrialists, but her immediate family was quite the opposite, her own mother having been a drunkard and her father a Spanish sea captain. She said her mother was ostracized from the family when she married a Spaniard. Some things just make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Hi WyoNewk,

It makes sense to me. Would there not be a threat that someone had a standard of beauty that was very different than what you were offering? My wife loved Ricky Martian growing up. I am no Ricky Martian, but I fit the basic type. Does that give me more assurance? Why not?

What also occurrences is cognitive dissonance which is an after the fact justification. You find a reason not to want them and considering them tainted works very well.

"I did not want them anyway".

Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi DennyCrane,

You are deluding yourself. Of course white women don't see racism. They are the beneficiaries. Did you expect white women to feel a sense of fear , humiliation, and racism when they are portrayed as being desirable? Watch what happens with the "Asian fetish".

There is no reason for them to say white unless its about race. To think otherwise is double speak.

That is to say nothing that the movie itself depicts black men as being scum far worse than those good ole boys. Maybe the good ole boys saw the movie? Yet people always view these thing around politically safe, fractured lines.
I think you're the one who's deluding himself. You think just because a white woman is the beneficiary here that she can't spot racism? Give me a break. I've benefited from my race, but that didn't prevent me from seeing any racism at work. Most women I know would be very offended at being seen as some kind of trophy.

As for your second point, you sound hypersensitive. Why is it that some whites complain that blacks are always crying racism and yet they're quick to shout reverse-racism the moment a black person brings up a white person's race? You obviously missed the point of that conversation. The woman wasn't simply angry that her husband was leaving her for another woman. He was leaving her for a white woman. In other words, he's looking for something his wife can never be. It would be no different than if he had left her for a younger black woman. Instead of saying "you're leaving me for some white woman", she would've said "you're leaving me for a younger woman." The bottom line is he's leaving her for someone he thinks has more value. Try to imagine you're the one being cheated on. It would be one thing if your spouse replaced you with someone equivalent to you. But it's another thing if they go to someone who's perceived to be "better" than you. Your problem is not everyone interpreted that scene the way you did so you feel the need to label them as just being PC. Sorry if not all of us are so ready to jump on the racism soapbox as you.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
What the hell? Black women have some type of demons in their vaginas. lol
I suppose we do..lol!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm not doubting these black women may be racist... I'm not a BW, so I can't speak on their behalf, but again your minimizing the topic of discussion. Re-read the original post.
Hi virgode

Read "cognitive dissonance".

Cognitive Dissonance

Consider a rejection response like "she was a bytch anyway".

1. She likes black men.
2. I am not black.
3. Anxiety.
4. She is bad. She is tainted.
5. Anxiety is abated.

Again, black women that I have seen also consider black men ruined on white women. A white man is often considered ruined with "Asian fetish".

Last edited by gwynedd1; 03-30-2010 at 12:04 PM..

Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 AM

548 posts, read 1,251,828 times
Guess what everyone? Many people would be surprised to know that they may have some black or white blood/genes. I'm a black woman, but my great-grandfather was white, Am I only a quarter tainted? lol

Old 03-30-2010, 12:00 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
OK, I'm gonna play devils advocate here. Are those guys any different to a bunch of women sitting around the table saying they don't want a man who has been with other men. Does that mean they hate gays?
Well here's the thing. A woman who has dated black men is still attracted to men. A bisexual man, which in many cases is a closeted gay man, has the desire to be with other men. A woman cannot magically turn herself into a man.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think you're the one who's deluding himself. You think just because a white woman is the beneficiary here that she can't spot racism? Give me a break. I've benefited from my race, but that didn't prevent me from seeing any racism at work. Most women I know would be very offended at being seen as some kind of trophy.

As for your second point, you sound hypersensitive. Why is it that some whites complain that blacks are always crying racism and yet they're quick to shout reverse-racism the moment a black person brings up a white person's race? You obviously missed the point of that conversation. The woman wasn't simply angry that her husband was leaving her for another woman. He was leaving her for a white woman. In other words, he's looking for something his wife can never be. It would be no different than if he had left her for a younger black woman. Instead of saying "you're leaving me for some white woman", she would've said "you're leaving me for a younger woman." The bottom line is he's leaving her for someone he thinks has more value. Try to imagine you're the one being cheated on. It would be one thing if your spouse replaced you with someone equivalent to you. But it's another thing if they go to someone who's perceived to be "better" than you. Your problem is not everyone interpreted that scene the way you did so you feel the need to label them as just being PC. Sorry if not all of us are so ready to jump on the racism soapbox as you.

Hi DennyCrane,

Beep. "white woman" would be irrelevant if race was not involved. Its double speak. I think rationally, not politically. I am not shouting anything or being sensitive about anything that I am aware. I just don't care about being politically correct when I know what is actually true. The complaint comes form the perceived injured parties of sexual competition. Its obvious.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM

This whole thread is dumb, because anyone who utters those word of the OP is obviously racist.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM

42 posts, read 162,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
Guess what everyone? Many people would be surprised to know that they may have some black or white blood/genes. I'm a black woman, but my great-grandfather was white, Am I only a quarter tainted? lol

Considering the Garden of Eden was probably situated in between Iraq, Africa, or the Persian Gulf.. I'd say A LOT of people have black genes.... LOL.... you trace your family tree back far enough and ...

Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff21xy View Post
Considering the Garden of Eden was probably situated in between Iraq, Africa, or the Persian Gulf.. I'd say A LOT of people have black genes.... LOL.... you trace your family tree back far enough and ...
Oh, we don't need facts in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships